Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

What a transfer window Spurs have had!! Bale aside they have made some very tasty signings.

Fair play Spurs

Its not over yet i think we will probably still get him,

80 percent of reports are still suggesting ossie to saints not sure where these spurs rumours are coming from, maybe getting confused with spurs after lamela and pjanic. Plus why would ossie go there to play second fiddle to soldado?

80 percent of reports are still suggesting ossie to saints not sure where these spurs rumours are coming from, maybe getting confused with spurs after lamela and pjanic. Plus why would ossie go there to play second fiddle to soldado?

Agreed...I'm hoping its a lazy journalist putting 2 and 2 together and getting it wrong but if not at least half my season ticket's paid for...personally I'd rather have Banega and another centre half / utility defender

This will be a disappointing window if we don't sign a top class striker

Very!!

Was speaking to a Spurs and Swansea fan at the weekend.... They were talking about Soldado, Bony, Paulinho, Shelvy, Chadli, Amat yada yada yada.

Spurs fan even said they were going to get Osvaldo too and I said no chance weve been chasing him all summer! #mug

Starting to think all these high profile rumours was just a season ticket ploy! Gutted

Spurs tend to go about their business quietly and rumours only tend to come out last minute, then BOOOM they have signed him.

Think MoPo was naive in naming our targets 6 weeks ago?

Surely Spurs' interest would have been precedented in the Italian press before now, if it were genuine? First time I've seen Spurs listed as being interested and it comes at the last hour in The Sun...

Not unduly worried, still reckon he's ours.

Spurs tend to go about their business quietly and rumours only tend to come out last minute, then BOOOM they have signed him.

Think MoPo was naive in naming our targets 6 weeks ago?

I think saints are naive generally to go for these big name targets, they will always go to the sexy clubs.

The amount of time and effort wasted this summer in going after egos is worrying especially when Poch wanted everything sorted in July.

Wasn't sure about Osvaldo anyway although I wouldn't be surprised if the tabloids are getting confused with Lamela, who has been linked with Spurs along with Pjanic for ages. Vydra would have been the best striker signing to provide something different to what we already have but WBA were more decisive. Hopefully Rickie will start the season well after his England debut and J Rod might end his dry run. I'd like to see Mayuka get some game time in the first 3 games, we might as well find out if he is up to it after shelling out good money.

Sinclair still hasn't gone to WBA so I'm hopeful we are competing with them to bring him in. It should be a busy last couple of weeks as we are still a striker/wide player and CB short of seriously competing for a top 10 spot if that's the club's aim. Think we'll be 12-15th somewhere which would be a good season of consolidation IMO.

Osvaldo plays as a wide striker on the left or right as part of a front three supposedly - so as well as giving some competition to Soldado as centre forward he can also play alongside him.

And they'll need him if the get rid of Defoe and Adebayor

I think he will end up at Spurs - the pull of London and a team that will push for the title this year will be too great.

Besides at £17 million, 27 and with a dodgy temperament I'm not sure he's the best signing for us anyway - and I'd rather sign Lamela any day of the week - not that I think thats going to happen either.

Sometimes I think we are trying to run before we can walk with transfers.

Right now I'd be happy with John Guidetti and Scott Sinclair on loan from City and a new left back.

Osvaldo plays as a wide striker on the left or right as part of a front three supposedly - so as well as giving some competition to Soldado as centre forward he can also play alongside him.

And they'll need him if the get rid of Defoe and Adebayor

I think he will end up at Spurs - the pull of London and a team that will push for the title this year will be too great.

Besides at £17 million, 27 and with a dodgy temperament I'm not sure he's the best signing for us anyway - and I'd rather sign Lamela any day of the week - not that I think thats going to happen either.

Sometimes I think we are trying to run before we can walk with transfers.

Right now I'd be happy with John Guidetti and Scott Sinclair on loan from City and a new left back.

Spot on bar one point. The club need to stop wasting time on Osvaldo - even if he isn't going to Spurs he's trouble with a capital T - and focus on competing for Sinclair and Guidetti. Not sure about a new LB though - who is going to want to play reserve to Shaw? Better to get a decent CB to pair with Lovren who can cover the RB position if needed anyway, as can Cork. Clyne can cover LB.

Guidetta is to injury prone sadly. He was a promising talent a few years ago but now injuries has destoyed almost the two last years and can´t see any team going for him unless the City medical staff has made wonders with his rehab. It´s a shame since a fit Guidetta would walk into many PL teams starting 11´s - at least be bottom half teams. This guy was rusched to quick true the youth systems - hope this doesn´t happen to our young mr.Shaw

That Inter fan site article is fairly laughable. Little facts. This GF thing hasnt been refered to before either.

End of the day why would Roma loan out a player they have received an 18m offer for and to a rival? Answer is, they wouldn't.

If Inter really want him they can stump up the cash, but they won't.

Re the Sun article, the full version is also vague. Says Spurs hope to announce his signing but that Saints and Wolfsburg also want him.

My guess is it was a rehash of the Di Marzio stuff from yesterday afternoon where he suggested those two might still be keen.

End of the day, if Osvaldo wants to come here he will, if not he won't.

Hopefully that's this saga sorted today. That'll be weeks spent trying to sign two strikers who were always unrealistic targets. Think we could be waiting until the last day now to get a striker, not ideal with the season underway, especially with a favourable fixture list. Football transfers seem so much more complex and drawn out than they used to be!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Just one question.

What is the Sun's track record with rumours?

it goes against all the other sounds coming out of Italy. If Spurs were seriously interested then there would surely have been flagged up before now.

Spot on bar one point. The club need to stop wasting time on Osvaldo - even if he isn't going to Spurs he's trouble with a capital T - and focus on competing for Sinclair and Guidetti.

In fairness to the club, they do all their business behind closed doors so we have no idea what is going on (just look at the Lovren signing - first thing I knew about it was the announcement of his signing). I don't think that it takes too much time to send in an offer and have a meeting and I don't think that the club are so naive to think that they are going to get every target that they want.

If we don't sign a new forward, then are we really up **** creek? We seem to have

RL

JRod

Mayuka

Isgrove

It's risky going into the season presuming that Mayuka and Isgrove can bang them in on a regular basis, but maybe the coaching staff think that they can. JRod might also be thought of as being a risk, but we aren't completely toothless. At least they all want to play for Saints, which to me is important.