Maybe Katarina has better plans for the club than NC had

berkshiresaint

Totally agree what does it matter what she looks like, give the lady a chance I hope for one that she comes in and does a good job and makes her Dad proud.

tbf we also ragged cortese for his diminutive stature + lowe for his public school upbringing. We are equal opportunities in our abuses!

"Maybe Katrina has better plans for the club"

Better for her maybe, sell to the highest bidder and finally free up he father´s fortune. Whether that is better for the club will depend on who buys it and if they can (unlikely in my opinion) keep MP as manager.

I am normally an optimist, but have a horrible vision in my head of saints in the championship in 2 years time with Ian Holloway at the helm promising a lat surge into the playoffs.

He is, I would literally love to hear his reasoning. They aren't the ones who decided to pay transfer fees or give themselves large contracts are they? Honestly.

True! But they did decide to contribute naff all in effort and enthusiasm for a good 80% of the games they played in Gaston has had a few assists but its all too little too late!

OK then, clever clogs. Give us your detailed appraisal of the facts that leads you to this conclusion. Facts, that is, not conjecture, speculation, supposition or guesswork derived from conclusions that eminate from your febrile imagination.

No. I will just give my opinion, happy to be judged on it. We will see.

Although I am happy to see that this :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25755711

Supports my opinion :-

"The problems began at the end of last season and although an uneasy truce was reached in May, by the time the season had begun, it was clear all was not well. Liebherr, who was left the club by her father Marcus following his sudden death in 2010, had no interest in Southampton and no knowledge of football - she wanted to sell the club. Cortese was open to that, but his preference for a sale in two or three years was at odds with Liebherr's desire for an immediate sale. "

I am normally an optimist, but have a horrible vision in my head of saints in the championship in 2 years time with Ian Holloway at the helm promising a lat surge into the playoffs.

A grim prospect indeed. We'll probably be back in stripes by then tho so everything will be okay...

"The problems began at the end of last season and although an uneasy truce was reached in May, by the time the season had begun, it was clear all was not well. Liebherr, who was left the club by her father Marcus following his sudden death in 2010, had no interest in Southampton and no knowledge of football - she wanted to sell the club. Cortese was open to that, but his preference for a sale in two or three years was at odds with Liebherr's desire for an immediate sale. "

The BBC item implies that KL wants to sell asap, that she doesn't want to wait 2 or 3 years to do it. Cortese has said that in the event that Liebherrs wanted to sell he had people waiting to buy, that the future would be guaranteed. If there's been a rumbling issue since May I can't imagine that NC hasn't a backup plan other than just to do a disappearing act. I think he'll be in there fighting for what he wants - I don't think he'll just walk away from his achievements.

This is of course pure speculation, if such a thing is still allowed on a discussion forum.

I asked you for facts and you have not been able to provide anything factual at all. You just produce an article from a media source which is as much conjecture as yours. The media also reported that Cortese had been offered an "eye-watering" sum of money to stay, but he declined it. That hardly gives any substance to your or the Beeb's contention that Katarina was in a tearing hurry to sell the club, does it?

Supports my opinion that they would sell up during last summer. By far the very best moment to sell - Prem status assured and not yet on the draining money pit of "just two more players".

Glad to see I wasn't far off, despite being mocked on here.

As far as the Leibherrs are concerned, they've fulfilled Dad's wishes and can move on.

I have no doubt they will sell us to someone good, regardless of the hysterical dipsticks on here squealing "Lee Barnard! Lee Barnard! We'll be playing Lee Barnard!"

All will be fine.

The BBC item implies that KL wants to sell asap, that she doesn't want to wait 2 or 3 years to do it. Cortese has said that in the event that Liebherrs wanted to sell he had people waiting to buy, that the future would be guaranteed. If there's been a rumbling issue since May I can't imagine that NC hasn't a backup plan other than just to do a disappearing act. I think he'll be in there fighting for what he wants - I don't think he'll just walk away from his achievements.

This is of course pure speculation, if such a thing is still allowed on a discussion forum.

No speculation or opinion allowed - only cold hard facts it seems - and no insults.

Are you sure? Management buyouts are hardly a new thing and a Cortese-led consortium surely would be a similar thing - and all the equity is Liebherr's anyway so it would be up to them (her) to look after the family's interest.

