Everton 2 Saints 1 reaction

Glasgow_Saint

I think Sneiderlein & Wanyama would have stabilized our midfield and prevented their second goal . We've conceded a lot of goals since players like them have been missing.

they would have prevented the first goal as well, Coleman just walked round JWP, Shaw was nowhere and he had all the time in the world to crack it into the far top corner, you need to deny players that time and space because with these wobbly balls if they've the time to hit it correctly you'll be picking it out of the net come what may. Gaston's goal was the same, too much time, too much space and Wham Bam thank you Ma'am.

Anyone think Jason Puncheon would make a better impact sub. He did ok last season running at defenders.

He was superb yesterday. I watched the full 90 earlier and he was the star man for sure.

Mate of mine supports man city and cannot believe weve loaned him out. Best player he's seen at the etihad for ages

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?48297-Jason-Puncheon#.UsB8Z38gGK0

He was superb yesterday. I watched the full 90 earlier and he was the star man for sure.

Mate of mine supports man city and cannot believe weve loaned him out. Best player he's seen at the etihad for ages

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?48297-Jason-Puncheon#.UsB8Z38gGK0

Some Palace mates say he is good when he wants to be which isn't very often - sound familiar?

Jordan Sibley ‏@jordansibley 13s

Frustrating result today. Clattenburg said in the tunnel post match he had seen the handball, but didn't believe it was deliberate #grrr

He moved his arm towards the ball?

It's more worrying that he saw it and still didn't give it. If referees can make such horrific calls having actually seen the incident clearly then we have a real problem on our hands.

Frustrating result today. Clattenburg said in the tunnel post match he had seen the handball, but didn't believe it was deliberate #grrr

Utter twunt!

Hand ball at the end is no debate, AL tries to bend it past him and the defender raises his hand to the ball and intercepts it. Stonewall penalty all-day.

Clattenberg is building up some serious history with us and someone needs to have a word and get him banned from our games for the next 6 years.

Cheated today; we competed well with Everton and the absence of MS proved decisive, we should have had a draw with the penalty, and with MS playing we might have got more than that.

Right decision to withdraw Cork who was pushing for a red card but we should have reshuffled somebody into the holding role though, soft second goal.

KD looked good - he'll need to be good again on Wednesday.

Utter twunt!

Clattenberg is building up some serious history with us and someone needs to have a word and get him banned from our games for the next 6 years.

I agree completely. How can he be allowed not to officiate at Everton for 6 years just because they do not like him? Why cannot we say that we do not want him to officiate at our games becausewe do not like him?

Utter twunt!

Hand ball at the end is no debate, AL tries to bend it past him and the defender raises his hand to the ball and intercepts it. Stonewall penalty all-day.

Cheated today; we competed well with Everton and the absence of MS proved decisive, we should have had a draw with the penalty, and with MS playing we might have got more than that.

Right decision to withdraw Cork who was pushing for a red card but we should have reshuffled somebody into the holding role though, soft second goal.

KD looked good - he'll need to be good again on Wednesday.

Yes, he is, But he is also trying to balance our history of cock ups with Evertons' as well. From one of their boards:

http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/everton-forum/9999-mark-clattenburg.html

Not exactly salt of the earth with The Toffees either. Perhaps he just needs to drop a few divisions in order to get out of the firing line of making the big decisions.

Exactly.

Last season : Fulham home he disallows Saints a 2nd goal when 1-0 up, Sky/BBC both said there was no pushing and "could not understand why it had been disallowed" --- Norwich home 1-0 up in the 45th min gives them a free kick on the edge of the box for a Snodgrass dive from which they score. --- Norwich away gives 94 min pen when holt fell over in the box, thanks to AB it stays 0-0. Saints players confront clattenburg at final whistle results in £20,000 fine. This season he gives arsenal a pen when Fonte was pulling a shirt, however viewing the incident on Saints player it shows Jos having his shirt being pulled by an arsenal player in exactly the same way. Clattenburg only sees the Fonte pull.

I was at all the games apart from today & he is inept. That in itself is a problem, but he seams to really enjoy giving them against us!

Just got back. Thought we battled well and probably deserved a draw in the end. Reckon JWP could have done a bit more to prevent their first and the second goal looked a bit soft. The frustrating thing about a lot of our play is that we don't test the goalkeeper enough for all of the possession we tend to have. Hope MP starts to use Ramirez a bit more as he was more than useful today.

