Exeter v Saints

VectisSaint

Seeing as I cannot get a live feed in Austria, I can only react to comments being made on here, and I am not impressed with Schneiderlin playing CB whilst there are real CBs left out or warming the bench. This smacks of Burleyism to me.

As for NickG's baiting, its the classic case of making digs then putting the person on ignore so as not to see the reaction. I regard myself as a bit more mature than that..

Thing is Alps, that Spiderman is a CB, just as much as he is a defensive MF. Whereas Wotton is probably better in MF than he is at CB. There were no real CBs really left out. Killer is justifiably rested, and Thomas is clearly not going to be at Saints much longer (IMHO). Our preferred CBs will be Killer and Davies when fit, with 3 others as back up (Perry, Wotton, Schneiderlin). I don't really think the way JP is doing things can be compared to the stupidity of Burley, at least we have CBs, unlike the start of last season.

From what the reporter on SSN said, it seems as if Bart's been very very dodgy.

Hopefully we'll get a goal to settle us down a bit. Loads of goals elsewhere:

Sheff Weds 1-1 Rotherham

Bournemouth 0-2 Cardiff

Bristol City 0-1 Peterborough

Crewe 1-0 Barnsley

Ipswich 2-0 Leyton Orient

Macclesfield 1-0 Blackpool

Luton 1-0 Plymouth

All other games with Championship teams are goalless.

Seeing as I cannot get a live feed in Austria, I can only react to comments being made on here, and I am not impressed with Schneiderlin playing CB whilst there are real CBs left out or warming the bench. This smacks of Burleyism to me.

As for NickG's baiting, its the classic case of making digs then putting the person on ignore so as not to see the reaction. I regard myself as a bit more mature than that..

Not quite sure how you can be unimpressed with someone you can't see playing. Wouldn't it be a better idea to judge how he plays based on actually how he performs, rather than just thinking that the lad can only play in defensive midfield? Saying this is Burleyism is ridiculous when you haven't seen the guy play. Judge a man on how he plays not on what you are guessing.

Seeing as JP has turned his midfield and defence upside down, its hardly surprising.

Hardly upside down. One outfield change and everyone playing in positions they've played well in overall in pre-season. Somewhat over-dramatic I feel alps.

Not quite sure how you can be unimpressed with someone you can't see playing. Wouldn't it be a better idea to judge how he plays based on actually how he performs, rather than just thinking that the lad can only play in defensive midfield? Saying this is Burleyism is ridiculous when you haven't seen the guy play. Judge a man on how he plays not on what you are guessing.

LOL. Dont recall saying I am unimpressed by Schneiderlin, only by the formation.........

Hardly upside down. One outfield change and everyone playing in positions they've played well in overall in pre-season. Somewhat over-dramatic I feel alps.

Hmmm. Schneiderlin seems to be central to most of what is happening in the side this season so far, so I wouldnt consider him to be any old outfield player that's being moved.

I think you'll find that the point that AS is making is that he is unimpressed that we are not playing a natural CB in that position when we have one on the bench, and have opted to play a defensive midfielder in that position instead. He is not commenting on the guys actual playing performance tonite - simply making an observation based on the available squad players.

Some really odd things happen on this thread. Keep seeing posts that were not there before suddenly appearing. When I posted the goal, I read the thread and there were no other posts, then all of a sudden several others appeared apparently earlier. Strange. Still I'll get over it I reckon...:confused:

I think you'll find that the point that AS is making is that he is unimpressed that we are not playing a natural CB in that position when we have one on the bench, and have opted to play a defensive midfielder in that position instead. He is not commenting on the guys actual playing performance tonite - simply making an observation based on the available squad players.

maybe JP thinks that he is better playing there than the other options. I realise that AP was saying that he didn't think that MS should play there when there were other options, but I am arguing that Schneiderlin playing at CB and Wotton in midfield actually is a stronger option than the other choices. Lets not comment on whether this is a good or bad move until we see how he does in this position. I've not seen any new signing play yet and I won't judge until I have, trying to keep an open mind. JP has a better idea of our squad and what players can do what than we do since he see them training and working and I'm happy to back his judgement.

I'm going to post this here as i cant start new threads....My mate is at the game, at the same hotel that Poortvliet and Hockaday were at earlier today, he chatted to Jan for a while this is what he has fed back to me (dont shoot the messenger!)

1.Rasiak is going to Watford for 1.7 Mil euros, he wanted to leave although JP wanted to keep him.

2. Rudi - No other offers apart from Ipswitch which he turned down to them offering him half the cash per wk then he is on with us. Go home to sort his head out, but will play for Saints again.

3. Dyer - Head all over the place at mo, not leaving.

4. John - not leaving unless a massive offer. Well up for the new season & playing for Saints.

5. Euell/Thomas/Davis - Open to offers as top earners at Saints. JP wants to keep kelvin.

6. A Davies- coming along well in training, although still a bit wary...pulling out of some challenges due to fear of another facial injury.

7. Mcgoldrick- Was going to Nottingham Forest as he is homesick - JP spoke to him after West Ham game and convinced him to stay.

8. Young players - Lowe sent communication to agents of young players stating NO youngster would be sold by Saints this season. (Due to Reading showing intrest in Drew & Liverpool in a young player i forget the name off-sorry)

9. Schneiederlin - has a 5 mil sell on clause, not linked/promised to another club.

10. JP worried Lowe may sell players with out his agreement/knowledge.

Read into this what you will - Enjoy and Up the Saints !

Has NickG ignored me? It wasn't too clear but I'll survive. Oh and the glory hunter comment - that was a joke. I'm sorry.

No! and not looking for baiting just honest football talk!

forum seems better!

Edited by NickG