FA Cup 4th round draw - Sunday 2pm - HOME v YEOVIL TOWN

The Kraken

Well, that draw persuades me that I'm probably more interested in the FA Cup than the League this season (barring a massive upswing or a massive downswing in our form in the league)

This. Were set for mid table this season. A cup run is what its all about. A good passage to wembley is far more realistic than European football any other way.

Same price as Burnley was on Saturday is it not?

its a crap price, and we will get a small crowd reflecting that.

they could have still let season ticket holders have their own seats as long as those seats are in the open areas of the ground - that would have helped them sell a few as well.

and very much value for money

on another note, semi final of the league cup and home to a poor united. Sunderland have far from sold out. that is also £20 tops

Point being the Burnley crowd was poor, as will this one be, which was the original point made.

and very much value for money

on another note, semi final of the league cup and home to a poor united. Sunderland have far from sold out. that is also £20 tops

define "value for money" ?

sunderland charged £10 for adults for their cup home game v Carlisle, that is what we should be doing to fill the ground and allow fans who have been priced out of premier league football to come along.

define "value for money" ?

sunderland charged £10 for adults for their cup home game v Carlisle, that is what we should be doing to fill the ground and allow fans who have been priced out of premier league football to come along.

sunderland are struggling to get a full house in the semi final of a major competition

also, yeovil have a say in this right?

either way, it will be circa 18k and that will probably be one of the biggest outside of the top 6 clubs left in the competition

sunderland are struggling to get a full house in the semi final of a major competition

either way, it will be circa 18k and that will probably be one of the biggest outside of the top 6 clubs left in the competition

Yeovil are a less attractive opposition. Can't see 3,000 more people wanting to come to this on top of the Burnley attendance?

Yeovil are a less attractive opposition. Can't see 3,000 more people wanting to come to this on top of the Burnley attendance?

dunno. they might bring more?

then again, we played them a few times recently in the league

on the local news, the feeling was this was a boring tie for them for that reason and they hoped for a bigger name

£20 is bad pricing for this. Yeovil obviously get a say but this is a bit silly IMO. They are shutting parts of the ground, I can't see them getting more than 10K at that price. Why don't they use a bit of common sense, price it better and fill the ground, both teams would be better off.

£20 is bad pricing for this. Yeovil obviously get a say but this is a bit silly IMO. They are shutting parts of the ground, I can't see them getting more than 10K at that price. Why don't they use a bit of common sense, price it better and fill the ground, both teams would be better off.

of course there will be more than 10k there

:lol:

Why would they lower it to less than the Burnley fixture ?

Taking into account the post-Christmas factor for Burnley, weather etc and the fact Yeovil will bring a few more, I expect 18,000-20,000 for this.

Why would they lower it to less than the Burnley fixture ?

Taking into account the post-Christmas factor for Burnley, weather etc and the fact Yeovil will bring a few more, I expect 18,000-20,000 for this.

Because of the crap turnout for the Burnley game, a top end championship side. With the greatest of respect to Yeovil I'm sure Saints v Burnley would get a bigger home crowd.

Between 12 and 15k I would think. Won't be a lot. Poor pricing, was hoping 15 quid with kids for a quid or something. Invest in the future and all that.

poor pricing?

this is the FA Cup not some tin pot trophy ffs

show the FA Cup the respect it deserves ffs

Not much of one. Basically, the home side decides what they want to charge and the away side only gets a say if they complain to the FA, whether that's because they think fans are being ripped off or if they think they won't make enough money out of their share of the gate.

Wouldn't bank on it. IMO the only way we're getting a bigger crowd than for the Burnley game is if Yeovil bring 3,000 (which they might, but no guarantee). Weaker opposition with ST holders not having the convenience of their own seat being reserved initially, why would they pay £20 for that if they couldn't be arsed for the previous round?

We weren't the biggest outside of the top 6 in the last round (ours was only the 14th-highest attendance of the 29 games played at the weekend), no reason to assume we will be this time either.

how do clubs split the match day revenue in the FA CUP?

isn't it 45% of the profits for each club with 10% to the FA?

