Everton V Saints Match Thread

St Chalet

Even half, we are starting to create a bit and get at them after starting slowly. Seamus Coleman's goal was of the highest quality and deserved to put Everton ahead but they have offered nothing clear since. JWP and Shaw have been disappointing.

Looking forward to the second half.

After half a season and just when he's been starting to look like he's getting some form. Yup genius idea.

Also i don't understand why people haven't mentioned this before but i'm sure he got a ban for the scuffle at Newcastle.

Really? One goal counts as hitting some form? He's been awful and generally comes across as a huge *****

Really? One goal counts as hitting some form? He's been awful and generally comes across as a huge *****

If you are going to accuse him of being awful at least get your facts right. He scored 2 in 2.

He hasn't been awful, that goal against Man City was a strike that nobody else in the squad is capable of.

Fantastic football from Saints in first half. Cork has been unbelievable. Lallana is usual brilliant self. So deserved a wonder goal. Lambert mostly really good... he tries killer passes and only a few come off. Fonte, Lovren strong. Chambers awesome. Watching on a superb HD stream from al jazeera. Saints will score second half. I just hope they get two.

Are we all watching the same game?! We are doing OK - we have had more possession and have created some chances - we just need to hit the target! I am watching online but listening to Five Live where they are quite impressed with Saints. If we carry on like this we should get some sort of result.

You do have to wonder sometimes!! Some people just enjoy to have a good moan.

Fantastic football from Saints in first half. Cork has been unbelievable. Lallana is usual brilliant self. So deserved a wonder goal. Lambert mostly really good... he tries killer passes and only a few come off. Fonte, Lovren strong. Chambers awesome. Watching on a superb HD stream from al jazeera. Saints will score second half. I just hope they get two.

Link please

With the Lambert debate, he's winning some headers and playing some decent balls, but against Everton, unless we get crosses in and get Lambert into the box he's basically isolated. They have two very big mobile defenders who are going to be beaten on guile rather than brute force, as Adam Lallana showed when he did Disten and should have scored.

We are playing extremely narrow, and Shaw and Chambers are being pushed back by Baines and Coleman who are both have good games. It has subsequently left Jay Rod roaming and feeding off scraps.

Now at some point either Gaston or Dani needs to come on, or even Sam Gallagher because we need to get in behind Everton, they do have a lack of pace when there full backs go forward, but Lambert won't be the man to make the most of that.

Last season Gaston did well at Goodison because of this, and I expect that he could come good again.

If you are going to accuse him of being awful at least get your facts right. He scored 2 in 2.

He hasn't been awful, that goal against Man City was a strike that nobody else in the squad is capable of.

He's been awful and a huge flop, if you think he's still going to be here next season you're living in dreamland

Everton slightly more effective with and without the ball. that said we have probably created the better chances towards the end of the half. We are playing too narrow. JWP having a mare, needs to work on his upper body strength, same with Reed.

Would like to see Gaston come on and provide a bit more creativity.

Shaw and Chambers have given Coleman and Baines' attacking prowess too much respect so far, Chambers in particular needs to be braver going forwards, pin them back.

But this does work both ways.

I would take JWP off and bring on Gaston for a run. Stick with Lambert for a it but give Gallagher a go with 15-20 mins left.

He's been awful and a huge flop, if you think he's still going to be here next season you're living in dreamland

You sir, clearly have no appreciation of a good footballer.

He hasn't been the player we hoped he would be I agree but he certainly hasn't been awful in all games he has played.

Everton slightly more effective with and without the ball. that said we have probably created the better chances towards the end of the half. We are playing too narrow. JWP having a mare, needs to work on his upper body strength, same with Reed.

Would like to see Gaston come on and provide a bit more creativity.

If that added creativity includes an increase in giving the ball away, then I'm all for it....;)

With the Lambert debate, he's winning some headers and playing some decent balls, but against Everton, unless we get crosses in and get Lambert into the box he's basically isolated. They have two very big mobile defenders who are going to be beaten on guile rather than brute force, as Adam Lallana showed when he did Disten and should have scored.

We are playing extremely narrow, and Shaw and Chambers are being pushed back by Baines and Coleman who are both have good games. It has subsequently left Jay Rod roaming and feeding off scraps.

Now at some point either Gaston or Dani needs to come on, or even Sam Gallagher because we need to get in behind Everton, they do have a lack of pace when there full backs go forward, but Lambert won't be the man to make the most of that.

Last season Gaston did well at Goodison because of this, and I expect that he could come good again.

well not Dani, he's not on the bench.

He hasn't been the player we hoped he would be I agree but he certainly hasn't been awful in all games he has played.

James try to ignore this fool, he has proved over and over that he does not have a credible opinion just agenda`s..

He's a skillful player but if you're as inconsistent as him you're worthless. In terms of what he contributes to the team he's been overall terrible

Ignore as in comment on everyone of my posts with mad comments, so very very mad?

Just suggesting ignoring you if he wants to have a sensible discussion about football as you clearly have

nothing sensible to say but strangely you know this but still continue to type it...odd ball

Just suggesting ignoring you if he wants to have a sensible discussion about football as you clearly have

nothing sensible to say but strangely you know this but still continue to type it...odd ball

Could you please stop trying to derail the thread by flirting with me, this is a football forum not plenty of fish