Everton 2 Saints 1 reaction

Glasgow_Saint

I thought it was one of those that you're ****ed off if they're given against you but are convinced its a stonewall for you. MOTD didn't dwell on it, so maybe neutrals would be 50/50.

Interesting piece from Poll in the Mail online today. He claims refs have realised they get more stick for giving something that's wrong, than they do if they miss something, however obvious. He thinks they maybe turning a blind eye as a result. Evidently Baldy Webb has yet to give a peno or red card all season.

I thought it was one of those that you're ****ed off if they're given against you but are convinced its a stonewall for you. MOTD didn't dwell on it, so maybe neutrals would be 50/50.

Interesting piece from Poll in the Mail online today. He claims refs have realised they get more stick for giving something that's wrong, than they do if they miss something, however obvious. He thinks they maybe turning a blind eye as a result. Evidently Baldy Webb has yet to give a peno or red card all season.

Not at all, it was similar to the one we had given against us at Newcastle last season. Maybe people the don't have a clue think its not one if it goes against you but that was and so was yesterday's.

The one at Newcastle was, in my opinion very harsh...but I accepted it.:rolleyes:

Particularly as hands away from body and not protecting his face.

The MOTD commentators stated a penalty for the same reasons...although stating harsh...some given and some not..

Yesterday....clear penalty and no one gives a shiiiite....if it had been Arsenal , Chelsea , Manutd/City etc ...hell to play......

But then again..Clattenberg , Webb etc would have given it against us....

I am going to write to my MP..;)

Told the Missus how angry I was......All she could say was...Explain that off-side rule to me one more time......:p

and can you exchange that bloooooody Saints jumper you gave me for xmas.:uhoh:

Soooooo angry:(

PS..The jumper I gave her..was a nice GKs..with the number one thereon.....ungrateful soddd:mcinnes:

Edited by ottery st mary

...:p

and can you exchange that bloooooody Saints jumper you gave me for xmas.:uhoh:

Soooooo angry:(

PS..The jumper I gave her..was a nice GKs..with the number one thereon.....ungrateful soddd:mcinnes:

Well what can you expect, now if you'd have got her a jumper with number 31 on it she'd have known it was the real deal.

Women do not like to be associated with second (or is it 3rd or 4th) best. Probably reminds her that she could have married a NASA scientist or a prominent artist if she'd played her cards right :uhoh::uhoh:

Well what can you expect, now if you'd have got her a jumper with number 31 on it she'd have known it was the real deal.

Women do not like to be associated with second (or is it 3rd or 4th) best. Probably reminds her that she could have married a NASA scientist or a prominent artist if she'd played her cards right :uhoh::uhoh:

I would swap her for your crayons:D

I would have even more fun:p

Just to get back on track and we don'T get told off by the mods:rolleyes:

Could you explain re Arabella:)

Is he a French striker who could play up front for the mighty Saints

or even in goals until Artur the great returns:?

Ottery, I'd expect a man of your region to have greater knowledge of such things. Arabella is the wife Jude the Obscure trades at a local fair.

After his Everton comments it seems Mauricio is in denial about our true abilities and level. It is becoming a regular theme of his now that we were much better than the scoreline suggests and unlucky to lose due to bad refereeing. When manager resort to this kind of hyperbole it is usually a tell-tale sign that they are beginning to feel the pressure on their necks.

I like the guy. He doesn't need to start making these run of the mill excuses. If he will only accept our limitations and the fact that we are heading for a mid-table finish, that we'll win some, draw some and lose some in roughly equal proportions along the way - which is what mid-table teams do - he and we will have a much better relationship as I for one do not want to see him become a whinger like half of the other managers in the PL.

A top four finish even if an exciting possibility at the start of the season, is now a long forgotten memory for most; if Cortese still has such ambitions for this year than Mauricio needs to man up and tell him square "It ain't gonna happen with this squad". Honesty may cost him his job but who really wins if he fudges reality in a futile attempt to stave off criticism of his own performance.

After his Everton comments it seems Mauricio is in denial about our true abilities and level. It is becoming a regular theme of his now that we were much better than the scoreline suggests and unlucky to lose due to bad refereeing. When manager resort to this kind of hyperbole it is usually a tell-tale sign that they are beginning to feel the pressure on their necks.

