Were Lowe & Wilde at tonights game?

Totton Red

I could be wrong but I think people are missing the point behind the original thread that was raised on this last night.

The key observation was not about Wilde and/or Lowe apparently not being there but what they were doing instead. It was hinted at that they may have been 'elsewhere' dealing with something to do with 'the future of SFC'.

So, the thread was not designed to have a pop at the powers that be not being there but to understand where they were instead. Obviously if they were somewhere 'private' (e.g. on holiday) then that's the end of the line of enquiry but, as I say, it was suggested they were doing 'something else' connected with the club.....

That's all.

Yep, to me it was clear that people were insinuating that something was going on, and that the question wasn't really about whether they could be bothered to go to a game. Hence my post further up about the ITK'ers being out in force.

However, it looks like once again they have egg on their faces. You'd think people would learn wouldn't you....................

Well, he probably won't be posting too often - and I'm sure he has to watch the pennies! ;)

I don't think Michael Wilde has to worry too much about money:

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:57 pm

I have received the following from Mike Wilde in regard to your points:

Merlion Group’s turnover rose to approx STG 20m in 2005 and is expected (on current projections) to achieve in excess of STG 30m in 2006. This dramatic growth is due to the establishment of our speculative housing arm Infinity Homes Ltd. In respect of dividends there is a firm dividend policy in place at moment that prevents extraction of any more than 50% of taxable profit.

I can also confirm that Merlion Group is certainly not my only source of income. I have substantial financial interests in a number of overseas countries as well as other companies and I have an established Family Trust which looks after family matters.

I am not prepared to give information regarding my net worth as I am sure everyone can understand that it is not their business!!

So to summarise....

MW was in attendance (along with Cowen)

RL is still on holiday in Canada, hence not there

Alpine was sat at his computer, sniping.

I only looked this morning and saw the furore, it has been widely mentioned on here RL was on vacation and it was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the thread. There are so many wanting to jump to conclusions.

So to summarise....

MW was in attendance (along with Cowen)

RL is still on holiday in Canada, hence not there

Which begs the question why some respected posters last night were hinting that they were 'elsewhere' on 'SFC/SLH business'....doesn't add up....(unless it's all rubbish of course...) ;)

There are so many wanting to jump to conclusions.

No, incorrect. People weren't "jumping to conclusions"...they were simply reacting to suggestions that MW and/or RL were elsewhere....the subtle hint being that it was to do with investment/takeover talks.

HTH

Just got back to Jersey flying FLYBE directly from Exeter via Guernsey.

The Board were represented by myself and Andrew Cowen, Rupert does not return from his holiday in Canada until Thursday.

Thank you for your interest.

Cheers

Why would any body believe what you say with your track record !!!

So the PLC chairman is on holiday at the start of the season when the team are finding their feet and transfer activity is reaching its peak ?

Superb timing, and further evidence of his priorities..

I would have thought that both Mr Wilde and Mr Cowen were more than capable of running the club in the absence of Mr Lowe

So the PLC chairman is on holiday at the start of the season when the team are finding their feet and transfer activity is reaching its peak ?

Superb timing, and further evidence of his priorities..

Perhaps during the summer break he was at the club sorting out the mess that we were in.That his sons who he was taking on the fishing vacation are more important to him as it was when they were available.

Mandaric was away the last game of last season where Leicester were relegated,I suggest that was more important.

if MW and Crouch were there that was enough.RL was not playing last night although he would have done a more capable job than Bart.

Were Lowe & Wilde at tonight's game ?

I doubt it ...... They have far more important things to be concerned about in running the PLC than to be bothered with a side issue like a Football Match .......

So, you didn't actually read the thread then?

Were Lowe & Wilde at tonight's game ?

I doubt it ...... They have far more important things to be concerned about in running the PLC than to be bothered with a side issue like a Football Match .......

I think it's always better to read a thread, than to make yourself look like a total tool....

No, incorrect. People weren't "jumping to conclusions"...they were simply reacting to suggestions that MW and/or RL were elsewhere....the subtle hint being that it was to do with investment/takeover talks.

HTH

TBH honest it has been posted several times that Lowe is in Canada on holiday fishing by a few people

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=881&highlight=fishing#post881

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=975&highlight=fishing#post975

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=3458&highlight=fishing#post3458

I guess he would be expected to return at some point though? Unless it's a permanent vacation........

In answer to Richmonds locked thread

I remarked about perceived censorship by PM to both Steve Grant and Ponty last evening and had a reasoned reply that I am happy with.

The originator of the two locked threads last night is a good friend of mine and although we do not always agree we are Saints supporters.