Cortese's last spat with KL was in the summer transfer window and before that investment at Staplewood appeared to have stumbled for a while. Now he resigns in the January transfer window, so it seems pretty clear that there has been an issue about nvestment and vision since ML died. My guess is that there was probably some kind of gentleman's agreement between NC & ML for Cortese to eventually become (at least) a part owner - an Italian banker running an English football club just for salary never seemed a likely proposition.

I think it likely that KL has probably demanded too much for the club, Cortese (and his possible backers) think the price should be lower on the basis that the added value has been brought by Cortese's efforts, so he's hacked off about that.

Remember too that NC/ML played a waiting game before they bought the club - they wanted it at the right price. It paid off for NC then, maybe he's trying the same tactic again, trying not to look too keen to buy. However if MP does also quit it might indicate that NC and his backers have finally walked, that KL has been too intransigent on the price.

It did make me laugh when people said KL would sell because she isn't interested in football. I suppose that must mean she is interested in locomotives, cranes and other heavy engineering. Mind you from the photo of her I can see why that might be the case.

The key word there is "Engineering" .... Something you can more readily control and see your Profit/Loss

Football is nothing like that, completely different in fact. Very few Clubs in the UK make sustained profits, and, ironically, a TRUE worth of a Club would not be known until all it's ASSETS (Players) are sold

The key word there is "Engineering" .... Something you can more readily control and see your Profit/Loss

Football is nothing like that, completely different in fact. Very few Clubs in the UK make sustained profits, and, ironically, a TRUE worth of a Club would not be known until all it's ASSETS (Players) are sold

I seem to remember reading somewhere that virtually everything from the late Markus's empire (not that it every included cranes, dumper trucks, freezers or heavy engineering) has been sold off and all that remains is a sort of consultancy business.

Can't for the life of me think why the owner would be any more interested in keeping SFC than the rest of it.

Supports my opinion that they would sell up during last summer. By far the very best moment to sell - Prem status assured and not yet on the draining money pit of "just two more players".

As far as the Leibherrs are concerned, they've fulfilled Dad's wishes and can move on.

I have no doubt they will sell us to someone good, regardless of the hysterical dipsticks on here squealing "Lee Barnard! Lee Barnard! We'll be playing Lee Barnard!"

All will be fine.

As usual CBFRY you are always right. Thanks for reminding everyone.

Interesting, if you go to the family web site their is a photo showing the family members that run the business, the lady above is not a part of that

are you sure that the web site that you've been looking at concerns the right branch of the family ??

Ms KL only has one business, Mali International Holdings AG. All the rest is a different branch of the family, uncles, aunts, cousins etc.

All will be fine.

Hope Barney does get a few games, good player!

are you sure that the web site that you've been looking at concerns the right branch of the family ??

Ms KL only has one business, Mali International Holdings AG. All the rest is a different branch of the family, uncles, aunts, cousins etc.

Thank you window, I stand corrected, you are right I did go to the Leiberr crane site, thanks again.

A few months after buying Southampton he bailed out a struggling printing company in Bern, saving 50 jobs and those of 72 apprentices and becoming known as the "Wifag saviour".

After his death at the age of 62 in August 2010 and the subsequent inheritance of Mali Holdings by Katharina, she decided to make 31 employees redundant and has since been accused of failing to set a new direction for the company.

The Swiss newspaper Der Bund said that while Mali initially said that Katharina would continue her father's work, "it has become increasingly clear in recent months that Mali can't sort out the successorship".

One employee at Wifag was quoted saying: "With the death of the patron, the chicken has lost its head. For a while it continued wandering around without a sense of direction, then it bled to death."

I wonder if she ate it?

A few months after buying Southampton he bailed out a struggling printing company in Bern, saving 50 jobs and those of 72 apprentices and becoming known as the "Wifag saviour".

After his death at the age of 62 in August 2010 and the subsequent inheritance of Mali Holdings by Katharina, she decided to make 31 employees redundant and has since been accused of failing to set a new direction for the company.

The Swiss newspaper Der Bund said that while Mali initially said that Katharina would continue her father's work, "it has become increasingly clear in recent months that Mali can't sort out the successorship".

One employee at Wifag was quoted saying: "With the death of the patron, the chicken has lost its head. For a while it continued wandering around without a sense of direction, then it bled to death."

I wonder if she ate it?

No she would have dipped the rest in breadcrumbs and scoffed the lot.

:mcinnes: