Everton vs Saints build-up

kwsaint

It was horrible, just horrible.

Bloody Adrian bloody Heath - nothing hurts more than a goal like that.

Apparently not. I'd have thought 30 years of trauma was more appropriate to an average rape, not losing a cup semi final. Why do people hate Heath so much too? According to his wiki, he is neither from nor has every played for Pompey.

Apparently not. I'd have thought 30 years of trauma was more appropriate to an average rape, not losing a cup semi final. Why do people hate Heath so much too? According to his wiki, he is neither from nor has every played for Pompey.

Oh give me strength........I think we mean in footballing terms not in major trauma terms. Sorry for not making it clear in order to avoid confusion :-/

Our team is still way off full strength. We know the stand-ins can play together as we saw against Cardiff.....However, it is still a fragile set-up. IMO, it will all be down to confidence on the day. I predict a win, a draw, or a defeat for us.

You forgot match abandoned because of weather.

Oh give me strength........I think we mean in footballing terms not in major trauma terms. Sorry for not making it clear in order to avoid confusion :-/

I'm being facetious but I don't really get why losing a semi final to a team who've never particularly been our rivals is so bad. We must have beaten Everton about 10 times since then. If none of those wins avenged our defeat in '84 I doubt a win on Sunday will either.

I don't expect Boruc to be back until West Brom game on 11th January, with Davis playing in the FA Cup game. Although I hope Davis is picked ahead of Gazzaniga for Everton and Chelsea. Despite the clean sheet yesterday Cardiff didn't really offer much of a threat, Everton will.

Despite Gazzas improved performance vs Cardiff id still pick KD if he's fit.

Gazza scares the life out of me and Everton will be looking to bounce back quickly after the sunderland defeat

Notice Everton despite having 10 men ( v sunderand) still dominated possesion, had 25 shots and 11 corners

So basically, they had a good performance?

Tough game; I keep thinking of the Man City game with a weakened side though when we conceded early and it looked like being a blow out. I know it won't happen but I'd consider playing Lovren in Morgan's role alongside Davis and Cork and leave Yoshida at CB. JWP just does not look a 90 minute player in an intense game and even his set piece and dead ball delivery has not been great lately.

I'm not at all sure that Lovren didn't play as a DM on occasions at Lyon but then again they sometimes have strange ideas concerning their players' capacities.

He did and is decent there. If we're down to the bones I'd expect to see him feature in a holding midfield role this season at some point.

I'm being facetious but I don't really get why losing a semi final to a team who've never particularly been our rivals is so bad. We must have beaten Everton about 10 times since then. If none of those wins avenged our defeat in '84 I doubt a win on Sunday will either.

Unless we have beaten them in the semi final of the FA cup in the last minutes then it has not been avenged. Back in 84 the cup really did mean something (still does to some). Saints had played away in every round with trips to Blackburn on a Friday, shef weds on a Sunday plus that lot down the road and notts forest. It seemed at the time as if we were destined to win the bloody thing.

Interesting piece on Southampton and the Saints team contained within

Not exactly complimentary but I guess we are all big enough to take the adverse remarks.

It is a bit embarrassing if the comments on the behaviour some of the (youthful) away support last year is correct

seriously,if you were there,you'd know why it still hurts.,for us older ones it was a bitter pill to swallow

not far off the dislike for pompey

To be fair I think it's a pretty funny article.

Reminds of the UI wind up pieces they used to do when they were still a fanzine

No doubt one or two will get precious though. And Matt le scopey will try and bore them into submission.

Funny that. Although Everton fans have just as much of a chip on their shoulder as Liverpool fans. They have an awful home support with no real standing area like we have with the Northam or even the Itchen North, and their away support tends to be sat down in the majority. Oh and I f*cking hate the accent.

all 4 teams who have the festive 2 away games play on Sunday afternoon. So I guess it's about equality of conditions concerning travelling etc.

Wrong, 10 teams had double away games, 6 of them have played today. (Man U, Palace, Sunderland etc) ,,,,,,we jointly agreed to slip a day to Sunday .... Peter and Paul really as when we play Chelsea we will only have had 3 days (rather than 4 days if we had played today).