Benali and Le Tissier welcome anywhere in SMS

Fitzhugh Fella

I hate this nonsense about him "destroying us" - do me a favour. He loves us and at the time was backing something he thought would stop us not existing. I'm sure in hindsight he knows he was wrong, but destroyed us? The mind boggles..

How did he "all but destroy us" off the field?

I think he means the Fialka debarcle, not that I blame him especially for it. He was sucked in by a joker, he was obviously trying to save us in a desperate time. He also didnt really shower himself in glory in the way he handled the cortese row either.

I think destroy us was a bit strong mind

Why ??

Good players don't always make good managers/ chairman etc.

Leave MLT to get on with his media career, he is the past we need to look at now and future.

I agree with NC desire to keep certain elements away from the club... Not harmed us has it ???

Why does everyone forget matts involvement with the chap who lived with his parents?!?!?!

Who said anything about managers or chairman? Odd.

I think he means the Fialka debarcle, not that I blame him especially for it. He was sucked in by a joker, he was obviously trying to save us in a desperate time. He also didnt really shower himself in glory in the way he handled the cortese row either.

I think destroy us was a bit strong mind

Agreed. No-one is suggesting that Le Tiss has any sort of serious business acumen or that he might not have been better off keeping his own counsel at times in the last few years, but in my mind he's always wanted the best for the club and should at the very least be welcomed there. He's a great asset to the club and city.

Agreed. No-one is suggesting that Le Tiss has any sort of serious business acumen or that he might not have been better off keeping his own counsel at times in the last few years, but in my mind he's always wanted the best for the club and should at the very least be welcomed there. He's a great asset to the club and city.

Exactly, having sampled some of the corperate hospitality I think it lacks the extra oomph that ex players could add by turning up and having a chat or even in the president/leibherr suits have an ex player as the host. Would entice more people IMO

I think you'll find that a lot of the ex-saints organisation have never stopped attending St Mary's. I think they may even have a box? They're a good bunch' date=' having met them at a London Saints event a couple of years ago. Not too fond of Cortese mind you...[/quote']

The ex saints are superb

So all the freebies are back on tap, that's good news for the old guard, the normal supporter will gain nothing from that. MLT is a superb player in our history but forget not he was close to finishing our club off due to a bad decision/company.

NC was right to keep the snipers at arms length. It is interesting that FB was contacted, no doubt an old friend at the club probably not by the hierarchy. i suspect ML knew of the past problems with the old guard and would have supported NC decisions

Complete rubbish.

Why ??

Good players don't always make good managers/ chairman etc.

Leave MLT to get on with his media career, he is the past we need to look at now and future.

I agree with NC desire to keep certain elements away from the club... Not harmed us has it ???

Why does everyone forget matts involvement with the chap who lived with his parents?!?!?!

Because it's obvious he was naive but has clubs best interests at heart.

Welcome back matt and lawrie and the real Southampton family and glad liebharrs are involved again has it was there money which saved us and hopefully now have a new chief executive who can sale the box's at St Marys and let the catering and commercial side be run by experts .rather than sacking staff every 5 minutes and court battles over bills over silly things.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

:lol: Looks a bit ropey for NC's private boudoir though.

Are you insinuating that MLT and Franny were able to penetrate the public toilet facilities with a hatchway in SMS under Cortese's stewardship?

No wonder he went,

There is an actual quote from Cortese saying that everyone is welcome so long as they pay. Few agendas at work in this story I think.

That's not true Saint Clark. Benali has been banned from the ground the last few years.

He is Mike Osmans brother i think. I agree with him though lay off Mike Osman he gets unfair abuse on here. he is a local lad that has done well.

Shouldn't be making unfounded rumours about things like thst in public manji. Surfing close the the legal line.

Nick mate that post is one of your most ignorant. Matt pays for his tickets and gets no freebies nor does Franny. The person who rang Franny was very close to NC. If there is to be any positivity from NC's departure let's celebrate some healing of wounds. The more people pulling together the better it will be for our team.
Duncan I also will love MLT be given the respect he deserves and if he can become an ambassador for club that would be superb. The timing of the call seems bizarre, the club was in turmoil and somebody thinks about phoning FB and MLT ! I do hope we do not go back to the Wilde days where the hangers on were in full force. They dont want to pay but if its a freebie then they will put their shoes on

Still enjoying the book by the way, I may as well give it a plug for you,:)

Duncan I also will love MLT be given the respect he deserves and if he can become an ambassador for club that would be superb. The timing of the call seems bizarre, the club was in turmoil and somebody thinks about phoning FB and MLT ! I do hope we do not go back to the Wilde days where the hangers on were in full force. They dont want to pay but if its a freebie then they will put their shoes on

Still enjoying the book by the way, I may as well give it a plug for you,:)

Hangers on? Who exactly? Don't judge the Wilde era the sane way as when crouch was in charge. We got that side right then. Le tiss has done a lot for club. Chelsea spoil their ex players completely, are they wrong. Le tiss paid for his season ticket.

Edited by Roger

What you expect when you say things like that about someone's brother. Massively uncalled for.

Roger I have known Mike and his brothers for over 40 years and they are a great bunch of lads, if manji is aluding to what I think he is you will find that NFA has been reported.

Hangers on? Who exactly? Don't judge the Wilde era the sane way as when crouch was in charge. We got that side right then. Le tiss has done a lot for club. Chelsea spoil their ex players completely, are they wrong. Le tiss paid for his season ticket.
I know MLT paid for his S/T, that is admirable, i think you will find that NC ML had a policy of everybody paying. I cant see the problem with that.

Roger I have known Mike and his brothers for over 40 years and they are a great bunch of lads, if manji is aluding to what I think he is you will find that NFA has been reported.
I have only met Mike once or twice and found him to be the most entertaining and warm person. I cant see why he gets so much envy and stick on here. He adores Saints and a local man.

I know MLT paid for his S/T, that is admirable, i think you will find that NC ML had a policy of everybody paying. I cant see the problem with that.

Nor can I just asking you to say who the hangers on where? I haven't got a problem although terry Paine was afforded hospitality and a few other select players without paying so Should be one rule. I don't think Matty and Benali getting odd freebie would be bad at all though for what they've done for club.

Nor can I just asking you to say who the hangers on where? I haven't got a problem although terry Paine was afforded hospitality and a few other select players without paying so Should be one rule. I don't think Matty and Benali getting odd freebie would be bad at all though for what they've done for club.

Few others get free tickets also. Bit of a one rule for one policy.

I have only met Mike once or twice and found him to be the most entertaining and warm person. I cant see why he gets so much envy and stick on here. He adores Saints and a local man.

He doesn't get that much, just the same 1 or 2 faceless mugs that seem to have an agenda with him and Lawrie Mac and can't give up an opportunity.