Lovren & Gaston Injuries

Crouchie's Lawyer

The GF is a Physio and from the picture the first think she said was a likely lateral ligament has gone which in some cases can take longer to heal than a clean break. She did say there could be a possible dislocation but in fairness she has only seen 1 photograph.

Send my thanks to your wife for that info ;-)

The GF is a Physio and from the picture the first thing she said was a likely lateral ligament has gone which in some cases can take longer to heal than a clean break. She did say there could be a possible dislocation but in fairness she has only seen 1 photograph.

Not too shabby an effort wouldn't you say Danielson? Oh and she isn't lucky enough to be my wife! :lol:

#SaintsFC assistant manager Jesús Pérez expects @DejanLovren05 and @gasramirez10 to be out for six-to-eight weeks. #saintsfc

Balls...

Terrible they've announced this. MLG for one will be outraged after his vigorous defence of not revealing injuries policy as the opposition won't know who to prepare for just over a year ago.

I'd be disappointed if we don't sign a CB now. Yoshida is awful.

I like Yoshida but he is a backup prem CB, nothing more. We need to get someone in.

Shame about Gaston. I thought it looked like something was starting to click in his last few appearances...

Not good re Lovren. Will cost us a few points for certain.

I'm spamming the forum today with the interest stat that we have played 11 games with first choice back 5 and are unbeaten with 25 points

In the other 11 games where G-Nigga or Davis or Fox or Jos or Yosh got on the field we only got 6 points.

Yoshida isn't awful he just isn't in Lovrens class.He's had some very good games for Saints but hasn't had much of a look in this season.I'd prefer a decent loan signing to come in straight away but if it has to Yoshida for a few weeks then so be it.

I'm spamming the forum today with the interest stat that our first choice back 5 is unbeaten this season getting 25 points from 11 games, but as soon as G-Nigga or Davis or Fox or Jos or Yosh get on the field we only get 6 points from 11 games.

Its a telling stat.

Jos in particular has shown over a year and a half in the PL he isnt good enough so suprised we havent got another CB in. Wouldnt cost much to improve on him.

From 1 week to 4-5 weeks to 6-8 weeks. FFS. We really need to get another CB in, even if just on loan. Haven't we had the worst luck with injuries this season? It's been a joke.

Edit - even more so now if the 'serious facial injuries' to Fonte are true.

Edited by Georgie

Definitely need to identify a stand-in for Lovren. A quality CB, costing £10M+.

Gaston is - so far - Lalla's stand-in. So Lalla just needs to be prepared to play the full 90, and I'm sure he is happy to do that.

Good CBs are a rare thing,not enough to go round, we certainly won't get one in the last few days of a TW unless we've done a lot of ground work already. We'll probably have to muddle through with what we've got unless of course there are any more Roger Johnsons out there just waiting to be snapped up out of the obscurity by ambitious PL clubs.

you are a man of many colours Bearsy

In fact I think Bearsy just hides his talents under a clown's costume. Have you noticed that he in fact writes quite well and has a sharp noggin, wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bear isn't either highly educated or a wanna be journalist, the 2 being mutually exclusive of course.

even without NC going, I would have been very disappointed had we NOT brought in a CB

now this????

surely, we will

Wouldn't count on it myself, seems to be getting near the rubicon unless we've done serious spade work beforehand.

Two two month injuries,Osvaldo acting the idiot obviously trying to force his way out, no real strength in depth anywhere...yep we could certainly do with a signing of a decent player but I just doubt everything about the infrastructure of SFC needed to make it happen just now.

Yoshida is a decent CB, nowhere near the standard of Lovren but a decent CB nevertheless.

The reason he's made some mistakes this season is because he's a bit rusty, once he gets in his groove he'll be fine.

If he gets some game time and him and Fonte strike up the same partnership they had last season we'll be alright

Really disappointing news. He'd be my runner up for player of the season, just behind Lallana.

We're going to feel it with him not playing for that period of time, and if we don't strengthen slightly in this window, then I can't see us finishing too far away from where we finished last year, which after the start we had is a damn wasted season you'd have to say.

Let's just hope we can have a cup run to bring a bit of excitement back!

They are having oxygen therapy on the Injuires and it'll depend how thier bodies react to it, the recovery can vary depending on the reaction, fingers crossed. Might back sooner, maybe not though. As I said above initial thoughts were only a week for Lovren but now longer and Ramirez is a bit less than initially feared.

They are having oxygen therapy on the Injuires and it'll depend how thier bodies react to it, the recovery can vary depending on the reaction, fingers crossed. Might back sooner, maybe not though. As I said above initial thoughts were only a week for Lovren but now longer and Ramirez is a bit less than initially feared.

Thanks for the update.

Yoshida is a decent CB, nowhere near the standard of Lovren but a decent CB nevertheless.

The reason he's made some mistakes this season is because he's a bit rusty, once he gets in his groove he'll be fine.

If he gets some game time and him and Fonte strike up the same partnership they had last season we'll be alright

I'd agree with this. He was decent last year, and I was very surprised he found himself behind Hooiveld as backup.