Enjoyed the game today, looked very good in patches, Jack Cork was very good and pleased he's receiving his plaudits. Everton scored 2 good goals but nothing other than that. Get the Chelski game out the way then we have a good opportunity to make a push with the upcoming fixtures. It's been a good season so far, we have a good chance to make it very good. COYS...

Just back, one of my fav away days. Proper football club and nice old fashioned ground.

Game could have gone either way, but we didn't quite do enough to deserve it. Spoke to a few of them on way back to car and they were very compliamentry. JWP poor today and Rickie got no change from Skate. Good to have kelvin back.

Should have got a point really. Now onto our support. Spastics. That Steven/Kelvin Davis song is w*nk and singing songs such as "you are very boring" to their family stand. Added to the fact there were a group of tits in reindeer onesies. I despair. We weren't anything like this in League One and the Championship, I wonder where these people have come from.

After 2 years of away games in the Prem now, Everton definitely have the worst home support of the lot. Absolutely awful, genuinely can only remember hearing them once or twice during the whole game. Presumably they'd say "we're only playing Southampton" but then so are every other team we play so that's no excuse. Even Arsenal/United/Chelsea etc make a bit of noise compared to these lot.

Edited by Griffo

Should have got a point really. Now onto our support. Spastics. That Steven/Kelvin Davis song is w*nk and singing songs such as "you are very boring" to their family stand. Added to the fact there were a group of tits in reindeer onesies. I despair. We weren't anything like this in League One and the Championship, I wonder where these people have come from.

After 2 years of away games in the Prem now, Everton definitely have the worst home support of the lot. Absolutely awful, genuinely can only remember hearing them once or twice during the whole game. Presumably they'd say "we're only playing Southampton" but then so are every other team we play so that's no excuse. Even Arsenal/United/Chelsea etc make a bit of noise compared to these lot.

Did they do the hand movements too? :mcinnes:

Yes. I've heard it sung by small groups at Barnsley, Sunderland and at a couple of league aways too but today it caught on properly. I hope we sell the both of them just to sack this sh*t song off.

Oh dear. As for our fans not being like it in the championship, have you forgotten about the clown suits at 'boro and the road cone helmets At he home game v Coventry? Plus the bell ends in the Northam who wears a reindeer antler hat every Christmas and the bloke who wears the tinsel wig. They have always been there, the undercurrent of mongness. The English disease.

Oh dear. As for our fans not being like it in the championship, have you forgotten about the clown suits at 'boro and the road cone helmets At he home game v Coventry? Plus the bell ends in the Northam who wears a reindeer antler hat every Christmas and the bloke who wears the tinsel wig. They have always been there, the undercurrent of mongness. The English disease.

It's inexcusable but at least Coventry and Middlesbrough were big occasions. We wouldn't have anyone (in the main) like that in our away ends for the normal games like Everton was today. Seems like now we're in the Prem we attract more of these people. I don't understand how anyone can possibly contemplate leaving their house in a reindeer onesie as well as copying what is probably the worst football song I have ever heard. Beggars belief. I'm going to sit in the corner rocking up and down until I've calmed down.

It's inexcusable but at least Coventry and Middlesbrough were big occasions. We wouldn't have anyone (in the main) like that in our away ends for the normal games like Everton was today. Seems like now we're in the Prem we attract more of these people. I don't understand how anyone can possibly contemplate leaving their house in a reindeer onesie as well as copying what is probably the worst football song I have ever heard. Beggars belief. I'm going to sit in the corner rocking up and down until I've calmed down.

You'd have also seen the mongs in red morph suits at Blackpool if you hadn't been so smashed by lunch time you had to go to bed and miss the game.

I remember hearing Man city fans sing it last season at SMS and thinking 'WTF is that?' Thou and behold at Barnsley away a small group of lemons are singing it about Steven/kelvin Davis, it's sad that I'm not surprised by this.

As for the reindeer onezies, it's people having fun, they're mad! They're crazy! I expect the selfies are already on fAcebook and they'll talk about the day for years. They know how to have fun! Attention seeking divs every one of them.

I remember hearing Man city fans sing it last season at SMS and thinking 'WTF is that?' Thou and behold at Barnsley away a small group of lemons are singing it about Steven/kelvin Davis, it's sad that I'm not surprised by this.

As for the reindeer onezies, it's people having fun, they're mad! They're crazy! They know how to have fun! Attention seeking divs every one of them.

