Are we one of the hardest teams to beat in the league?

Tomobz

I think that a great measure of our improvement this year has been how difficult it has been for teams to get the 3 points from us. We have only been beaten by more than 1 goal twice this season and both times they were against teams in the top 4. We haven't been beaten by more than 1 goal at home and we haven't been beaten by more than 2 goals at all. I can't remember any game where I felt we were completely out of it and in every game I felt like we had a chance of getting something as the game reached the closing stages.

If we manage to keep the core of this team together and strengthen a couple of areas in January then the second half of the season could be a lot of fun and I think we could genuinely push for that desired top 6 spot. With all of the title contenders except City still having to play us at St Mary's, I think we will have a small say in who will win the league this year.

All in all, I am feeling pretty smug about being a saint at the moment! :D

re HEADLINE

...on today's showing - I don't think so.

Apparently not.

Although with a full and injury free first team the situation is different. As we are currently 9th, did we seriously expect better back in August ?

I didn't, quite a few did and I for loads of abuse for pointing out they were wrong.

Apparently not.

Although with a full and injury free first team the situation is different. As we are currently 9th, did we seriously expect better back in August ?

Err - plenty did. People on here were talking of Champions League with top six being realistic. And what fun we had saying we were in the title race.

I remember plenty of people having a pop at Swansea and WBA for "not going for it" last season for 9/10th, and how we wouldn't settle for that.

Err - plenty did. People on here were talking of Champions League with top six being realistic. And what fun we had saying we were in the title race.

I remember plenty of people having a pop at Swansea and WBA for "not going for it" last season for 9/10th, and how we wouldn't settle for that.

'Champions league or nothing'

Talk of Swansea dull and hollow season for 9th place finish and league cup win

As well as of course the constant insistence that this was the season we take our rightful and inevitable place in the top 6 before pushing on to greater things next

Those have been my highlights over the past few months. Not to mention the vitriol aimed at anyone who suggested that this wouldn't happen.

'Champions league or nothing'

Talk of Swansea dull and hollow season for 9th place finish and league cup win

As well as of course the constant insistence that this was the season we take our rightful and inevitable place in the top 6 before pushing on to greater things next

Those have been my highlights over the past few months. Not to mention the vitriol aimed at anyone who suggested that this wouldn't happen.

Someone will be along in a minute to say me and you are making this all up to create a devils advocate position to argue against things that noone has ever said.

No one ever said "Champions League or nothing".

No one ever said WBA and Swansea didn't go for it last season and we would be better than that this.

No one started a thread about us being in the title race.

No one ever called the League Cup small fry.

No one said "there is no reason we can't finish 6th this season"

No one ever said any of it. All made up by me, apparently.

Apparently everyone all along said ninth would be great as we are a humble little team only on our second season back in the Prem.

So that's okay then.

Do any of your posts actually have a point to them.. or do you just relish being negative all the time... take up supporting Pompey... then you may have a point