Yep, net proceeds in the 3rd 4th 5th & 6th rounds. The 10% goes to the FA pool to be shared amongst the league clubs later. If one of the teams is non-league then it is 50:40:10 with the 50 going to the non-league team. Replays are 47.5 : 47.5 : 10 : 5 with the 5 going to the FA.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/pdf/fa-competitions-1314/fa-cup/fa-cup-rules-2013-2014.ashx. Section 22 refers to proceeds. Section 21 ticket allocations.

Here's my take on it - when we come to get to the semi finals and final - who gets first pick of the tickets? We all know the answer season ticket holders - so what is the point of attending this game - it won't get you to Wembley!

Sure if you go to see the mighty Yeovil - you might see a great display - but it could be more like a training game - they are not as good as Burnley!

Even the media do not see this as a potential upset or the cameras would be there - so it's a nailed on home win with bells on. We take our foot off the gas and we will get done - I still remember Wrexham in the 5th or 6th round at The Dell in the 70's. We were tumbling down Div.1 and they were 4th Division! David Smallman scored from memory - how sad is that!

I still remember Wrexham in the 5th or 6th round at The Dell in the 70's. We were tumbling down Div.1 and they were 4th Division! David Smallman scored from memory - how sad is that!

My worst Saints game ever, I even got to see myself on TV highlights at one point looking miserable and soaked in the crowd.

£12 To stand in a shed to watch Basingstoke Town in the Skril Conference South league at the Camrose ground, or £20 to sit in a stand, the majority of which will be out of the rain, with a good view to watch Premier league v Championship in the FA Cup. Its all over priced but by comparison not a massive mickey take, like £40 was it to watch Chelsea from behind the goals.

Eastleigh is £12 too, Bashley out in the Forest playing in the Southern League is £10, Luton Town in the Skril Premier £18.

Tickets on sale from 09:00 tomorrow. If you want to sit in your usual seat then get in quickly. £2 extra if bought on the day.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-saints-vs-yeovil-fa-cup-1280740.aspx

"Tickets for this match will initially go on sale exclusively to Season Ticket Holders at 9am on Friday 10th January, with general sale beginning on Thursday 16th January at 9am.

The following areas of the stadium will be available to purchase for this tie:

Itchen Stand, Blocks 4-12

Chapel Stand, Block 17-19

Kingsland Stand, Blocks 28-36

Northam Stand, Blocks 40-42

Due to certain areas of the Stadium not being offered for sale, Season Ticket Holders seats will not be reserved prior to game going on sale.

Tickets for this tie are priced as follows:

£20.00 for Adults

£15.00 for Concessions (Young Adults aged 17-21 and Seniors aged 65+)

£10.00 for Under-17s

£5.00 for Under-11s

Please note that a surcharge of £2 per ticket will be applied if purchased on the day of the game.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/yeovil-details-confirmed-1280728.aspx#HDMY1Sw9oPAKAJiR.99

http://www.ytfc.net/news/article/20140117-saintstickets-1300362.aspx

Yeovil have now sold out their allocation and looking for more tickets. Have they already sold tickets to Saints fans in blocks 41 and 42?

Could well see a crowd over 20k.

Well if not they're on sale now:

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-saints-vs-yeovil-fa-cup-1280740.aspx

Tickets for this match are available to purchase in the following areas of the stadium:

Itchen Stand, Blocks 4-12

Chapel Stand, Block 17-19

Kingsland Stand, Blocks 28-36

Northam Stand, Blocks 40-42

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-saints-vs-yeovil-fa-cup-1280740.aspx#gxeXjRSzxD5GBjXg.99

Bit of a cockup really seeing as there will be 12k empty seats around the ground, perhaps they should have left block 42 off sale as it looks like Yeovil could have sold that as well.

I am pleased there will be a big away following for this, will give it a good cup atmosphere and should help us get just over 20k i reckon