Message for Crouch and Poortvliet

SaintRichmond

to be fair the thread is pretty much about Lowe and Wilde so having a pop at someone for comenting on them is not too clever.

When talking about the team and players I often agree with you and think you talk some sense but the lowey and wildey remarks does get on my t1ts. we know you dont like them and to be honest there are not many people that will say they do like them so there isnt any need to keep going with the sillyness is there?

I was joking..hence The Womble comment. Tongue in cheek so to speak as it is usually me etc etc So I was having a go at myself in his favour...

Don't you think that using the terms "Lowey" and "Wildey" is a bit, well, erm... How can I put this?

Ummm... Pathetic?

Yes, Sorry Pontey, I just can't help it most of my mates all my life.

Browney, Blairey, Jonesy,Crouchey, Salzey etc I have tried to change but I suppose I will always be pathetic.

Still a Saints supporter, now thats really pathetic..But my wife can be so cutting with her statements about me....

Come to think of it...On this forum its like being married.

As I understood it, the quote was "self motivation" and not confidence.

Can you please post up details of your own master plan to get the club out of the deep cack that it's currently in?

There is no short term solution, the club effectively has to rebuild and attempt to stave off both administration and relegation, with one virtually guaranteeing the other.

We all know it's going to be a rocky ride and we all know that we are not in a position to refuse any reasonable offer for any of our players.

This would be the same if Crouch was still in charge or your beloved pair of Lowe and Wilde.

All I see on this board is the same people arguing the same points over and over again, just like it was on S4E pre Wilde's takeover.

Until some rich fool decides to throw his money into a near bankrupt Championship club on the south coast there are few realistic alternatives.

That doesn't mean I like it btw but I don't see the point of moaning about the same things ad nauseum, but the process of trying to turn the club around is long term. I'm sorry and all that, but the instant gratification you seek isn't going to happen unless you involve your wrist :D

An excellent post and one that I understand, a pity a few others cannot.

Until Lowe goes - or he undoes the damage he created - many fans like myself will not set foot inside SMS.

Lowe could change this situation at a stroke but somehow I don't think he will, therefore I'm in for the long haul.

At some point you have to take a stand.

Would you care to elaborate on the highlighted part as I would be very interested, thanks. BTW I won't hold my breathe on a sensible answer.

You can make as many wrong decisions whilst trying to save money as well as those mistakes whilst spending. Whilst the club adopts a PR stance that is comparitive to Woolies, it has a very limited future. Few may not understand, but the majority do!

You can make as many wrong decisions whilst trying to save money as well as those mistakes whilst spending. Whilst the club adopts a PR stance that is comparitive to Woolies, it has a very limited future. Few may not understand, but the majority do!

Absolutely (although I'm not overly sure of the OP's rant).

I think there are very few supporters who don't appreciate the financial climate within which the Club is operating, but it is ludicrous to suggest that within these confines everything that has been done will have been the best decision possible.

As you correctly say, even given these tough conditions, it is still possible to make the wrong decisions, whilst pursuing a policy of economic prudence.

As was the case when we had money in the Premiership, it's as much to do with how that limited money is spent, rather than purely how much is spent.

To suggest things have to be done this way is ridiculous. The majority agree on the need to tighten things up financially, but there is more than one way to skin a cat!!!!!

IMHO, in the grand scheme of things, there are two pieces of minor expenditure which could have been used much better, and they would be the wages for a manager and the salary for a CEO.

So when 5 years ago we, we were at an FA Cup final, and riding high in the Premiership, and now we're loosing £1m a month and are one place of Division 3 (old), and you think St Richmond is scare mongering!!!!???

Earth to planet Alanh..... come in.......

So you are saying that because bad things have happened over the last 5 years then it's productive to predict further perceived bad things might happen in the future. What is the point? It's not like any St R is advocating any form of discussion, all he's doing is stating as if it is fact that things are going to be worse in February after we have sold off all our decent players.

