Keeping Track of the Contracts 2024-25

Over land and sea

18 hours ago, Master Bates said:

He'll presumably be in the long list of U21 players (replacing Lillienberg - the goalie that has left).

Other than that, I'm just expecting Caballero in place of McQueen in the main list

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2470630

Our 24 man squad announced plus 48 under 21 players.  Armitage not included but otherwise no surprises.  The only other player not listed (because he is out on loan and not an under 21) is Nlundulu.

25 Squad players (*Home grown)

1. Abdul Karim, Mohamed Salisu    
  2. Adams, Che Sac Everton Fred*
  3. Armstrong, Adam James *
  4. Armstrong, Stuart    
  5. Bednarek, Jan    
  6. Caballero Lazcano, Wilfredo Daniel    
  7. Diallo, Ibrahima    
  8. Djenepo, Moussa    
  9. El Younossi, Mohamed    
  10. Evangelista Silveira Neves Vojnovic, Lyanco    
  11. Forster, Fraser Gerard*
  12. Lancashire, Oliver*
  13. Lewis, Harry Charles John*
  14. Long, Shane Patrick*
  15. McCarthy, Alex Simon*
  16. Perraud, Romain Paul Jean Michel    
  17. Redmond, Nathan Daniel Jerome*
  18. Stephens, Jack*
  19. Tella, Nathan*
  20. Valery, Yan*
  21. Vidal, Oriol Romeu
  22. Walcott, Theo James*
  23. Walker-Peters, Kyle Leonardus*
  24. Ward-Prowse, James Michael Edward*

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)

1. Babic, Goran Gogo    
  2. Bailey, Samuel James    
  3. Ballard, Dominic    
  4. Beach, Edward James    
  5. Bellis, Samuel Lawrence Alexander    
  6. Bragg, Cameron Roger    
  7. Broja, Armando    
  8. Burnett, Ethan    
  9. Bycroft, Jack Thomas    
  10. Carson, Matthew    
  11. Chauke, Kgaogelo    
  12. Chavez-Munoz, Ryan Jorge    
  13. Davey, Teddy Jay    
  14. Davis, Sonnie    
  15. Doyle, Kamari Olivier    
  16. Edwards, Milan Diamond Lazane    
  17. Ferry, William    
  18. Finnigan, Ryan James    
  19. Hall, Matthew    
  20. Hewlett, Jeremiah James    
  21. Higgs, Tommy Lee    
  22. Lett, Joshua Matthew    
  23. Livramento, Valentino    
  24. Mitchell, Ramello Dejorn    
  25. Mohamed, Adli Hatim Othman Husain Elkhidir    
  26. Olaigbe, Kazeem Aderemi J.    
  27. Olufunwa, Oludare Samuel Araba    
  28. Otseh-Taiwo, Zuriel    
  29. Pambou Makaya, Leon    
  30. Payne, Lewis James    
  31. Pearce, Luke Edward Andrew    
  32. Ramsay, Kayne    
  33. Rodriguez Borja, Jeremi Alexander    
  34. Ross-Lang, Fedel    
  35. Simeu, Dynel Brown Kemgo    
  36. Smales Braithwaite, Benjamin    
  37. Small, Thierry    
  38. Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick    
  39. Smith, Jayden Pharell Llamar Mills    
  40. Squires, Joshua David    
  41. Tizzard, Wiliam    
  42. Tshaka, Kaya Sean    
  43. Turner, Jack    
  44. Vokins, Jake    
  45. Watts, Caleb Cassius    
  46. Woods, Harvey James    
  47. Wright, Oliver    
  48. Wright, Rylee
Edited by Over land and sea
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Interesting 

Well this came about because clubs held players registration and didn't play them . If they still didn't give in the clubs stopped paying them . So no income and you couldn't play for another club as the original club held their registration. This sort of behaviour led to the Bosman ruling after years of litigation .

Edited by East Kent Saint

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Interesting 

I wonder if he's referring to anyone in particular in his statements?

It is true though, for clubs like us it just kills our model dead in the water. We're not the only club to have that issue though, look at how Mbappe is playing it at PSG - he could have been worth a record transfer fee to them. Halland, in my opinion, will do the same to Dortmund.

Edited by S-Clarke

1 minute ago, qwertyell said:

He won't. He's got a relatively reasonable release clause that kicks in this summer. £65-70m or so. Chump change for the major teams.

Jeez, didn't realise that. Lots of interest in the summer then.

Although I imagine the agent fees and all that on top prob bring the outlay closer to 150-200m.

Up to us to be nimble in the marketplace.

Our stepping stone status means we should get caught out less often than "bigger" clubs where it comes to players winding down their contracts.

It's in everyone's interests - us, the player, the "big" club if a player proves his Premier League pedigree with us before moving 3 years into a 5 year deal.

By offering top academy prospects the chance to get on that pathway sooner for lower fees, we are already minimising our outlay. WIth the players focus on using our more direct pathway to move on, we're less at risk.

We could also look to take advantage of players who are on the fringes of squads at larger clubs, who will be released on a free/ or are winding down their contracts knowing they won't get a better wage deal. Again, a reduced outlay and the chance of that player reestablishing themselves ot move on. 

Although it's relative. I don't begrudge the likes of Forster or Walcott for example staying, although it will be a drain on our budget. There are clubs that pay a lot more in wages, and transfers. But a little less time thinking of players only as commodities wouldn't do any club any harm. Knowing the player could run down his deal, should be factored into the thinking at the start.

