Sunderland v SAINTS - Match Thread

Batman

Overriding emotion from that half has to be frustration........that game should be done, finished, zipped up and on the coach back to Southampton. The 2nd half shouldn't have to be a contest...but some how, we've let them back into it! The 1st half was a masterclass from us, but we really, really, really needed to make more of that, as were so much better than them at stages in that game.

Tricky 2nd half coming up.

The Southampton Way- dominate most of our matches but we never finish them off... Again, seriously hope today isn't the case.

We need a more ruthless streak. We look quietly confident, but you get the impression we need a bit more of an arrogance about us. We still play like a confident underdog rather than a cock-out, swaggering champion. Ready not just to win, but to beat the opponent.

Fergie's United were probably the best example of a team that knew how to assert themselves this way, without ever slipping into complacency. Teams would go to Old Trafford, go a goal or two down and be desperate to get off the pitch and for it all to be over.

We're not deadly yet. The JRod chance at 1-0 summed that up.

Normal service has resumed on the this saints web .should there not be a thread t

lets have ago at a player thread .

Personally the whole team are playing well including SRL who is playing the perfect target man role today

no one is having a go, just stating a fact that striker wishing to go to brazil should work the keeper from 10 yards out

im sure he agrees

In a local pub in a village near Portsmouth and I think it's a 4 pint job.. Compliments for the first goal from a couple of pompey fans who went off to their match. No idea who they're playing.. Good football but id prefer a 2 goal margin.

Early on in the game I had a moment of panic when I thought I should be at st marys: we looked like the home team and Sunderland come for a point...

Would agree that Lambert looks a little subdued today, but still playing well enough.

Hm. There's always a bittersweet twinge of "yay we scored but why do those never fall for me?" if you're a striker going through a goal drought.

Saints looking very shakey at the moment. So much riding on the next goal and Sunderland very obviously feel like they're playing on a complete freeroll, whilst we're playing to win something that we know should have been ours anyway.