Absolutely (although I'm not overly sure of the OP's rant).

I think there are very few supporters who don't appreciate the financial climate within which the Club is operating, but it is ludicrous to suggest that within these confines everything that has been done will have been the best decision possible.

As you correctly say, even given these tough conditions, it is still possible to make the wrong decisions, whilst pursuing a policy of economic prudence.

As was the case when we had money in the Premiership, it's as much to do with how that limited money is spent, rather than purely how much is spent.

To suggest things have to be done this way is ridiculous. The majority agree on the need to tighten things up financially, but there is more than one way to skin a cat!!!!!

IMHO, in the grand scheme of things, there are two pieces of minor expenditure which could have been used much better, and they would be the wages for a manager and the salary for a CEO.

You are, of course, quite right - there is more than one way to skin a cat but at the outset you have to decide what approach you are going to take. Lowe has set his stall out with the youngsters and chosen a coach who he thought was right for that philosophy. Rightly or wrongly that is the path he chose and he has to give it time. I still think that it is too early to say that it has failed and we are basically in no worse a position than we were last year. The trouble is that people's view of this is quite definitely coloured by their view of Lowe. The antis were never ever going to believe in it - the pros are -mostly - happy enough with it and there are others like myself who like the experiment but are still more than happy to see Lowe go - but only if replaced by a serious investor, not in yet another round of musical chairs.

Sorry to be a pedant, but unless some people are really thick and have difficulty with comprehension of their mother tongue, (assuming of course that English is their mother tongue) there should be few who fail to understand what st.throbber was saying, as it was well expressed gramatically.

Whether they agree with all of it is another matter. ;)

You are, of course, quite right - there is more than one way to skin a cat but at the outset you have to decide what approach you are going to take. Lowe has set his stall out with the youngsters and chosen a coach who he thought was right for that philosophy. Rightly or wrongly that is the path he chose and he has to give it time.

And you are absolutely right with that as well, but you are also confirming my belief that we did have (and still do have) choices.

Lowe took a conscious decision to go down this route, there were other potential strategies he could have adopted, but rightly or wrongly this is the route he has taken us down. All I was stating was that it was ridiculous to suggest there was no alternative to the current strategy and we have been forced into making every decision we did!!!!

I am more than happy to judge him by the success of this strategy and I also agree that we need to give this strategy time (although there may well come a time when we someone calls time, just as they did when it was clear Wigley was out of his depth).

I still think that it is too early to say that it has failed and we are basically in no worse a position than we were last year. The trouble is that people's view of this is quite definitely coloured by their view of Lowe.

Not strictly true.

We are 9 points adrift of where we were at exactly this time last year, when we had 4 more wins under our belt and had lost one match less than we have this season. When you look at the number of matches lost, it is pretty close, but when comparing the number of wins and draws, it is clear that last season we were capable of turning more of those draws into wins. With those extra 9 points this season, we would be lying 11th, just three points away from the play-off positions.

As everybody realises apart from the board, we badly need a cutting edge up front.

And perhaps peoples' views of our current situation are coloured also by having witnessed only one league win at home this season.

There is obviously time to turn it around with half a season left, but if we repeated our performance in the first half, we would stand a good chance of being relegated.

Message for SaintRichmond and AlpineSaint.

Nobody cares about your whining. Shut up.

The problem here is that most do agree in principle with what they say.

I for one am not looking forward to January for the following reasons

1. The likes of AL, AS and KD being sold off

2. The likes of Cork, Pearce etc etc being sent back to their respective clubs for finaicial reasons.

Bearing in mind currently our position in the league, with the team being weakened I cannot see on the field getting better. I know the obvious question of who can replace the current board setup, well I dont know! But we are in a catch 22 game here.

We sell players to stave off adminstration, but with that we might end up in the 3rd tier causing us to go into administration, but like said by many others this again is going to be a bumpy ride AGAIN!