• Schneiderlin
    • Davis, S
    • Lallana
    • Rodriguez
    • Lambert
    • Ramirez
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Do Prado

As the commentator said - not sure Gaston meant the pass to AL for the goal and aside from that he was again a passenger and the midfield was surrendered inviting pressure onto us once he came on...

Shut up! Clueless. Won the game for us

strange game to watch. WBA came with a plan to keep eleven behind the ball when they didnt have possession and consequently surrendered possession to Saints for the majority of the game and hoped we wouldnt break them down.....and for long periods it looked that way. I said at half time to my son that this game was crying out for Ramirez to unlock WBA and what a lovely pass it was for Adams goal. We never looked in any danger of losing as WBA never committed players forward until we scored. Boruc then earned his pay with a good block and the defence held firm. Would have been an injustice if we had not won.

Brilliant assist for the goal from Gaston, didn't really see the save, but just saw it bounce out and heard Northam cheer like we'd just scored.

We've finally broken the curse of Webb!

I though Webb was very fair. Gave us plenty of 50-50 decisions. So much for the predicted referee backlash following the Clattenburg incident...

"We are sleepwalking towards a relegation battle."

"Ramirez is crap."

"We should think about replacing the manager."

"We will be overtaken by Hull, Aston Villa, Swansea and Stoke."

"If we finish on 40 points I'll be delighted."

In all seriousness, good to see us win when not playing well. You could tell the players weren't exactly bristling with confidence when WBA started hoofing it into the box towards the end and we did very nearly concede when they got their first and only real cohesive attack together. Although having said that, we didn't look in any danger at all for a good 80 minutes and completely dominated the midfield.

That win will do us the world of good, the top-half finish beckons, as does the bonus target of winning more games than we lose.

At least two of those opening quotes are from Dalek, possibly more.

Seriously, if you can't recognise the single most blatant wind-up troll on the forum by now, god help you.

That was only ever in peoples imagination.

No, no and thrice no. The club are a laughing stock, Adam will be abused from this day hence affecting his performances and the referees club will all gang up on us and we'll never get a 50:50 decision ever again. It was decreed thus.

Hopefully with the back five back together, Wanyama to come back we can push on from here and get another good run going.

Let's hope that is the sticky patch over, fairly tough run of games, a few key injuries and a hectic schedule. Aside from Arsenal and Liverpool (both at home as well) we have plenty of chances in the next 10 games to get plenty of points.

I'm honestly starting to think that the WUMS and trolls on this forum are starting to think that WUM and troll are terms of endearment. :(

LOL, I don't think so. Sometimes when you express your real 'fears' it comes across as trolling. I mean, if you take away some of the comments the site becomes very bland.

It seems that some posters are able to deal with comments they disagree with more comfortably than others.

What I don't like is personalised and insulting comments, but it is OK to have a bit of banter.

LOL, I don't think so. Sometimes when you express your real 'fears' it comes across as trolling. I mean, if you take away some of the comments the site becomes very bland.

It seems that some posters are able to deal with comments they disagree with more comfortably than others.

What I don't like is personalised and insulting comments, but it is OK to have a bit of banter.

You go on for years and years about Hoddle, but cannot spot a deliberate pattern void of evolution in the posts of others? ;)

Solid if unspectacular win. Bringing Ramirez on changed the game, his use of the ball and movement opened up space for others and his pass for the goal was sublime (it happened in front of us and I thought he meant it)

It was great having our first choice back 5 playing together for the first time in a while.

Anyone know what happened to the person in the Chapel? Saw the Ambulance when we walked past after and judging by the work the medics were doing in the back it looked quite serious.

Oh, and a big facepalm to the bloke who got caught drinking a bottle of Magners in the family stand at half time.

A great win, but not a great performance. Very labored for the majority of that game, but we always looked the most likely.

Was quite clear that WBA wanted a draw and nothing else, and they were complete and utter fodder. I'd have been seriously depressed if we'd failed to win that one! What a shocking team to have to support.

No, no and thrice no. The club are a laughing stock, Adam will be abused from this day hence affecting his performances and the referees club will all gang up on us and we'll never get a 50:50 decision ever again. It was decreed thus.

And as a result of our captain's actions, we'll slip down the table, being overtaken by the mighty forces of West Ham and Aston Villa and before we know it, we'll find ourselves playing a Tuesday evening derby with the Skates to try and survive in the Football League.

A great win, but not a great performance. Very labored for the majority of that game, but we always looked the most likely.

Was quite clear that WBA wanted a draw and nothing else, and they were complete and utter fodder. I'd have been seriously depressed if we'd failed to win that one! What a shocking team to have to support.

I suppose they are in desperation row. I think the fear of relegation causes teams to go into 'safety mode' It is killing the game as a spectacle.