I like the guy. He doesn't need to start making these run of the mill excuses. If he will only accept our limitations and the fact that we are heading for a mid-table finish, that we'll win some, draw some and lose some in roughly equal proportions along the way - which is what mid-table teams do - he and we will have a much better relationship as I for one do not want to see him become a whinger like half of the other managers in the PL.

A top four finish even if an exciting possibility at the start of the season, is now a long forgotten memory for most; if Cortese still has such ambitions for this year than Mauricio needs to man up and tell him square "It ain't gonna happen with this squad". Honesty may cost him his job but who really wins if he fudges reality in a futile attempt to stave off criticism of his own performance.

We were much better than the scoreline suggests, unfortunately our weakest elements weren't. The results of a team always come down to the level of it's weakest elements, it's as regular as gravity.

We are still on the up. Looks like we will finish around 8th to 10th this season. We know that the squad is not strong enough to go any higher, and we have a group of young players that can only get better with more to come. Sensible strengthening in the summer and we can push on next season. There is an ethos about the club that is superb and we only need to compare where we were three seasons ago. Enjoy the ride.

IMO we lost the game because Steven Davis yet again strolled back, allowed Osman to run past him, didn't bother tracking him, JWP saw the danger too late, Osman took the pass and put in Lukaku. Davis did the same thing against Spurs for the second goal. He might be a decent passer and link man but he is an open door as far as closing down is concerned. Once Cork was off Davis and JWP had to close off the runners especially after we equalised. It only took three minutes to open us up. Ramirez for Davis against Chelsea for me with Cork and Schneiderlin holding the middle. Ramirez would give us far more up front than Davis as he now appears to be finding some form.

IMO we lost the game because Steven Davis yet again strolled back, allowed Osman to run past him, didn't bother tracking him, JWP saw the danger too late, Osman took the pass and put in Lukaku. Davis did the same thing against Spurs for the second goal. He might be a decent passer and link man but he is an open door as far as closing down is concerned. Once Cork was off Davis and JWP had to close off the runners especially after we equalised. It only took three minutes to open us up. Ramirez for Davis against Chelsea for me with Cork and Schneiderlin holding the middle. Ramirez would give us far more up front than Davis as he now appears to be finding some form.

neither Davis nor Ward Prowse are suited to the DM role so when Cork went off we had absolutely nobody to do it. Now me, I'd have put Yoshida on and moved Lovren forward a notch but then that's just my opinion.

PEDANT ALERT

Osman wasn't even on the pitch, having been subbed 2 minutes earlier.

neither Davis nor Ward Prowse are suited to the DM role so when Cork went off we had absolutely nobody to do it. Now me, I'd have put Yoshida on and moved Lovren forward a notch but then that's just my opinion.

Not a bad shout, either in front of CBs would have probably shut that run off.

Yes I think you are right today you need twenty or so top class players which unfortunately we do not have it is a shame that money spent on some of the more expensive signings has not paid off and that we got to the PL too quickly and have players like Hooieveld Fox Lee Barnard Sharp still on the books and maybe Forte

Anyway, back to the football. Seeing that gif makes you realise why lallana was going on at the ref and the gestures he made. Now, I can understand guys protecting their undercarriage (apparently pain is involved) and even their face, but the hand is up, close to the head on what I reckon the player thought was his blind side from the ref, with the hand fully open and nowhere near protecting his face.

I hope the ref is embarassed when he sees the video, and I hope the refs' assessor has seen it too..

Anyway, back to the football. Seeing that gif makes you realise why lallana was going on at the ref and the gestures he made. Now, I can understand guys protecting their undercarriage (apparently pain is involved) and even their face, but the hand is up, close to the head on what I reckon the player thought was his blind side from the ref, with the hand fully open and nowhere near protecting his face.

I hope the ref is embarassed when he sees the video, and I hope the refs' assessor has seen it too..

clattenburg wont give a toss,and we will never know what the assessor thinks.

that **** clattenburg will do the same next week and the week after,he is such a poor ref,he made many other poor decisions yesterday,for both sides,but it did seem that most went against saints.to have booked cork and to let barkley and osviedo off their challenges,also distin for his hands on lallana,unreal but that's clattenburg

also if you saw Chelsea yesterday,webb was just as bad,and he's meant to be the best we've got.

we will all just have to get on with it

I doubt Clattenberg would have seen the deliberate movement of the arm towards the ball, hence the benefit of the doubt to the defender.

