MoPo to go?

SO16_Saint

Eh? We didn't finish bottom of the league last season, unless I'm missing something?

No but we went from

Bottom to a high of what? 12th and finished a very respectable 14th with a game to spare

This season, we have jumped a sphere. Our bottom is now 10th with a peak of 3rd (not 12th)

I fully appreciate this and personally think we're doing well, and could even push on further come Feb an March....and think most fans will accept this.

But the question was, and is, is this enough for NC?

Yep, agree with that, but given what Cortese has said and done in the past you make a fair point.

No but we went from

Bottom to a high of what? 12th and finished a very respectable 14th with a game to spare

This season, we have jumped a sphere. Our bottom is now 10th with a peak of 3rd (not 12th)

So we did't spend £35m to not finish bottom. We spent it to finish mid table bare minimum.

No but we went from

Yes we have, but as per my post above, I wonder if Cortese will look at the recent run and be asking questions, given his ruthless nature we all laud.

Yes we have, but as per my post above, I wonder if Cortese will look at the recent run and be asking questions, given his ruthless nature we all laud.

Maybe. I guess we all are. But we clearly are better than last season when everyone is f-ing annoyed at sat in 9th place

Just can't see NC doing anything like people fear.

The next 8 games are very favourable. Compared to the last 8 anyway

Big Vic is such huge miss for our style

Of the fixtures you listed, we have done worse than we did last season. I thought that was fairly obvious.

So with that logic of yours, wouldn´t Cortese understad that we in that case cant compete with Chelsea despite what happened last year since they´ve invested over £60m in the summer?

Moron on mongboard in-reads-a-statement-literally shocker.

The point Cortese was making is that if he believes that there is something rotten in the club or something needs to change, he won't be afraid to act pre-emptively. The actual results are neither here or there.

Not too difficult to grasp, is it?

So Adkins was 'rotten' was he?

Maybe. I guess we all are. But we clearly are better than last season when everyone is f-ing annoyed at sat in 9th place

I'm not annoyed, we are where I thought we'd be. The ones who are annoyed are the ones who proclaimed it was 'champions league or nothing'

So with that logic of yours, wouldn´t Cortese understad that we in that case cant compete with Chelsea despite what happened last year since they´ve invested over £60m in the summer?

We beat both Chelsea and Man City last season, I'm sure Cortese will be wondering now we've got rid of the clueless Bumpkin and replaced him with the New Mourinho as well as improved the squad we have done worse than in the corresponding fixtures recently.

It's funny isn't it; how when he was in the team, he (VW) was a bit of a whipping boy for some.

Now he's not in, he's massively missed (which he is).

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Maybe he could intice Jurgen Klopp to take over? - if he were to get read of MP, who would be his replacement? I don't think there is any thought of NC wanting to get rid of MP. We are a young progressive club and I hope we never go into serious debt again and continue to produce young talented players. All we are doing at present is endeavouring to improve those players mid table in the premiership - brilliant season imo.

It's funny isn't it; how when he was in the team, he (VW) was a bit of a whipping boy for some.

Now he's not in, he's massively missed (which he is).

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Usual stuff on here mate, players have their best games when they don't play.

Maybe he could intice Jurgen Klopp to take over? - if he were to get read of MP, who would be his replacement? I don't think there is any thought of NC wanting to get rid of MP. We are a young progressive club and I hope we never go into serious debt again and continue to produce young talented players. All we are doing at present is endeavouring to improve those players mid table in the premiership - brilliant season imo.

I fully agree with that. We are exactly where I predicted we'd be and I'm delighted with that however the OP makes a valid point. Who long will Cortese allow the run to go on for? I'm pretty sure he'd have expected to do better than we have recently.

I fully agree with that. We are exactly where I predicted we'd be and I'm delighted with that however the OP makes a valid point. Who long will Cortese allow the run to go on for? I'm pretty sure he'd have expected to do better than we have recently.

It's a tough one

Be a fool if he ditches his man after the first dodgy patch

We beat both Chelsea and Man City last season, I'm sure Cortese will be wondering now we've got rid of the clueless Bumpkin and replaced him with the New Mourinho as well as improved the squad we have done worse than in the corresponding fixtures recently.

It wasn't Adkins in charge when we beat them last season. I'm sure that the expectation isn't to beat them every season.

It's a tough one

Be a fool if he ditches his man after the first dodgy patch

He was called a fool after Adkins was dismissed last season after overcoming our poor start and turning things around. It would be completely reckless to get rid of MP but if Cortese thinks he's not getting full value for his significant investment then we know he'll change things. £60M spent over 2 years on players, I think we know our CEO has loftier ambitions than 9th place and being humbled at home by the elite. Can't see it happening but then couldn't see the Adkins departure either.

First things first, I DO NOT want MoPo to go, but I recall NC saying that he won't wait until we lose x games in a row before making a change.

Were currently 3-0 down to Chelsea at home, and IMO playing fairly well, and would beat other teams on this showing, but is it enough I quench NC'a thirst for progression?

I sincerely hope a snap decision isn't made and he stays.

Thoughts?

Cortese isn't a fool. If you and I can see that we are a good side but were beaten by a better squad then I'm quite sure Cortese sees it. Which begs the question why you made this post.

Give him til the end of the season, we've had a tough run of games recently even without all the injuries and suspensions. Maybe need one or two new faces to freshen things up and give us more of an attacking threat in this window.
So at the end of the season, what would be a sacking position and what would not?

adkins was in charge for some of the games olallana listed. Chelsea away for example.

