Danny Ings

simo

We're a top 6 club, top 8 at worst. Ings isn't good enough to be a regular for any top half club. He's barely good enough to make our bench. We can easily sign Austin so we'd have Pelle, Austin, Rodriguez, Mane and Long as options upfront. Where would Ings fit in?

You speak as if you're so certain, really is a laughable statement considering he's only 22. What makes you think we can easily sign Austin?

He's not good enough for our starting 11 so he's deluding himself if he's talking about us.

Weird.

Ings vs Pelle. 9 goals each, Ings 4x assists, Pelle has 2x assists.

One plays in a much worse team with far fewer opportunities.

N.B. I'm not "slating" Pelle before anyone starts as he's done well for us.

I told you all in Jan that he was joining Saints in the summer. Nothing has changed. He will be joining Saints. Done deal.

If so I'd be happy.

Amazed this 'done deal' hasn't leaked and he's still being linked with all and sundry.

How would Ings,Hernandez,Jay Rod,Pelle,Mane and Long do as attacking options?

Have I missed anyone out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told you all in Jan that he was joining Saints in the summer. Nothing has changed. He will be joining Saints. Done deal.

When a poster who posts as rarely as Tom here says something this definite, its probably worth listening.

Weird.

Ings vs Pelle. 9 goals each, Ings 4x assists, Pelle has 2x assists.

One plays in a much worse team with far fewer opportunities.

N.B. I'm not "slating" Pelle before anyone starts as he's done well for us.

Pelle is fuking sh*te and isn't good enough for a top half Prem team. He's only played so much because we didn't sign another striker because we expected Jay back sooner. He's easily the worst player in our starting 11. Our current strike force doesn't meet the quality of the rest of the club and has cost us a CL spot. Ings would be ideal as a squad player but we'll struggle upfront if we sign him as a first choice rather than backup.

Expect him to pitch up at Everton, a deal was nearly done at the start of this season but Burnley couldnt agree a fee. Im fairly confident thats where he will go

Put a bet on then - they aren't even in the betting so 33/1.

I know who Tom is and when I knew him many years ago he wasn't ever itk so I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Interesting. I don't know who you are.

However, you're partially right. I had a brief ITK period when a friend worked at the club who fed me bits and bobs. This Ings thing has come from a girl I 'know' from years ago who fairly recently had 'an encounter' with him where he told her that if she was going to fly over to see him, then she'd need to look up flights to Southampton from next season. So, not concrete, but why else would he say that?

Difficult decision, now that Charlie Austin in in the picture, too. and rumours suggest Ings will go to Liverpool.

Ings was born in the area - if that counts for anything nowadays? - and much younger than Austin, although on current form you'd have to go for Charlie.....

We must trust Les / Ron to make the right choice....

We're a top 6 club, top 8 at worst. Ings isn't good enough to be a regular for any top half club.

He's barely good enough to make our bench. We can easily sign Austin so we'd have Pelle, Austin, Rodriguez, Mane and Long as options upfront.

Where would Ings fit in?

I think the answer to that one has been seen this season.

We have two international strikers, neither of whom is in form, and a third whose been on the treatment table for almost a year.

With the best defence in the country, we're still in 7th place, mainly due to a lack of goalscoring talent...... if it were me I'd buy TWO more strikers and see who fits the bill.

However, you're partially right. I had a brief ITK period when a friend worked at the club who fed me bits and bobs. This Ings thing has come from a girl I 'know' from years ago who fairly recently had 'an encounter' with him where he told her that if she was going to fly over to see him, then she'd need to look up flights to Southampton from next season. So, not concrete, but why else would he say that?

Some people would say anything for a sh@g. I take it "know" and "an encounter" are euphemisms?

So far from definitely happening as you were saying? You heard it third hand and Ings could have been saying it hopefully or before any other clubs come in for him?

...if it were me I'd buy TWO more strikers and see who fits the bill.

Me too. One of say, Ings and Austin, and Hernandez (Chichorito).