We did not lose becoz of that incident.. we do not create enough in the final third to win games against the top six sides

I doubt Clattenberg would have seen the deliberate movement of the arm towards the ball, hence the benefit of the doubt to the defender.

We did not lose becoz of that incident.. we do not create enough in the final third to win games against the top six sides

But we beat Liverpool away???? And a point at OT

Derry - having watched the full game twice on TV, live and in replay I would hold JWP primarily responsible for both goals with Luke sharing a little of the blame for the first. While Davis' role was more difficult once Cork was replaced he tracked back several times including a block on Lukaku where he covered for both JWP and Luke. I feel JWP should be making way for Morgan, not SD.

Tbh I don't always agree with your opinions but I think you hit the nail on the head with this post. However I think and hope that he says one thing to the press and another in the changing room. It annoys me none the less.

But we beat Liverpool away???? And a point at OT

and if you remember Liverpool had a cast iron penalty shout turned down I think. Now we'd say, nah silly sod fell over our lads feet (think it was José or Shaw) but really when you look at it in slow motion Sturridge was brought down in the box for sure.

Swarbrick didn't give it and he should have. We gained at least 2 points from that and we lost one on Sunday.

Derry - having watched the full game twice on TV, live and in replay I would hold JWP primarily responsible for both goals with Luke sharing a little of the blame for the first. While Davis' role was more difficult once Cork was replaced he tracked back several times including a block on Lukaku where he covered for both JWP and Luke. I feel JWP should be making way for Morgan, not SD.

So if Lallana played at DM and had a poor game would you be saying the same thing

Sorry, I meant "Casterbridge"... :-)

I am saving GKs number one ...unwanted xmas present....for Ben Foster when he turns up:)

If he fails to make the move......you will be second choice...or is that third choice.:?

But you will also be sub GK:D

Arabella or is it Arabelle.....and Jude now play for Chelsea ladies......very posh ladies.:rolleyes:

PS Bring back Sue Buckett in Goals from Saints ladies in the 70s...and Sue Lopez up front;)

I am saving GKs number one ...unwanted xmas present....for Ben Foster when he turns up:)

If he fails to make the move......you will be second choice...or is that third choice.:?

But you will also be sub GK:D

Arabella or is it Arabelle.....and Jude now play for Chelsea ladies......very posh ladies.:rolleyes:

typical Chelsea, having a bloke in their ladies team, anything is fair for them to gain an advantage.

typical Chelsea, having a bloke in their ladies team, anything is fair for them to gain an advantage.

Now you know why Chelsea ladies are doing so well of late:)

AND how I left school at a very early age with no certificates:p

Sue mentioned Casterbridge?:? Is it in the New Forest:mcinnes:

Saints to beat Chelsea 3-2......just so we don@t get told off:)

Now you know why Chelsea ladies are doing so well of late:)

AND how I left school at a very early age with no certificates:p

Sue mentioned Casterbridge?:? Is it in the New Forest:mcinnes:

Saints to beat Chelsea 3-2......just so we don@t get told off:)

Casterbridge Utd would be Dorchester Utd (who may or may be playing Saints in the FA Cup at some this next century) if Thomas Hardy wrote football related stories. And MLT came from one of the Lyonesse Islands.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Casterbridge Utd would be Dorchester Utd (who may or may be playing Saints in the FA Cup at some this next century) if Thomas Hardy wrote football related stories. And MLT came from one of the Lyonesse Islands.

Did you go to school with this Hardy chap?:rolleyes:

Thought I heard you had trials with him... at Saints back in the day.....:p

We had a talented lad round here called Coleridge.....a friend of Wordsworth:)

Maybe they went to school or played footer with you as well...:D Probably Rugger sorts...;)

Saints definitely to beat Chelski 3-2......COYS

Did you go to school with this Hardy chap?:rolleyes:

I did not, lived in the same village for a while though, I mean at different times of course and you had to be a bit au fait to explain stuff quickly to the grockels so that they'd pisces off out of our local pub. If you sent them off to Bull Barrow or Edgdon Heath (anywhere you liked doesn't actually exist per se) they'd leave you in peace for a while. Incredible was the number of Yank researchers and students that came to Sturminster Newton.