Ralph's not doing well with the Kicker quotes I've seen. 🙂

On 08/02/2022 at 18:41, S-Clarke said:

if it's one of ours, I wouldn't of thought it was someone out of contract this summer (as they would have known abut their intentions long ago - and this feels like a recent turn of events), it will be someone out of contract in 2023 or even 2024 that we have said we want to move them on in the summer, Djenepo, to recoup some of the fee we paid, or indeed offered a new deal, but they have said no. Salisu perhaps?

21 hours ago, Chez said:

if it's one of ours, I wouldn't of thought it was someone out of contract this summer (as they would have known abut their intentions long ago - and this feels like a recent turn of events), it will be someone out of contract in 2023 or even 2024 that we have said we want to move them on in the summer, Djenepo, to recoup some of the fee we paid, or indeed offered a new deal, but they have said no. Salisu perhaps?

I thought it may have been Salisu 

21 hours ago, Chez said:

My hunch when I read those comments was Salisu if i'm honest. I'd have expected to see some movement on a contract by now, given that he'll be entering his final 2 years at the end of this season. Arguably the maximum time to profit if they're not re-signing.

On 08/02/2022 at 10:41, S-Clarke said:

It is true though, for clubs like us it just kills our model dead in the water. We're not the only club to have that issue though, look at how Mbappe is playing it at PSG - he could have been worth a record transfer fee to them. Halland, in my opinion, will do the same to Dortmund.

Would think probably Danny Ings was in his mind, although in hindsight that didn't work out that bad!

Edited by HnycS
Grammar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HnycS said:

Would think probably Danny Ings was in his mind, although in hindsight that didn't work out that bad!

The 20m would tally.  Lets hope so and its not Salisu. It would be nice if he signed  new deal this summer and we got at least two more years AND a transfer fee should he depart.

• Like 2

On 16/02/2022 at 00:01, Chez said:

The 20m would tally.  Lets hope so and its not Salisu. It would be nice if he signed  new deal this summer and we got at least two more years AND a transfer fee should he depart.

Agreed, Salisu has been awesome, if he isn't willing to sign a new contract it would be somewhat frustrating, and some tough decisions will need to be made. 

Dan Sheldon reconfirmed (on the Norwich build up thread) that McCarthy had indeed signed a new contract last summer. Didn't say the length of contract, but said McCarthy had done the media work and couldn't explain why the club's announcement was then pulled.

2 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

Man Utd want Tino Livramento apparently, but Chelsea have a £38m buy-back option exercisable in 2023, so how does this work does anyone know?

Anyone can buy him if they want to, it's just that Chelsea have a deal to sign him at that fee if they wish to exercise it. It doesn't mean all clubs can execute the same fee.

For Man Utd, and 4 years left, £60m no less.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Anyone can buy him if they want to, it's just that Chelsea have a deal to sign him at that fee if they wish to exercise it. It doesn't mean all clubs can execute the same fee.

For Man Utd, and 4 years left, £60m no less.

Very much doubt that anyone (other than Chelsea) can buy him before 2023, without the agreement of Chelsea (it will have been written into transfer agrrement/contract) After 2023 Chelsea get first refusal. Don't actually think Man U specifically would be very interested and seriously doubt Tino would want to go there anyway. 

• Like 1

On 20/02/2022 at 11:22, Suhari said:

That would mean Goals, Goals, Goals!

He's 35, and  out of contact this summer. Wonder if he'll retire or just drop down a division? Coaching perhaps?

Not sure he will go down a division, at this point in his career I doubt he needs the money, and he would really get kicked around. Defending is a lot less subtle below PL levels. 

14 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

Very much doubt that anyone (other than Chelsea) can buy him before 2023, without the agreement of Chelsea (it will have been written into transfer agrrement/contract) After 2023 Chelsea get first refusal. Don't actually think Man U specifically would be very interested and seriously doubt Tino would want to go there anyway. 

Not sure that works with Freedom of Movement. If someone makes an offer this summer and he wants to go and Saints are happy to sell……..

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Shame Alex McCarthy was given a new contract, he’s a poor Championship keeper that doesn’t command his area.

Would rather keep Fraser Forster on reduced wages, but that said I’d still buy a new goalkeeper in the summer. 
Ideally someone you’ll get use of for four or five years, not another stop gap for a year.

Pretty sure that he was offered a new contract based on being No 2, Forster was also offered same but declined. The theory was that we would be bringing in a new #1. So, based on that and that things have developed since the Summer Saints could, in theory offer Forster a new contact as #1, on the other hand his mind may already have been made up and he has plans for next season already in place.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/02/2022 at 18:26, FarehamSaintJames said:

Shame Alex McCarthy was given a new contract, he’s a poor Championship keeper that doesn’t command his area.

Would rather keep Fraser Forster on reduced wages, but that said I’d still buy a new goalkeeper in the summer. 
Ideally someone you’ll get use of for four or five years, not another stop gap for a year.

Does a contract really mean anything these days? If another club came in with a decent offer for AM he'd be off so why can't we just offer him to others clubs if we want to?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2022 at 15:56, HKsaint said:

Should not let Salisu get close to the squad before he signs a new contract.  

Salisu is clearly quality just having a bad patch. Get him a new contract now IMO. Even in this poor form ,he's better than Beg and Stephens.

14 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Tosh. He is proving every week that he is not a very good player and no better than any of the others.

I suggest watching some of the games around Christmas time. Also Leeds at home, he put in a better performance than I've EVER seen from the other two.

• Like 1

• Over land and sea changed the title to Keeping Track of the Contracts 2024-25