Yea I know, but the barrometer of our improvement (or lack of if you think that way) isn't based on comparing corresponding fixtures from the season before. You've been an advocate in the past of the table telling the only story which needs to be told. We are 9th, higher than we were at any stage last season.

He was called a fool after Adkins was dismissed last season after overcoming our poor start and turning things around. It would be completely reckless to get rid of MP but if Cortese thinks he's not getting full value for his significant investment then we know he'll change things. £60M spent over 2 years on players, I think we know our CEO has loftier ambitions than 9th place and being humbled at home by the elite. Can't see it happening but then couldn't see the Adkins departure either.

It wasn't. He noticed that Adkins was not that good. As being demonstrated up the road

As for not seeing Adkins departure. Really?? Looked like a matter of when, not if the moment we got promoted

Just don't get that feeling here

Edited by Batman

MP is in no danger of being sacked.

If he was then Cortese would have already started briefing his chums in the press about his plans, it would be all over the Mail and The Daily Mirror just like it was this time last year.

Of course, the poor saps on here wrote it off as speculation make up by lazy lying scumbag journalists.

When it starts appearing in the papers, we'll know.

If he was then Cortese would have already started briefing his chums in the press about his plans, it would be all over the Mail and The Daily Mirror just like it was this time last year.

Of course, the poor saps on here wrote it off as speculation make up by lazy lying scumbag journalists.

Even on the day it happened!!

It wasn't. He noticed that Adkins was not that good. As being demonstrated up the road

I think its more to do with the fact that Adkins was doing ok but MP could do better. If he has that same feeling about an alternative manager then we may see the same thing, especially if our form does not pick up in January and February against the lesser sides. I don't think it'll happen myself but I wouldn't rule it out. Personally I'd prefer any manager to be given the full season unless a change is absolutely necessary, but that's just me.

The weird and wonderful logic of the mboard.

Nothing to date has appeared in the press FACT but in case it does...

Ergo MP must be vulnerable :lol:

Keep us posted. Waiting with bated breath.

Did I say adkins was rotten? :lol:

Rot = some structural problem that no uptick in form is likely to change or remedy. HTH

Do you knew this ? Means its a question? I asked you if Adkins was rotten, because you stated if something in the club was rotten he'd change it. Oh dear sunshine, your little glasses must be steaming up tonight bless you. :lol:

Oh yeah, Cortese's fabled mastery of the press. Forgot about that.

Do you knew this ? Means its a question? I asked you if Adkins was rotten, because you stated if something in the club was rotten he'd change it. Oh dear sunshine, your little glasses must be steaming up tonight bless you. :lol:

Cortese decided to change things despite an improvement in form, suggesting he saw structural problems/issues that he didn't feel could be resolved under Adkins (relative to where Cortese wanted to take the club).

No Adkins is not rotten :lol:

I'll leave you to reflect on what are quite simple statements.

Take your time pal.

All the bad form has shown is we lack depth to finish top 8, are great start shows he is a good manager and we have a good set of players in our starting 11.

Last years aim stay up we did that, this years aim midtable and give youngsters a chance to develop and progress for next season with a attacking attractive style of play, this is being done.

My only concern with MoPo is not signing or playing with any natural wingers bar Lallana,we are seriously only 3 good players away from top 6, sign a promising CB and Experienced LB to help Shaw and with a quality young pacey winger and we are there.

Total cost would be around 20-23 million and this is better spent in the summer, however i would like us to sign one or two of these players in Jan to secure our top 10 finish for this season, so next year we can push for top 6 and settle for top 8.

Players like Fox Jos need to go and Gazza needs a loan spell in league one or championship.

The weird and wonderful logic of the mboard.

Nothing to date has appeared in the press FACT but in case it does...

Ergo MP must be vulnerable :lol:

Keep us posted. Waiting with bated breath.

What are you on about, Strawlock?

Did you miss the first line of my post?

I'll type it again for you.

I'll leave you to reflect on what is a simple statement.

Take your time pal.

Edited by CB Fry

I'm fairly certain the Chairman won't lose any sleep over the comments on a forum.

The point of the thread was to open discussion.

Again, I'm not saying he should go, or that I think he will, even, more a question as to whether it COULD happen based on our relatively poor recent form....regardless of opponents.

Ignore the abuse, there are some on here who like to shout "troll" whenever they read something they don't like. It's a fair question you've asked in the OP.

For what it's worth, no I don't think NC will sack MP, MP will be here at the end of the season at the very least. He seems very much NC's man and fully tied in to his way of working and the "project". However, I've got a feeling NC won't be happy at the moment and will certainly be putting pressure on MP to step up a bit, I don't think NC changed managers and spent £30m+ to move up a couple of mid table positions.

Hopefully though, this recent run, might bring NC's expectations back down to earth a bit and realise how much it really does take to break into either of the top 4 or 6 in this country.

Before Christmas the question was will we get MP on an extended contract to prevent him from going to Spurs, yet the discussion has now moved to this !

Thats football. Mopo to Spurs was always madness

Mopo's win % at Saints is now lower than 30% similar % to his spell at Espanyol. Managers who average

This thread is completely ludacris, almost as if you are fishing for a nibble. Well, you have got one.

If he goes, it would be more ridiculous than good old malky mackay!

Young manager, great philosophy, looks like a great squad atmosphere.. can't believe i have even replied to this.