Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

This can't be right. We are the best club in England outside of the top 4 with a billionaire owner with nice pictures of a possible new ground

Maybe he was upset that there would be no monkey chicken petting zoo in the concept art for the possible new stadium.

There's no Halfredsson at Heerenveen, there's a Finnbogasson at Heerenveen with whom we've been linked once on some obscure website and we've also been like with Halfredsson at some point but he's a midfieldr playing for Hellas Verona.

oops, got the two mixed up.

Not sure he is the player we need, a goalscorer he is but we need someone to lead from the front, thats not Defoe

Maybe, but last year whenever Lambert got marked out of the game and we ran dry in creating chances, how good would it have been if instead of a learning Rodriguez we could've got Defoe, one of the most famous impact players, on the pitch?

I would't pay any attention to the odds bookies are offering. They still have us favorites for Banega and Luke Shaw at only 6/1 to join Man Utd this transfer window. Cannot imagine why Roma would accept €3m less than what we offer. If they have it's a done deal for Spurs and he is on his way. Not too fussed, think J-Rod is going to have a massive season for us and will be the top scorer this season.

oops, got the two mixed up.

Its understandable, I saw Finnbogason play last weekend against NAC and although its was a poor match from both sides you could see he was a lot better then all the other players on the pitch. Not sure how much Heerenveen want for him but for about 5 million pounds he certainly worth a shot.

Disclaimer: Any "Steve de Ridder" arguments will be ignored by me because de Ridder was never as dominant in the Dutch league as Finnbogason is. If you're comparing Finnbogason and de Ridder you've not seen both of them play.

Not sure if its to do with Osvaldo but I would presume that something is in the offing as all of the saints PR crew have been exceptionally quiet on Twitter today and yesterday. They tend to say nothing than pretend they're up to nothing. Have to wait and see. May be a new hospitality / catering drive....... may be a new signing.

Not gonna happen is it.

Might be a blessing for all we know - if we keep on with this policy of trying to get to the best we possibly can, buying 2 or 3 real quality signings rather than 10 squad players, we will move on up the league in time. I don't buy into all this ******** about wasting time trying to get people who are unrealistic targets.

If we're trying to compete right at the top these things are going to happen - if we wanted Will Buckley he'd be here same day but we're targeting a higher level now.

http://cesololaroma.org/contact-pochettino-osvaldo-pour-southampton/

While Walter Sabatini and Mauro Baldissoni returned from their trip to England , the contacts seem to intensify his last hours between Southampton and entourage Pablo Osvaldo . After the AS Roma have accepted the offer of 18 million euros from the English club, the ball is now in the hands of the Italian-Argentine. If relatives are trying to convince to reach the destination, it's the coach Mauro Pochettino person who called in the Italian forward recently to ask him to rebuild their duo created two years ago to Espanyol. Osvalo-Premier League, decisive moments ...

Not sure if its to do with Osvaldo but I would presume that something is in the offing as all of the saints PR crew have been exceptionally quiet on Twitter today and yesterday. They tend to say nothing than pretend they're up to nothing. Have to wait and see. May be a new hospitality / catering drive....... may be a new signing.

Tweeted about Morgan's pre-match interview in the last hour

I would't pay any attention to the odds bookies are offering. They still have us favorites for Banega and Luke Shaw at only 6/1 to join Man Utd this transfer window. Cannot imagine why Roma would accept €3m less than what we offer. If they have it's a done deal for Spurs and he is on his way. Not too fussed, think J-Rod is going to have a massive season for us and will be the top scorer this season.

I don't get what people don't understand about this - is it just me or what?

Osvaldo sais to Roma "I AM NOT GOING TO SOUTHAMPTON" it's doesn't matter if we offer £16mil, £18mil or £24mil they can't make him go anywhere.

The reason Roma would be so willing to accept £3m less from Spurs is because they don't have a choice.

You can imagine Osvaldo saying about the Spurs offer "take it or leave it or let me go to Inter - I don't give a **** but I ain't going to Southampton so forget that idea"

I don't get what people don't understand about this - is it just me or what?

Osvaldo sais to Roma "I AM NOT GOING TO SOUTHAMPTON" it's doesn't matter if we offer £16mil, £18mil or £24mil they can't make him go anywhere.

Must have missed that quote, could you point us to the source?

Realistically this is looking less likely especially if the Spurs interest is genuine. I just hope our next option whoever that may be can be sorted quickly.

Our opening few fixtures brought a poor return in points from the corresponding teams last year so i feel we need to hit the ground running this time against these so called lesser teams.

Our chances of repeating the results against the big boys are going to be slim.

What a nightmare! The prospect of having to start with Rickie Lambert up front. His confidence must be shot to pieces after the week he's had ;-) Were doomed!!! Jeeez.

TalkSport Moose saying Big Sam is speaking to Defoe about transfer back to WHU

Have you ever seen the reception he gets when he goes back to WH?? they want to lynch him

This is the same Defoe that slapped in a transfer request the same day they got relegated from the premiership.

Latest update from Italian journo: Southampton wants at all costs Pablo Daniel Osvaldo. And in the last few hours there have been contacts between the player and the coach of the Saints Mauricio Pochettino that knows him from RCD Espanyol. This was revealed by Alfredo Pedullà is on the pages of its site: "Southampton has lifted an incredible pressure against Pablo Daniel Osvaldo. Roma striker are assigned other clubs, but days that we present of Southampton, including the written offer formalized yesterday and that implies a willingness to close. In the last few hours frantic contacts between coach Pochettino and Osvaldo: you know the time of Espanyol, there is mutual esteem. And so the Southampton hopes to Crown a long Chase

I've just been watching Sky Sport 24 (Italy's version of SSN) and what has been posted above was reported live by one of their guys from Roma's training ground. There is interest from Spurs, but nowhere near as strong as Saints and Pochettino has been in contact with Osvaldo in the last few hours attempting to convince him to come here. Osvaldo is still in Rome, and trained this morning.

I think I prefer the days when transfers were handled at a Holiday Inn near the M3 by the manager wearing a sheepskin coat, smoking a cigar and drinking a brandy, offering the player £400 per week. You only heard about it once he'd signed.

I cant cope the the information overload. Also if I have to read another google translation that looks like its been done by Yoda I think it will tip me over the edge.

We ARE trying for Osvaldo, but its very complicated.

I was hoping to hear that last bit of newsc/ o St. Charlie on Sky Italia about MP making personal contact with the player. That is the last thing we got left - i was expecting this at some point a bit earlier but hopefully its a strong plus in our favour for the player - possibly the strongest - and guess what - & btw this is for the " its always only about the money" crowd / if it was only all about the money he would already be a Saints player.

I doubt he can decide today but if he does and he's in- great- if not we still

Need another top class striker with goals in him, preferably ready now- not one for the future.

Have you ever seen the reception he gets when he goes back to WH?? they want to lynch him

This is the same Defoe that slapped in a transfer request the same day they got relegated from the premiership.

This is football fans were talking about, minute he signs he'll be 'one of us, born in the bow bells, luvvely jubbly' etc