The other thing that does not surprise me is to see a very different Wham today that in the last 2 Cup games. All driven by fear of losing Prem status.

On that note I hope Wham go down.

And as a result of our captain's actions, we'll slip down the table, being overtaken by the mighty forces of West Ham and Aston Villa and before we know it, we'll find ourselves playing a Tuesday evening derby with the Skates to try and survive in the Football League.

Actually, I must be more pleased with this win than I thought. I forgot to have my weekly laugh at the skates!!! It feels even better now! :)

A boring first half, but we had most of the possession and were winning most of the 50/50 balls. Cork in particular played a blinder, but the other midfielders were also committed and sharp. The few times that WBA penetrated the midfield, the defence looked composed and it was the formidable combination of Lovren, Fonte, Clyne and Shaw that had kept the goals against column so low, their assurance enhanced by the return of Boruc. Shaw in particular stood out, Clyne a little below par. Anelka and Long hardly got a sniff of possession in a threatening area and Boruc had an easy first 45 minutes to reintroduce himself between the sticks. However, for all of our possession, we didn't seem to have the cutting edge in the final third, a Saints shortcoming in many matches this season.

The second half brought a little more pressure higher up the pitch and from early on it did look as if we might make a breakthrough, but WBA defended doggedly. When Cork went off to be replaced by Ramirez, I fretted that perhaps Cork's industry might be missed and be troublesome if we began to lose our dominance of the midfield. It was obviously a gamble, with the reasoning that perhaps Cork was tiring and that the introduction of Ramirez would bring some invention and flair to unlock their defence. And so it proved, because Ramirez produced a sweet defence splitting ball into the box for Lallana to run on to and slot away. I note some comments thinking that Ramirez' pass might have involved an element of luck, but I saw it clearly from the Chapel corner and it looked pretty deliberate to me.

Frankly, it was what the game desperately needed, as WBA seemed content to play for the point and hope to hit us on the break and Foster should have been carded for some dreadful time-wasting. Nothing concentrates the minds of a team like going behind and WBA suddenly discovered some urgency, which suited us when they had to commit players forward. There were a few nervous moments when they broke quickly and pumped balls towards our box, but apart from the marvellous save from Boruc, we defended well. In the last minute or two, there were a couple of nail-biting incidents when Foster went up for a couple of corners, but we saw the match out and gained a massive confidence boost from the three points and a clean sheet.

I thought Cork was motm,he was everywhere in the 1st half,Gaston's pass was exactly the type he did for Clynes goal vs Villa last season,fingers crossed his confidence will be high and he can kick start his career,I still have high hopes Gaston and Osvaldo would be dreamy

Frankly, it was what the game desperately needed, as WBA seemed content to play for the point and hope to hit us on the break and Foster should have been carded for some dreadful time-wasting.

They were wasting time from the start which is pretty pathetic against a mid table team they should be thinking they can beat.

They were wasting time from the start which is pretty pathetic against a mid table team they should be thinking they can beat.

Looking at the table, it is going to be a right dogfight. Up here in Canary land, fans are getting very worried as Norwich seem to be sliding down the table.

I am glad Saints are out of it, but I will only relax when we reach the 40 point mark.

Boruc 8-one save but what a save.

Clyne 6- solid defensively.

Fonte 7

Lovren 7

Shaw 7-massive jump

Cork 7-better than Morgan again

Morgan 6-not at his best at mo

Lallana 7

J rod 5-first touch?

S Davis 5-didn't offer much

Lambert 6-didn't think he was that bad.

Gaston 7-what a ball!!

Boruc 8-one save but what a save.

Clyne 6- solid defensively.

Fonte 7

Lovren 7

Shaw 7-massive jump

Cork 7-better than Morgan again

Morgan 6-not at his best at mo

Lallana 7

J rod 5-first touch?

S Davis 5-didn't offer much

Lambert 6-didn't think he was that bad.

Gaston 7-what a ball!!

Thanks. Has anyone got a link so that I can see lallana's goal. Would be much appreciated, otherwise I will wait for MOTD.

Looking at the table, it is going to be a right dogfight. Up here in Canary land, fans are getting very worried as Norwich seem to be sliding down the table.

I am glad Saints are out of it, but I will only relax when we reach the 40 point mark.

Heard Solksjaer interviewed on 5live on the way home. He said there's 2 leagues - 9th up and everyone else which means we're bottom of our league.

;)

are you ready for that bet yet ?

Sorry, I never gamble.

Nor do I but it was for charity. I was happy to stand by my conviction and make a wager for charity regarding your claim. I agree it would not be fair now as there is at least a 7 point gap between the clubs you felt would finish above us.

i did understand your concerns regarding us sliding but to believe that we would finish below some of those clubs was unlikely