FA Cup 4th round draw - Sunday 2pm - HOME v YEOVIL TOWN

The Kraken

Pleased with that. No disrespect to Yeovil of course.

Shame most PL teams have good draws too but if you wanna get to Wembley your gonna have to play a PL side at some point.

In fairness none of Man City, Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool are actually through yet. Still time for upsets.

Come on Derby.

If all the teams we'd expect to go went through (Going by league position), this is what the last 16 would look like

Norwich

Man United

Liverpool

Man City

Chelsea

Palace

Everton

Arsenal

Sheffield Wednesday

Hull

Forrest

Brighton

Huddersfield

SAINTS

Sunderland

Cardiff

So,12/16 are Prem teams

4/16 Championship teams

So chances are we'll get a prem team presuming we beat Yeovil.

But as we all know that not how it works in the cup.

Has anyone noticed how favourable the cup has been to us in recent years? Coventry away in 2012 has been our only away cup draw (from the 3rd round onwards) since bristol rovers in the 5th round in 2008 and even in that season we were at home in the 2 previous rounds. I remember when we got to the final in 2003 we had all home ties. I think these stats are right anyway.

Has anyone noticed how favourable the cup has been to us in recent years? Coventry away in 2012 has been our only away cup draw (from the 3rd round onwards) since bristol rovers in the 5th round in 2008 and even in that season we were at home in the 2 previous rounds. I remember when we got to the final in 2003 we had all home ties. I think these stats are right anyway.

I was just thinking about this, maybe if we're quiet the football gods won't notice and keep throwing us home ties.

Whats up with these pundits? Merson called us Sunderland twice when he did our game v Chelsea the other day.

Changing from a traditional red and white strip should be for other clubs, not us, everyone knows only the Saints play in red and white stripes :)

Hopefully the club realise that if they charge £20 a ticket about 10 people will turn up. They need to make tickets about £10 max as no offence to Yeovil it is a zero glamour tie for us, and chances are it will be a lot of fringe players involved.

depends how much Yeovil want the money, they have a say in it as well. Isn't there something like a 15£ minimum for the 4th round.

game over

united out. lost 2-1 at home to swansea. Bony scores winner in 90th min. and not against run of play either

take out rooney and RvP and they are very very average

I really don't know how Fergie managed to get that squad to win the league. Players like Evans, Cleverley, Buttner, Fabio, Wellbeck....utter bog standard average. Wouldn't get on the bench for other clubs in the top 4, let a lone on the pitch.

Can't see Moyes lasting much longer if those results keep happening.

The whole 'transitional' period thing is a load of ********. They were champions last season and have the same players.

If you look at their fixtures they have already played Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle and Spurs at home. That's 4 home games already against the top 6. Or even worse 6 of the top 8 (not including themselves).

It is only going to get worse when they have to start playing away games against the top lot. Already lost to Citeh and Liverpool away. No chance of them getting into the CL this year.

If all the teams we'd expect to go went through (Going by league position), this is what the last 16 would look like

Norwich

Man United

Liverpool

Man City

Chelsea

Palace

Everton

Arsenal

Sheffield Wednesday

Hull

Forrest

Brighton

Huddersfield

SAINTS

Sunderland

Cardiff

So,12/16 are Prem teams

4/16 Championship teams

So chances are we'll get a prem team presuming we beat Yeovil.

But as we all know that not how it works in the cup.

Ok so replace Man U with Swansea already. ;)

There are only a handful of teams I would not want to play.

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Man City

Everton

So still a good chance of missing these and at home on our day, we could and have beaten these at home recently (man City, Liverpool, Chelsea all last season and drew with Everton and arsenal (should have beaten both).

I do not think there should be anyone to fear apart from Man City away.

So with Man Utd and West Ham out, that's another two PL clubs biting the dust. West Ham absolutely humbled by Forest. OK, they apparently fielded a weakened team with half an eye on their League Cup semi-final on Wednesday, but I doubt that they will get much from City over 2 legs.

I know we have moved on a bit but didn't we play Yoevil in a cup match in last few years or so and they brought approx 4000 down. In know they filled the whole end. I think we beat them soundly but sure they brought a good away following. I'll look it up.

I know we have moved on a bit but didn't we play Yoevil in a cup match in last few years or so and they brought approx 4000 down. In know they filled the whole end. I think we beat them soundly but sure they brought a good away following. I'll look it up.

2006 I think. Lallana's professional debut.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/5266330.stm

Won 5-2, Adam Lallana made his debut.

I can't remember them ever bringing more than a couple of thousand tbh...we can't complain at the draw tho as long as we continue to take it more serious than previous cup outings.

Can't see Moyes lasting much longer if those results keep happening.

The whole 'transitional' period thing is a load of ********. They were champions last season and have the same players.

If you look at their fixtures they have already played Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle and Spurs at home. That's 4 home games already against the top 6. Or even worse 6 of the top 8 (not including themselves).

It is only going to get worse when they have to start playing away games against the top lot. Already lost to Citeh and Liverpool away. No chance of them getting into the CL this year.

Unless they win it. ;)

Not really, if we win great, if not I'm not too fussed can concentrate on the league etc.

Thought I explained all this to you yesterday my fishy friend?

Ah deflection, a last resort of the exposed!

For me, the FA Cup lost its way years ago, the PL is by far the most prestigious club competition and the one every club wants to be in.

The FA Cup is a shadow of its former self, and I personally couldn't give two ****s if we beat Burnley or not later today.

:lol:

Explained this all to you yesterday my fishy friend:

I'd be hoping we won (obviously) but wouldn't be overly crestfallen if we didn't (hypothetically) win it. A top 6 finish in the PL is what I want to see us achieve this season, anything else (getting to quarter/semi finals of the FA Cup) I'd consider a bonus.

We won't get anywhere near the final anyway, we'll draw Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City/Spurs etc. at some point and that'll be us out of the competition.:

Edited by BlakeySFC

Good home draw. Pleased with that, and with it being relatively local, Yeovil will bring a good following so could be a cup tie atmosphere to be had as well.

Yeovil crap enough for you?

Another cheap ticket and safe passage to round 5.

Don't worry chaps, I expect Jos & Yoshida, if selected, will make it a close and interesting game.