FA Cup - Excitement or Disappointment?

Weston Saint

For me the cup was about little clubs playing ,and occasionally beating top clubs. That is only exciting when you are one of the little clubs, not one of the top clubs getting humiliated -- and when the top clubs field players you've actually heard of.

Now that we are the potential fall guys and premier league clubs play their reserves, the cup is a shadow of its former self, at least until the later rounds when even the big clubs start to take it seriously.

I wouldn't even call you a supporter with that attitude. Assume you were nowhere to be seen when were not in your precious Premier league?

Season ticket holder 06/07-07/08 2010/11-present.

Does that answer your question?

And if we get to Wembley would you also not give two ****s if we won or lost?

I'd be hoping we won (obviously) but wouldn't be overly crestfallen if we didn't (hypothetically) win it. A top 6 finish in the PL is what I want to see us achieve this season, anything else (getting to quarter/semi finals of the FA Cup) I'd consider a bonus.

We won't get anywhere near the final anyway, we'll draw Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City/Spurs etc. at some point and that'll be us out of the competition.

We are in the Premier League. You not noticed?

No I didn't realise, are we?! I thought we were still in the Championship….:lol: :facepalm:

Edited by BlakeySFC

I'd rather avoid the top 6 or 7 clubs and get a home draw to anyone else though. Screw glamour, we're in the top flight anyway, I'd like home to Southend or something, with all due respect to them.

I was thinking similar, but would like a decent away day too. Maybe away to the winner of Kiddy/Peterborough.

Just like Wigan last year? :mcinnes:

Can't really explain Wigan winning it last season, they had an easy(ish) run but were excellent at Goodison Park (and in the final against City aswell).

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I just think it's extremely unlikely we'll win any trophy in the next 3-5 years at least, this squad is still building for the future.

Can't really explain Wigan winning it last season, they had an easy(ish) run but were excellent at Goodison Park (and in the final against City aswell).

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I just think it's extremely unlikely we'll win any trophy in the next 3-5 years at least, this squad is still building for the future.

We won't get anywhere near the final anyway

:lol:

Skate-exposing Munster

Top of head idea.... The winners of the FA Cup get awarded an extra 5 points in the league...? Could make the difference between, say, finishing 4th or 5th. Just me thinking out loud...

Would have kept Wigan up and sank Sunderland! Would not have helped Man City though, even if they did win, but they would have won the FA Cup.

How about an extra point for ever team that win a cup game, but this would not be good as it would not be the league and the luck of the draw could see someone like Spurs get Arsenal and go out and us go all the way getting lower league sides. It could also see the gap for the top teams get even bigger at the top, rather than closing the gap.