Match reaction: Saints 4 Burnley 3

Glasgow_Saint

Davis looked very poor again. Doesn't come for crosses and beaten too easily by Ings from tight angle. Shipping goals at the moment. When's Boruc back?

DT

I think you are being rather harsh on KD

He had no chance with the 1st goal

OK 'keepers are often criticised for being beaten at the near post but if you have ever played in goal with a forward steaming towards you from the angle Danny Ings had you assume the ball will be hit across goal and that's what Davis did.

Ings took the goal very well and credit to him

Didn't have a good view of the third but it seemed the finger of blame could be pointed as much towards our defensive frailties as KD's indecision.

Don't forget KD's top drawer (and I really mean top drawer) save from Sam Vokes at 2-2 which possibly saved us the game and he made another good finger tip save at 4-2 but unfortunately the resultant corner led to their third.

Davis is not as good as Boruc but he is a better stand in than Gazza at the moment

Davis looked very poor again. Doesn't come for crosses and beaten too easily by Ings from tight angle. Shipping goals at the moment. When's Boruc back?

Well given he has today posted a pic on Instagram saying he is at a Spa in London, I'm guessing he's not back this week! Shame as I thought he was well on the road to receovery and would be available this weekend.

DT

I think you are being rather harsh on KD

He had no chance with the 1st goal

OK 'keepers are often criticised for being beaten at the near post but if you have ever played in goal with a forward steaming towards you from the angle Danny Ings had you assume the ball will be hit across goal and that's what Davis did.

Ings took the goal very well and credit to him

Didn't have a good view of the third but it seemed the finger of blame could be pointed as much towards our defensive frailties as KD's indecision.

Don't forget KD's top drawer (and I really mean top drawer) save from Sam Vokes at 2-2 which possibly saved us the game and he made another good finger tip save at 4-2 but unfortunately the resultant corner led to their third.

Davis is not as good as Boruc but he is a better stand in than Gazza at the moment

No, don't agree myself. You won't see many Premiership keepers beaten at their near post as often or as easily as our Kelvin and their third actually landed about two yards off the goal line.