Everton vs Saints build-up

kwsaint

Another tough game, but Everton are far from invincible despite their recent form. They've picked up a few suspensions and I've got a sneaky feeling that with J-Rod on fire, Lambo back amongst the goals recently and possible return of Osvaldo we will win 3-2 (Lukaku 14, Osman 31, Rodriguez 26, Lambert 53, Osvaldo 87)

My son in law is a Everton fan, he tells me that Clattenberg has not reffed at Goodison for 6 (?)seasons due to some problem. Expect no favours from him today

Link from post 104 explains all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/everton-v-southampton-mark-clattenburg-returns-to-goodison-park-six-years-after-merseyside-derby-controversy-9027667.html

I'll be watching that any shirt tugging in the Everton penalty box is penalized consistent with the penalty he gave against Fonte at Arsenal.

Link from post 104 explains all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/everton-v-southampton-mark-clattenburg-returns-to-goodison-park-six-years-after-merseyside-derby-controversy-9027667.html

I'll be watching that any shirt tugging in the Everton penalty box is penalized consistent with the penalty he gave against Fonte at Arsenal.

the amount of shirt tugging that goes on (and has gone on since the arsenal game) and gone unpunished is mental. Makes that decision even more mental

how much will he let go today, I wonder

the amount of shirt tugging that goes on (and has gone on since the arsenal game) and gone unpunished is mental. Makes that decision even more mental

how much will he let go today, I wonder

Yep, and far worse ones as well. Fontes was a tug, I've seen others nearly tear the shirts off the opponents backs.

never liked them, even before Highbury in 84.

Everton have never been really popular amongst the general populace, they once had a bad reputation for all sorts of things, buying up players so that other teams couldn't get them, there were rumours (and I'm talking a long time back here) that Catholics would never get a game there (don't know how true that was, never researched it) and then there was the coloured players thing which ended with the signing of Daniel Amokachi in the mid 90s ending a spell of about 20 years without one. now whether that was coincidence or by design I couldn't say..

Edited by Window Cleaner

Dislike Everton almost as much as Skates. From their poncey nickname to their overblown sense of self worth via their inferiority complex with The Proper Scouse and their self delusion at not being taken seriously with footballs elite, they annoy me. Love it when they get worked over by anyone. Can't stand watching images like that powderpuff owner crying his eyes out when the Sweat left then for the Mancs. I want us to batter them.

Don't have much of a problem with them, but don't believe all the we have no money for transfers bull**** that they come out with every season. They've spent plenty of money on transfers over the last few seasons, just not as much as the top 6 teams

as always skintness is relative in football. In Everton's case I presume money isn't just and accounting notion as it is at clubs like West Ham and Skate.

Author's going to poly judging by his grammar.

Strange how the word Polytechnique or Polytechnic if you like changes. Polytechnique (also known as X) is France's finest school, a sort of ancient military academy which takes only the brightest and best of the brightest and best, a sort of CalTech or MIT where they pay you to go, whereas in the UK I assume it's a sort of remedial affair for those who can't even make a scruffy tech uni.

Strange how the word Polytechnique or Polytechnic if you like changes. Polytechnique (also known as X) is France's finest school, a sort of ancient military academy which takes only the brightest and best of the brightest and best, a sort of CalTech or MIT where they pay you to go, whereas in the UK I assume it's a sort of remedial affair for those who can't even make a scruffy tech uni.

Always had you down as more of an Enarque WC..... ;-)

Of course we no longer have Polytechnics in the UK. Labour, in the 90s I believe, allowed them all to call themselves 'Universities' in order to make higher education harmonise with the Comprehensive education 'ideal'.

Now every one-horse town and suburb boasts a 'University', dolling out worthless junk degrees.

Of course we no longer have Polytechnics in the UK. Labour, in the 90s I believe, allowed them all to call themselves 'Universities' in order to make higher education harmonise with the Comprehensive education 'ideal'.

Now every one-horse town and suburb boasts a 'University', dolling out worthless junk degrees.

instead of the HNCs and what have yous that were actually useful in the sectors studied.

Can you ever not just answer the question. Don't comment if you don't like it .

but why a new thread? People seem to be just obsessed by starting new threads instead of using the build up thread which would seem to be totally apt for the subjects posed. Mods really have to clamp down on new threads soon I think. No offence meant though Roger, it's just an annoying forum trend just now...well it annoys me anyway.

but why a new thread? People seem to be just obsessed by starting new threads instead of using the build up thread which would seem to be totally apt for the subjects posed. Mods really have to clamp down on new threads soon I think. No offence meant though Roger, it's just an annoying forum trend just now...well it annoys me anyway.

Jesus.

no, he's not tall enough. His biggest (and probably only) default is losing out in aerial duels when called upon, imagine moving that to CB, no thanks.

Jamie carragher "no one wants to be the next Gary neville". Centre back more glamorous!