Hernandez is a 6 yard box, poacher kind of striker, the other two aren't so much.

He is 22 years old and playing for the team bottom of the league. How many goals were you expecting him to score? Its clear he has a lot of talent and to describe him as an "average basic Championship player" is nonsense.

Dont care. I'll be annoyed if we buy him and not Austin.

Dont care. I'll be annoyed if we buy him and not Austin.

Ings is 22, Austin is 25.

Both had their 1st proper season at Championship level in 2011/12, despite Ings being 3 years younger! When Ings is Austin's age he'll be a very good player.

I'd be happy with either, but to dismiss Ings' talent is wrong to do.

Both had their 1st proper season at Championship level in 2011/12, despite Ings being 3 years younger! When Ings is Austin's age he'll be a very good player.

Fair point. Still buy Austin. We need goals now godammit. :)

Is it too much to ask for both?

Because we're a bigger club then Austin is a player. We signed Osvaldo from Roma when we were a bottom half club ffs

Bigger clubs might be in for Austin as well. Roma couldn't wait to get rid of Osvaldo and were probably having a party when they saw how much Cortese was going to pay for him.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Saint IQ

Danny ings? Big dog 9 goals Danny ****ing ings? Surely saints are better than that, he's such an average basic championship player it hurts have any of you scouts seen him play?

Yeah looks decent, will perform better in a more attacking side but does his defensive dutys well which most will not take notice of in a striker. Only have to look at his goals last year to show that

when given chances he can finish. Also the fee will be v small compared to other young english strikers which just makes the potential signing more appealing in my eyes

I posted much earlier in the season that i had it on very good authority that we were in for INGS and that Liverpool were also interested and he had a decision to make. I wasn't prepared to say at the time who this had come from other than a family member he is very close to. I have heard nothing since that post and have no idea where INGS will be next season but i will now say that the information came directly from INGS sister who lives here in Southampton.

For what it's worth i think he would be a useful addition.

14-1 to join us atm, if you're confident she's telling the truth might be worth a punt.....

I posted much earlier in the season that i had it on very good authority that we were in for INGS and that Liverpool were also interested and he had a decision to make. I wasn't prepared to say at the time who this had come from other than a family member he is very close to. I have heard nothing since that post and have no idea where INGS will be next season but i will now say that the information came directly from INGS sister who lives here in Southampton.

For what it's worth i think he would be a useful addition.

What he said in the press then would lean towards us over Liverpool but I'm sure a lot of other clubs are looking at getting him in.

Two completely different type of strikers.

Surely it would be Benteke with Rhodes or Austin as a squad player

Of course if we got Benteke, Pelle will also be a squad player

Who are two completely different types are striker? None of Austin, Benteke and Rhodes above are, obviously there's differences in all players games but you're trying to scrape together an argument that doesn't exist. They're all big strong target men who would fit well in Pelle's role, Rhode's slightly less so hence him being a squad player. And yes that would make Pelle a squad player, I said he's not good enough for our starting 11 so I think that should be exactly our aim. Ings and Hernandez would both be handy squad players in that they'd give us a different option upfront, like Long does, but wouldn't fit into our starting 11.

Who are two completely different types are striker? None of Austin, Benteke and Rhodes above are, obviously there's differences in all players games but you're trying to scrape together an argument that doesn't exist. They're all big strong target men who would fit well in Pelle's role, Rhode's slightly less so hence him being a squad player. And yes that would make Pelle a squad player, I said he's not good enough for our starting 11 so I think that should be exactly our aim. Ings and Hernandez would both be handy squad players in that they'd give us a different option upfront, like Long does, but wouldn't fit into our starting 11.

So you are saying Rhodes and Austin are big strong target men? hmm have to disagree on that.

So you are saying Rhodes and Austin are big strong target men? hmm have to disagree on that.

They are poachers who need a striker to play with them, especailly Charlie Austin

Jordan Rhodes - 6 foot 1

Charlie Austin - 6 foot 2

Graziano Pelle - 6 foot 4

Edited by Matthew Le God