Burnley Predictions

Thedelldays

How long have you been supporting Saints - two weeks?

We have a long history of not winning many games - how about the least amount of wins in the last ten years - historically and accurately we will probably lose this game. I always go with the logic but having said that football doesn't always do this.

Just because I think we are crap, just because I don't think we will win does not make me some how a lesser supporter it just means my view point on Southampton Football Club different from yours - not the rest of my life which you know nothing about just Southampton Football Club.

I would like to see Saints win 5-0 with the press raving about the demolition of Burnley and highlights being shown left, right and centre......ain't gonna happen though - probably.

We all know the story. But whatever you predict makes no difference to the outcome. So why not live in hope?

We're just as likely to win today as lose - because we're the most unpredictable team in the world.

Chill out, relax, get your spirits up and who knows what might happen?

There is no logic involved in supporting a club like ours, after all!!!! ;)

We all desperately hope we'll win - even at 3-0 down with ten minutes to go, inside our hearts is a little flame of passion and hope that we might nick a draw, because those kind of things do happen.

There's no shame in admitting it. Although on this forum, you'd better wear a tin hat - we have people who don't like fans enjoying life.

We all know the story. But whatever you predict makes no difference to the outcome. So why not live in hope?

We're just as likely to win today as lose - because we're the most unpredictable team in the world.

We all desperately hope we'll win - even at 3-0 down with ten minutes to go, inside our hearts is a little flame of passion and hope that we might nick a draw, because those kind of things do happen.

There's no shame in admitting it. Although on this forum, you'd better wear a tin hat - we have people who don't like fans enjoying life.

there is also no shame in admitting that I think we will lose

Nah, you just don't want to be proved wrong and think that's the safest option. ;)

not really...im a realist..and realistically..we will lose..that is not being a moron or negative..look at the form and league table..of course there is a chance we could win..but it is very minimal...

you are the sort that predicts a win every week then tell those who are unhappy with the situation to be realistic...eeeerrrmmm..:rolleyes:

not really...im a realist..and realistically..we will lose..that is not being a moron or negative..look at the form and league table..of course there is a chance we could win..but it is very minimal...

you are the sort that predicts a win every week then tell those who are unhappy with the situation to be realistic...eeeerrrmmm..:rolleyes:

Er no, I'm a fan. Fans believe their teams will win. Whatever they say to other people. They create a front they call expectation. It allows them to gloss over the disappointment of defeat by claiming that it was 'expected'.

We'll lose lots of games. That's how it goes. Especially with a team of kids.

But you still go into every game believing you can win.

People take this too seriously. They apply logic. They analyse. They look for blame when things go wrong. They rail against the machine. There's just too much depression and anger on here - people spatting with one anohter, cynical, hard, vile comments - well what sort of family is that??

If there's no one left who believes, then the religion is dead my old son.

Er no, I'm a fan. Fans believe their teams will win. Whatever they say to other people. They create a front they call expectation. It allows them to gloss over the disappointment of defeat by claiming that it was 'expected'.

People take this too seriously. They apply logic. They analyse. They look for blame when things go wrong. They rail against the machine. There's just too much depression and anger on here - people spatting with one anohter, cynical, hard, vile comments - well what sort of family is that??

i dont believe anymore

...we are crap...i will take the odd win and the odd shock result with happyness and joy..but that is it, they are just freak results now and then added with the odd 45 mins of good football..

Bunch of miserable firkers - 2-1 the Saints! how can a fan predict a loss? No heart, no hope!

Yep, the day we all start being despondent firkers, the world will be a better place...

You'll be struck down, don't worry...

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away - and tomorrow he is taking the points at Turfmoor ;)

If they're not, then they don't qualify as fans.

Fans believe they're going to win no matter what. That's how it works - fanatical.

The rest say something different but inside still secretly believe in victory.

They just don't like to admit it.

Otherwise, they are hollow and should give up football.

What a load of b*llocks.

4-1 to Burnley.

Those players being touted with a move away in January will not want to stick a foot in & get a bad injury with the transfer window just around the corner - meaning will we see 100% commitment and determination today? I doubt it - although I hope I'm proved drastically wrong of course.

A year ago, Christmas was coming and we were looking forward to a push on to the play-offs...

We were then utter **** over the Christmas period

This year Christmas is coming and we're all expecting a relegation battle.....

With our classical inconsistency this will probably be the start of a play-off push just because we think the opposite..... but not until next week of course.

Anyway, it's been another beautiful day here working at the Dubai Ladies Masters Golf (some fittehs out there I can tell ya), but it ain't Christmas yet and the lads are bound to spoil my chilled mood

3-1 Burnley

(But I HOPE for a win)

Well seeing as it is going to be raining hard up in Burnley this afternoon I reckon it will be a really scrappy, physical game. I reckon we will still come out on tops though. I'm predicting 2-3 to Saints.

Come on You Greys! (or are we in Red n White today? forgot what Burnley's strip is...)