I'm glad I was nicely intoxicated enough at Barnsley to not remember it happening. Only know because you mentioned it. You should be glad you didn't make it today, these nobs ruined the whole day for me. Anyone caught singing this song in future should be given an automatic football ban for life as well as a well earned place on the sex offenders register because let's be honest, leaving the house in a onesie or singing the song mentioned is the behaviour of either a current sex case or a future offender.

Edited by Griffo

Why do the mods let these two goons griffo and the turkey post such tripe on the match thread unopposed

It is the match reaction thread not a thread to be jealous of others enjoying themselves...

Look at you, you're like a Spanish playing waving an imagination yellow card at a referee. Its pathetic. It was about 6 posts on thread of nearly 200 and had come to natural conclusion yet the poor little souls like you and super duper Mikey that can't help but but be all delicate and precious. Feeling the need to moan about 3% of the posts on a thread ruining it for you and now dragging it on even further because you stamping your feet and got your bottom lip out that you saw something you didn't want to read. It was 5 posts on a 200 post thread, it was easy to avoid and not read. Yet you couldn't help but whinge and moan and wave your imaginary card at the mods demanding action. How old are you pal?

Why do the mods let these two goons griffo and the turkey post such tripe on the match thread unopposed

It is the match reaction thread not a thread to be jealous of others enjoying themselves...

Ironic how some get so upset at people spoiling their perceived image of what a football fan should be when they seem to want to be the 'cool' caricature which could be equally mocked.

Having said that I used to feel exactly the same but am older now and have a more live and let live approach rather making my life a little colder.

Telling the use of mong and spastic in posts. Can't get respect from being educated and successful but seek in in Stone Island clobber and frowning on the happy people who don't give a sh1t. Who is sadder?

Look at you, you're like a Spanish playing waving an imagination yellow card at a referee. Its pathetic. It was about 6 posts on thread of nearly 200 and had come to natural conclusion yet the poor little souls like you and super duper Mikey that can't help but but be all delicate and precious. Feeling the need to moan about 3% of the posts on a thread ruining it for you and now dragging it on even further because you stamping your feet and got your bottom lip out that you saw something you didn't want to read. It was 5 posts on a 200 post thread, it was easy to avoid and not read. Yet you couldn't help but whinge and moan and wave your imaginary card at the mods demanding action. How old are you pal?

You behave like you do and ask me how old I am...pmsl...

You'd have also seen the mongs in red morph suits at Blackpool if you hadn't been so smashed by lunch time you had to go to bed and miss the game.

As for the reindeer onezies, it's people having fun, they're mad! They're crazy! I expect the selfies are already on fAcebook and they'll talk about the day for years. They know how to have fun! Attention seeking divs every one of them.

More Irony!!

Yes. I've heard it sung by small groups at Barnsley, Sunderland and at a couple of league aways too but today it caught on properly. I hope we sell the both of them just to sack this sh*t song off.

Our banter is ****e with other fans and has been for years, too many Tarquin's with we pay your benefit's songs and that ****ing Steven Davis and Kelvin Davis song is embarrassing, and how many of our fans wear ****ing superdry jackets? **** me is it 2009?

Edited by Barry Sanchez

Our banter is ****e with other fans and has been for years, too many Tarquin's with we pay your benefit's songs and that ****ing Steven Davis and Kelvin Davis song is embarrassing, and how many of our fans wear ****ing superdry jackets? **** me is it 2009?
was it 2009 some were singing the Pompey on a string song. I have not heard the Davis song but im sure the ones singing it thought it was great

So when did handball stop being handball? Deliberate was always meant to be a straight red with anything else just being a free-kick. F*ck sake.

was it 2009 some were singing the Pompey on a string song. I have not heard the Davis song but im sure the ones singing it thought it was great

My personal favourites include

"Look like a wotsit" genius.

"Small town in villa" to Birmingham fans

"Liverpool" to Man United fans.

So when did handball stop being handball? Deliberate was always meant to be a straight red with anything else just being a free-kick. F*ck sake.

Exactly. The rules are pretty clear on this. If the ball strikes hand and its an unnatural movement its a penalty. His hands were raised, not down by his sides, if they'd been down by his sides it's no pen, but they were raised and outstreached, it was a clear penalty.

Glad I wasn't there yesterday or that Davis chant would have made me vomit all over the back of some bloke's Superdry jacket his Nan got him for Xmas from the new store in West Quay.

Says the cool cat on the msg board. So Hollywood would never wear anything his nan bought him.