Paterson

Nexstar

Simple fact of the matter is that if we were to field BWP with Euell up front consistently, we would be scoring many more goals and would not be talking once again about losing/drawing a game we dominated. Putting a lone kid up front is a recipe for disaster, as is placing a midget who is not match fit at CM when defending a 1-0 lead with 15 mins to play. Patterson looks a better prospect than Robertson and McG, BUT...he is not ready yet.

Absolutely right! Spot on....I could not believe that change - all Wednesday had was the long ball and to bring on Gillet all 5ft nothing to deal with that was mental

To leave an 18year old with no experience on his own for 15 minutes was a complete joke.

I like BWP out wide and he has done well but he doesn't have to just play in one position now and we can utilise him more as he is far more experienced and on form use it while it lasts.

It is a great shame that Navyred should leave this board nbecuase of this thread. However the original poster had a very good point. Paterson was guilty of not chasing lost causes, true he was never going to reach most of them but denying the opposition that little bit of time and composure would have helped us hang on. As it was he correctly judged when he could and couldn't reach balls - but missed the point that denying the opposition time can make all the difference at this level.

What we saw of him he is a good player but he needs to learn - as I believe McGoldrick has to some extent learnt - that it's as much about the balls you don't reach as the ones you do.

anyone who thinks Patterson is better than DMG is completely deluded, DMG is by far one of our more skillful players and works alot harder than some of you lot make out. I guess Le Tissier was a shi*t lazy c*nt aswell.

a "**** lazy" so an so with an end product though! No one cares how hard you work if you're banging the goals in, look at Stern or Rasiak no one was really moaning when they were scoring one of their 5 chances a game. MCG just doesnt have anywhere near that ratio in fact hes had something like 50 shots and scored what? 8 goals? Doyle has 15 goals from something like 38 shots this term.

a "**** lazy" so an so with an end product though! No one cares how hard you work if you're banging the goals in, look at Stern or Rasiak no one was really moaning when they were scoring one of their 5 chances a game. MCG just doesnt have anywhere near that ratio in fact hes had something like 50 shots and scored what? 8 goals? Doyle has 15 goals from something like 38 shots this term.
Doyle and the others you mention are so much older and experienced. DMG is the man who has been saddled with leading the line, that is a lot to take on for a young lad.It is not as though he has an old head alongside him to guide him through it.

Doyle and the others you mention are so much older and experienced. DMG is the man who has been saddled with leading the line, that is a lot to take on for a young lad.It is not as though he has an old head alongside him to guide him through it.

Granted but you'd expect him with a team who create a majority of chances or at least in a team where most chances fall to him he should have scored more. Lets not forget this guy scored 40 something goals a season in youth team football,Chances dont get harder just because hes moved up to the first team!

Lets not forget this guy scored 40 something goals a season in youth team football,Chances dont get harder just because hes moved up to the first team!

I wouldn't be so sure. At this level you don't get as much time, keepers are better, defenders close you down etc etc etc. There have been a number of players who can score for fun in youth matches against players their own age, but who are then unable to replicate it at a higher level.

We were talking about this at the weekend, because at a certain level DMG is certainly prolific. It's just whether he will be able to step up to the next level and do it in the CCC.

I think that when he was playing youth football he was a bully and used his physical presence to his advantage more.

I wouldn't be so sure. At this level you don't get as much time, keepers are better, defenders close you down etc etc etc. There have been a number of players who can score for fun in youth matches against players their own age, but who are then unable to replicate it at a higher level.

We were talking about this at the weekend, because at a certain level DMG is certainly prolific. It's just whether he will be able to step up to the next level and do it in the CCC.

I think that when he was playing youth football he was a bully and used his physical presence to his advantage more.

I think we are jumping the gun. In a usual set up he would have played only a few part appearances so he could find his feet. Once he gets a run of goals he will gain cionfidence and perhaps blossom

• 8 months later...