• Schneiderlin
    • Davis, S
    • Lallana
    • Rodriguez
    • Lambert
    • Ramirez
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Do Prado

From my position in the stadium...Gaston played a world class for Lallana....

Once again....Gaston showed what world class potential this footballer has..

Artrur Boruc...what can you say about a world class keeper..

Just seeing King Artur in goal gives the team ,supporters and particularly me.....such confidence.

Adam Lallana as I always suspected is maturing into a fantastic footballer...

Luke Shaw...what can anyone say...the lad is 18 and is superb.

Corky and Morgan worked very hard....but I like many others...want to see Victor Wanyama back in the side...

Always thought ..our Victor was a man mountain....but since he has been away...you realise how much his presence in the middle meant to the side.

Well done Saints.

Well done Poch..great coach..

Well done my fellow Saints supporters at the game.....stayed with the side throughout.

The ref...........poor and certainly not worth a world cup gig....Booke one of ours...and then Nat Clyne was horendously upended...not a word...:mcinnes:

Just seeing King Artur in goal gives the team ,supporters and particularly me.....such confidence.

Corky and Morgan worked very hard....but I like many others...want to see Victor Wanyama back in the side...

Always thought ..our Victor was a man mountain....but since he has been away...you realise how much his presence in the middle meant to the side.

Well done Saints.

Well done my fellow Saints supporters at the game.....stayed with the side throughout.

The ref...........poor and certainly not worth a world cup gig....Booke one of ours...and then Nat Clyne was horendously upended...not a word...:mcinnes:

Very poor ref:x

WBA came for the draw, shocking sense goalkeeper delaying play at every oportunity, Lallana Borac, Remirezs key players. Ricky's legs have sadly gone.

I take no pleasure in agreeing with you in that assessment. I mooted the same a few weeks back in a post match thread.

I thought so mate, it was a reasonably hard challenge but looked like he got the ball, I was fairly close to it.
OK, that's fair enough. I was over the other side and didn't see it, but from there it looked a robust challenge, but happy to go with your closer take on it. Long certainly felt the impact, but there's no shame there, he was an arse all game. Lovren really is a player.

OK, that's fair enough. I was over the other side and didn't see it, but from there it looked a robust and late challenge, but happy to go with your closer take on it. Long certainly felt the impact, but there's no shame there, he was an arse all game. Lovren really is a player.

Actually would be my man of the match today, love watching him chase down players and then just strolling away with it. What a player.

And yep, Long is a little ****.

Seriously, what was that about? Unbelievable. Funny how they speeded up so much when one down. I don't think I've ever seen a team come to St. Mary's and play for a 0-0 from 15 minutes in. I thought better of West Brom.

Spot on except Foster was wasting time at his first goal kick on 3/4 mins. Most of the crowd around me could not believe it either!

Well done Saints.

Very poor ref:x

Sorry my fellow posters.......I pt this up twice...:mcinnes:

Sooooo excited...got carried away:blush:

Did I mention that there is a world class footballer called Gaston Ramirez...starting to show his real class in bundles....:D

NOT forgetting the magnificent Lovren:)

Edited by ottery st mary

Haven't seen anyone saying how well Adam took the goal. It still had to be finished and he showed the composure he hasn't had until recently.

He's taken some stick in the past for not getting as many goals as he might do but that's certainly something he's added to his game.

Lallana my motm, stood out at times. Cork good, unfortunate to be taken off again. Frustrating how many times Shaw and Clyne, particularly in the first half, had good opportunities to cross the ball and we produced nothing from it.

Frustrating also that we're so far ahead of the dross below us like West Brom, but not quite up to the batch above us leaving us in limbo for league games the rest of this season.

There were only two players on the pitch today that could have made that pass. Gaston Ramirez and Adam Lallana. The difference between them and the others is that they both try to attack and we are better with them doing that. I still haven't worked out why Cork is taken out of midfield, whatever his deficiencies he wins more tackles and along with Schneiderlin and in the absence of Wanyama gives us a solid midfield. I don't think playing Davis, Lallana and Ramirez and just having Schneiderlin is solid enough, it was no coincidence that as WBA pressed for an equaliser we weren't strong enough in front of the back four, who had to defend deep. I think it was Davis that should have been replaced by Ramirez keeping the solid midfield.

There were only two players on the pitch today that could have made that pass. Gaston Ramirez and Adam Lallana. The difference between them and the others is that they both try to attack and we are better with them doing that. I still haven't worked out why Cork is taken out of midfield, whatever his deficiencies he wins more tackles and along with Schneiderlin and in the absence of Wanyama gives us a solid midfield. I don't think playing Davis, Lallana and Ramirez and just having Schneiderlin is solid enough, it was no coincidence that as WBA pressed for an equaliser we weren't strong enough in front of the back four, who had to defend deep. I think it was Davis that should have been replaced by Ramirez keeping the solid midfield.

