Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

So loads of articles about him coming, line in sun rumours and signed for spurs?

Can't believe people are saying disappointing window??!!

Either not supported saints long or short memories.

We have England's CF! If he is injured sure the JRod of Liverpool game could do a job, even likes of Lallana - all good enough for top half attack.

I'm happy for club to chase targets to take us up a level but this line up doesn't make me disappointed about window..

Boruc

Clyne

Lovren

Yoshida

Shaw

Schneiderlin

VW

Ramirez

Lallana

JRod

Lambert

Perspective!

But never any in your posts. Do you speak in short-hand?

Curious!

:)

Quite precise with the wages offered. Looks to me like he's trying to squeeze us. Think his agent has been using his media contacts this past 24 hours. If the stories are true, Cortese will walk away from this deal at the end of today.

Big game of bluff going on at the moment.

I am not convinced this one will happen although I think it does show other clubs and players that we mean business in progressing. It is a tricky situation as not many international players are going to be content not playing CL in a world cup season. It may be case of another team rebuild to get to the next level. Just as Hammond, Harding, Butterfield got us promoted, maybe we now need players who can get us into the top seven and then after that rebuild again to hit even higher marks. But as has been said before.... evolution not revolution. We cant simply expect top, top, top players to be happy playing for a mid table Prem team regardless of ambition.

I am not convinced this one will happen although I think it does show other clubs and players that we mean business in progressing. It is a tricky situation as not many international players are going to be content not playing CL in a world cup season. It may be case of another team rebuild to get to the next level. Just as Hammond, Harding, Butterfield got us promoted, maybe we now need players who can get us into the top seven and then after that rebuild again to hit even higher marks. But as has been said before.... evolution not revolution. We cant simply expect top, top, top players to be happy playing for a mid table Prem team regardless of ambition.

This is what we are trying to do but they keep rejecting us.

Maybe MP is not the man to take us to the next level that we want ???

Coutinho and Osvaldo both played under him so why did they both reject the chance of linking up with him? I know Osvaldo is 50/50 but he has not jumped at the chance so far,if we cant attract a higher calibre of player that has played for him before how are we going to attract a player that quality that hasn't ??

This is what we are trying to do but they keep rejecting us.

Maybe MP is not the man to take us to the next level that we want ???

Coutinho and Osvaldo both played under him so why did they both reject the chance of linking up with him? I know Osvaldo is 50/50 but he has not jumped at the chance so far,if we cant attract a higher calibre of player that has played for him before how are we going to attract a player that quality that hasn't ??

I don't think it would be a much of an issue if there wasn't a world cup at the end of the season. As for MP not being the big attraction, I think if we were in the same league position as Spurs and could offer the same prospects then I think Osvaldo would come here. The other major drawback we have is that Southampton is not a very desirable cosmopolitan place to live. Harsh but nowhere near the appeal of London or even Manchester.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 9m

Twist in Inter story:indonesian billionaire Thohir officially saying it's his brother not him in Milan;no take over happening in this window

Hard to see Inter offering big wages or fee if their takeover is not going to be completed in time.

Realistically this is looking less likely especially if the Spurs interest is genuine. I just hope our next option whoever that may be can be sorted quickly.

Our opening few fixtures brought a poor return in points from the corresponding teams last year so i feel we need to hit the ground running this time against these so called lesser teams.

Our chances of repeating the results against the big boys are going to be slim.

If we had a bid of €3mill more accepted why would Roma miss out of that kind of money just to make the player happy? Is business there is no such things as being nice these days.....

That's what gets me, fair enough I can understand he wants to live in London but why would Roma accept a bid for €15m when we've bid (allegedly) €18m??

That's what gets me, fair enough I can understand he wants to live in London but why would Roma accept a bid for €15m when we've bid (allegedly) €18m??

...because they want to get rid of him...he's not coming here so what's better ...15 mil or nothing.

Haven't you ever played Football Manager?!!

Because they know if they accept Spurs offer that he will sign and so get him off the wage bill, where as they could get an extra €3mill from us but potentially not make the sale.

Have Benfica managed to sell Cardozo yet? Might be worth a punt albeit a costly one given his age.

Demba Ba is still available and unlikely to be needed at Chelsea

Lacina Traore of Anzhi, who are looking to sell off anyone that will bring in money.

Halfedsson from Heerenveen was linked not too long ago

Have Benfica managed to sell Cardozo yet? Might be worth a punt albeit a costly one given his age.

Demba Ba is still available and unlikely to be needed at Chelsea

Lacina Traore of Anzhi, who are looking to sell off anyone that will bring in money.

Halfedsson from Heerenveen was linked not too long ago

There's no Halfredsson at Heerenveen, there's a Finnbogasson at Heerenveen with whom we've been linked once on some obscure website and we've also been like with Halfredsson at some point but he's a midfieldr playing for Hellas Verona.