There was talk of a "text" to some of the forum members last night. Not sure if my friend got one. I am not sure the content either but I can hazzard a guess.

Bearing in mind Mr Wilde has confirmed he and Andrew Cowen attended I am beginning to think someone somewhere (and I am not refering to my friend) has an agenda and is trying to use some forum members.

And no I am not prepared to disclose the PM responses from SG or Ponty. They will remain private. Suffice to say Ponty allowed this thread to run and Mr Wildes response should bring the issue to and end. At least it does for me................. :)

TBH honest it has been posted several times that Lowe is in Canada on holiday fishing by a few people

I still think people are right to view it as a tad odd that the figurehead of an organisation is 'away' during the opening week of an event that said organisation is participating in.

It would be like Ron Dennis going on holiday in March and missing the opening Grand Prix race of the Formula 1 season.

It's just a valid observation (rather than an opinion)....

I still think people are right to view it as a tad odd that the figurehead of an organisation is 'away' during the opening week of an event that said organisation is participating in.

It would be like Ron Dennis going on holiday in March and missing the opening Grand Prix race of the Formula 1 season.

Lowe works two days a week as chairman of the club. Cowan is a full-time appointed MD. Wilde is football chairman and he was there too with Cowan. What is the issue folks?

I'm pleased Wilde has intervened to tell us that he was there.

I do find it worrying that a couple of posters can state that neither Wilde or Lowe was there and that causes an outbreak of caterwauling from the usual suspects (no names, no packdrill... ha ha) who haven't even considered that the original statements might be wrong anyway.

Flavio Briatore missed a GP last year to go and watch QPR.

Flavio Briatore missed a GP last year to go and watch QPR.

The opening one?

(Ok, there is logically no difference between missing the opening fixture and any other fixture but, logic aside, there is usually a human instinct that kicks in whereby the 'first' of any series of 'events' has seemingly more 'importance' than those that follow....as I say, nowt logical about that...it's just the way humans tend to perceive things)

The opening one?

(Ok, there is logically no difference between missing the opening fixture and any other fixture but, logic aside, there is usually a human instinct that kicks in whereby the 'first' of any series of 'events' has more 'importance' than those that follow....as I say, nowt logical about that...it's just the way humans tend to perceive things)

No, it wouldn't have been the opener as he only took posession of QPR at the start of last year. In fact, it's possible that his first home game as owner was the 3-0 defeat by us.

Think they both work 3 days a week actually, didn't Cowen say that last week?

You may be right but my point is that Lowe doesn't need to attend every match if others are there in his stead as directors (personally I don't think it's a requisite that any of them should be there all the time. They do their work on weekdays IMO).

You may be right but my point is that Lowe doesn't need to attend every match if others are there in his stead as directors (personally I don't think it's a requisite that any of them should be there all the time. They do their work on weekdays IMO).

Anyway, as has been said a few times now, that wasn't actually the point of this thread. It was the nudge-nudge wink-winkers trying to hint that a takeover was imminent and that Wilde and Lowe were off doing the deal.

This whole thread has become quite ridiculous with the usual suspects trying to find any reason they can for sniping at certain members of the board.

I personally don't give a flying ***k if RL attends games or not, the people that count are the players, manager and coaching staff.

It's the school summer holidays and RL has children. I should imagine his holiday was already booked before he even came back to the club, so please give it a rest some of you.

If Wilde and Cowan were there then good for them, we had someone representing the board.

Why this has gone on this long with stupid conspiracy theories god only knows. When will people learn to ignore some of the rubbish spouted on here.

Anyway, as has been said a few times now, that wasn't actually the point of this thread. It was the nudge-nudge wink-winkers trying to hint that a takeover was imminent and that Wilde and Lowe were off doing the deal.

Indeed. Is your face the same shade of blue as mine in trying to explain this to people? :)

Dont agree. Lowe is chairman of the PLC, with Wilde holding chair for the football board and Cowen as Ops. We have always moaned that Lowe should look after the business and not football :)

I fail to see where that insinuation has been made really. To me it's just a debate about whether Lowe or other directors should be present at games. I'm happy to stand corrected of course.

Dont agree. Lowe is chairman of the PLC, with Wilde holding chair for the football board and Cowen as Ops. We have always moaned that Lowe should look after the business and not football :)

Believe it or not, if I was to be pushed for an opinion (rather than one of my astute observations...;)) I tend to agree with you. It didn't surprise me in the slightest that our PLC chairman wasn't at the game. But, being a balanced kinda chap (contrary to any impressions to the contrary one might exude!) I also think that the opposite view is a valid one given our circumstances.

