Frantic scenes in the chapel today

saint lard

Really wish the guy all the best and a full recovery!

Looks like there was a great response from everyone involved from what I could see. Not an easy task at all!

However am I the only person who thought with a situation this serious the game should be put on hold? Just seemed taking the guy out at full time made it a very difficult situation indeed! Which makes their job even more impressive in my opinion!

Hopefully will pull through and make a full recovery. Must have been horrible for any family or friends present as well.

To the poster who chose to inject a bit of dark humour into the thread (posts deleted), please be more appropriate next time.

Ban the arsehole...disgracefull

Saving a life is more important than a game of football. So if it was a benefit in any way no matter how small then yes the game should have been stopped.

I wasn't there so don't know the timing. But you would think it would make sense to stop the game just to keep the crowd inside so he could get out the ground quicker and with no traffic to deal with.

In these situations every second counts.

I wasn't at the game. But like I said if it was at the end of the match then it should have been stopped so it would be easier to remove him from the ground and easier for the ambulance to get to the hospital due to traffic and the crown departing.

This could all save valuable time and in return be a key factor in survival

So yes I think if the game is over 3/4 played then yes it should be stopped without question.

Hi, the guy in question was my Dad. A Saints fan and season ticket holder for many years.

He seems okay at the moment, currently in hospital.

Everybody who helped were fantastic and can't thank them enough, stewarts, paramedics and fans.

I hope your dad makes a full recovery and is back in the Chapel before long.

Hi, the guy in question was my Dad. A Saints fan and season ticket holder for many years.

Everybody who helped were fantastic and can't thank them enough, stewarts, paramedics and fans.

Really wish your dad all the best, having had too many of these incidents in my family those minutes until the paramedics get there are the vital ones so hopefully he is completely out of the woods soon.

So glad there were people on hand to help as times like these put everything into perspective.

I wasn't at the game. But like I said if it was at the end of the match then it should have been stopped so it would be easier to remove him from the ground and easier for the ambulance to get to the hospital due to traffic and the crown departing.

This could all save valuable time and in return be a key factor in survival

So yes I think if the game is over 3/4 played then yes it should be stopped without question.

By end of the match people just mean late on, it wasn't after the final whistle so there weren't hoards of people clogging up the exits.

Also, he wasn't taken out through the concourse anyway, he was taken out through the big gate in the chapel/kingsland corner where an ambulance had reversed halfway into the ground.

I get what you're saying but I really don't think it would have made a difference.

So glad to hear your Dad is doing ok, best wishes to him, yourself and family. I Hope he makes a full recovery.

Was sat a few rows back, will put on record my respect for the professionalism of all the stadium staff involved,. Speedy and professional, focused on medical care and wider situation and those around (moving kids out quickly etc.). I say this as someone who has moaned about "jobsworth" stewards before. Clearly these days they do lots of training and drills for situations like this so full respect to them.

Thanks for the update, its good to hear that everyone played a part in helping your Dad and hope he recovers fully.

That's good to hear. If he's in Southampton General then I know from my own experience that he's in very good hands. We all wish him well.

Really pleasing to here. Wishing your dad all the best.

It's good news that he is on the mend and in good hands. It must be a very worrying time for your family and all Saints fans will be willing him to a full recovery. Best wishes to all of you and let's hope and pray your dad will soon be back on the terraces. Just tell him next season will be better than this.

Best wishes to your Dad for a quick recovery, and well done Stadium staff and paramedics.

Best of wishes to your dad and all your family. I hope everything works out ok and he is back at St Mary's soon.