Completely agree.

I'd agree. We always seem to take off a DM for Gaston and it leaves us open.

Was it ludicrous, Dogger?? I was on the other side but it looked like a fair booking to me. The one on Long, right?

Was over in hospitality (I know, free bar though, you wouldnt turn it down either) seemed strong but as far as I saw was his first foul so a tad harsh, cane too soon after their moan about Morgs' foul I reckon.

I thought today's match only papered over the cracks. Appalling game from our point of view. Pochettino just doesn't have an alternative game plan. A better team would have walked all over us and needed Boruc to save the day as he did today.

Ramirez performs for 10 minutes and then fades. Poor Sam, just what must he do to get on and replace Ricky and JayRod. They were pretty poor and the lad could have easily played better and made a name for himself. Chambers was badly missed and once again we are wide open on the right of defense.

Spoilt brat basing opinions on first part of the season or WUM or idiot? Which is it?

Any win in this league is a fantastic result.

Spoilt brat basing opinions on first part of the season or WUM or idiot? Which is it?

Any win in this league is a fantastic result.

I'm sorry art but Clyne is better than chambers at mo and hardly anything came down his wing. Most stupid post ever from you art pathetic.

Looked a nothing challenge from where I was sat, but it clearly hurt Long.

It looked a straightforward challenge to me. I had a good view of it down to my right and Lovren blocked the ball which ricocheted between them and his follow-through caught Long. The assistant flagged for the foul and Webb thought it worth a yellow somehow.

Had a chat with Wanyama. He thinks he will be back next week.

Ramirez meant that pass utter class. However I think it was a dangerous substitution. It worked this time although it was squeaky bum time at the end. I think Cork should always stay on unless Wanyama is fit. Steve Davis cannot play the holding role and Ramirez cannot track back and defend.

Rickie was class today if you know anything about football, although he should have scored.

Boruc was great, but his kicking is sometimes a bit wayward.

Not a great game for Jay-rod.

How dangerous could we be if we could cross a ball. Shame only Rickie knows how to do that.

Great 3 points. Not a great performance.

WBA are very poor, but they are tough to break down and pressed well. Embarrassing to think they were playing for time from the start.

Really? When Has Lallana taken stick for not having goals in his game? He was a 20 a season man back in League 1.

Not many last year but he has improved enormously for me in three areas, kicking left footed, better, crisper ball striking, and looks a little quicker. Looks like lots of hard work to me, he has come a long way since League1. Now a very good player.

Totally agree

It looked a straightforward challenge to me. I had a good view of it down to my right and Lovren blocked the ball which ricocheted between them and his follow-through caught Long. The assistant flagged for the foul and Webb thought it worth a yellow somehow.
It was definitely the lino from her side view..

Mr Webb was not going to give it....but sawlino furiously flagging...

My view was that Lovren caught the ball first...

Lino has her view and Webb has to go with that I suppose.....he was close enough to over rule the lino.

Ramirez meant that pass utter class. However I think it was a dangerous substitution. It worked this time although it was squeaky bum time at the end. I think Cork should always stay on unless Wanyama is fit. Steve Davis cannot play the holding role and Ramirez cannot track back and defend.

Rickie was class today if you know anything about football, although he should have scored.

Boruc was great, but his kicking is sometimes a bit wayward.

Not a great game for Jay-rod.

How dangerous could we be if we could cross a ball. Shame only Rickie knows how to do that.

Great 3 points. Not a great performance.

WBA are very poor, but they are tough to break down and pressed well. Embarrassing to think they were playing for time from the start.

The way I saw it.

3 goals in all comps last year I believe, I might be wrong.
Right you are, hadn't seen how relatively poor his stats were last season. I guess that's why he came under so much criticism. Back in the groove though. One poor season sandwiched in between a glorious scoring pattern for a non-striker.

Cheers for the snippet of info. Did he mean "back" as in back in light training or "back" as in potentially available for the match day squad?

Edited by trousers

Right you are, hadn't seen how relatively poor his stats were last season. I guess that's why he came under so much criticism. Back in the groove though. One poor season sandwiched in between a glorious scoring pattern for a non-striker.

Not really it wasn't great the season before in champ. Or before that!

I don't think he came in for a lot of criticism but it was maybe the missing component to being a more complete player. Always been a huge fan of his and as you say back in the groove with respect to goals and continually proving himself in the top league.