I don't think there's a wrong or right argument here

This whole thread has become quite ridiculous with the usual suspects trying to find any reason they can for sniping at certain members of the board.

I personally don't give a flying ***k if RL attends games or not, the people that count are the players, manager and coaching staff.

It's the school summer holidays and RL has children. I should imagine his holiday was already booked before he even came back to the club, so please give it a rest some of you.

If Wilde and Cowan were there then good for them, we had someone representing the board.

Why this has gone on this long with stupid conspiracy theories god only knows. When will people learn to ignore some of the rubbish spouted on here.

Because we won and deprived certain people of the chance to maoan about losing. So instead they moan that some directors weren't there (incorrectly in most cases). If we lose to Birmingham they can go back to moaning about the team instead.

I fail to see where that insinuation has been made really. To me it's just a debate about whether Lowe or other directors should be present at games. I'm happy to stand corrected of course.

I think they were trying to be subtle. Have you read all of the threads?

Because we won and deprived certain people of the chance to maoan about losing. So instead they moan that some directors weren't there (incorrectly in most cases). If we lose to Birmingham they can go back to moaning about the team instead.

Not so Itchen. The person who started the locked threads last night it a great saints supporter.

He had been told, quite wrongly as it turns out, that no board representation was at Exeter and he felt strongly enough about it to post his thoughts. The person who told him has apologised. It was done in good faith. Bloody Exeter Stewards ;)

Anyway he can fight is own battles when he next logs in

That was my mischievous comment last night.

In fact following a few PM's last night and a telephone conversation this morning I have grave doubts anything will happen.

Anyway, off now, Rose Bowl work awaits.

Not so Itchen. The person who started the locked threads last night it a great saints supporter.

He had been told, quite wrongly as it turns out, that no board representation was at Exeter and he felt strongly enough about it to post his thoughts. The person who told him has apologised. It was done in good faith. Bloody Exeter Stewards ;)

Anyway he can fight is own battles when he next logs in

That was my mischievous comment last night.

In fact following a few PM's last night and a telephone conversation this morning I have grave doubts anything will happen.

Cheers for the clarifications. I guess in that case this thread has probably run it's course now.

As we were.

Just got back to Jersey flying FLYBE directly from Exeter via Guernsey.

The Board were represented by myself and Andrew Cowen, Rupert does not return from his holiday in Canada until Thursday.

Thank you for your interest.

Cheers

As the originator of the "Wilde and Lowe not there" threads last night I should like to offer an apology to you and all the other posters on this forum who were consequently mislead. My information came from a friend at the match who spoke to some Exeter officials/stewards, who it seems were under the impression neither Chairmen were at the match.

If I was Chairmen of Southampton FC I would attend as many matches as humanly possible because I would feel it an honour and indeed a duty. I would like to think yourself and Rupert feel the same.

Again, my apologies for any distress caused.

As the originator of the "Wilde and Lowe not there" threads last night I should like to offer an apology to you and all the other posters on this forum who were consequently mislead. My information came from a friend at the match who spoke to some Exeter officials/stewards, who it seems were under the impression neither Chairmen were at the match.

If I was Chairmen of Southampton FC I would attend as many matches as humanly possible because I would feel it an honour and indeed a duty. I would like to think yourself and Rupert feel the same.

Full marks for making the apology Tiger, reflects well on you. It does however prove again the folly of garnering something from a friend who spoke to someone (a steward) who had heard from somone else that......... and then repeating it as a fact. The same happened about the fans forum -when in fact again the club were well represented. It helps no-one who cares about the club.

People reckon 'its just the internet' its not real so they can say what they want. The comments posted are real to the players, staff and directors who read this board and the stuff posted about them. It does have a corrosive effect.

Anyway -cheers for redressing the post.

Edited by buctootim

Full marks for making the apology Tiger, reflects well on you. It does however prove again the folly of garnering something from a friend who spoke to someone (a steward) who had heard from somone else that......... and then repeating it as a fact. The same happened about the fans forum -when in fact again the club were well represented. It helps no-one who cares about the club.

It happened to me regarding the highlights on ITV last night too.

It happened to me regarding the highlights on ITV last night too.

I think we've all done it in good faith - and worse.

I was convinced the McCanns were guilty and posted some, in retospect, pretty offensive stuff about them which was almost certainly incorrect. Just goes to show we rarely know the real facts and shouldnt be too quick to judge.

Well done for apologising, it was needed.

Unfortunately it is common on here to launch into criticism without any facts. Its quite right to criticise players under performing etc but to moan about finances / contracts without the facts or knowing what is going on, or to moan about who is behind the signings of players or to moan about players you haven't seen etc, has got OTT recently.

Hopefully people will think before starting rants.