£30 million for for Luke Shaw should we take it?

modern matron

Yup but injuries, suspensions, champions league etc etc would expect them to want 3 especially when Azpilicueta is a RB.

Mourinho doesn't play wonder boys, he likes seasoned pros, players with status and standing. We really need to get away from this myth that Chelsea are going to give us loads of money for Shaw. If Mourinho had wanted to sign a left back he'd be going for Coentrao and maybe he still is. Coentrao was one of Mourinho's go to players at Real, if he's available he'd be his first choice and will cost far less than all of these speculative amounts for Shaw.

It seems to me we have no problems with our young academy lads as long as their families are not the types to be ever pushing their kids to do better for themselves and to grab as much money as they can squeeze out of the system and most probably for their own gain rather than out of any real concern about what is best for their kids in the longer term. We saw it with Alex Chamberlain, his effing father was the sort of nasty piece of work who was always pushing his son on probably for the best money toy the exclusion of loyalty and we saw it with Lewis Hamilton in F1. Both are now in the doldrums with all their early promise apparently snuffed out of them.

Luke Shaw seems to be on that particular sticky slope but luckily Adam, Callum, Nathaniel and James seem to be in charge of their own destinies and long may it stay that way. If I'd had a lad good enough to play for Saints, I'd have done my level best to have persuaded him to stay here for his whole career.