Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

This just now from someone who claims to have contacts in the game:

Talk Football @GoTalkFootball

Roma have accepted a deal for Osvaldo, they have persuaded him to move to Southampton even tho he's not keen on move. [18m euros] #Saintsfc

ShootingDog.jpg

Someone may already have posted this - in which case apologies - but here is a link to the full and somewhat worrying history of this player and his 'troubles'... It seems like a hell of a gamble bringing someone like this into such a grounded and team-focused squad...

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/6474?cc=5739

He has played at 5 different clubs and has had some "problems" in 1 of those, a team that perhaps has the toughest fans to please.....

Someone may already have posted this - in which case apologies - but here is a link to the full and somewhat worrying history of this player and his 'troubles'... It seems like a hell of a gamble bringing someone like this into such a grounded and team-focused squad...

Give me that passion and desire every time, those of us in the real world will not see kicking an ad board or confronting a team mate as "troubles". Having read that article I think want Pablo even more now, he is EXACTLY what our young side needs.

Did Mo have any trouble with him at Espanyol? I've not read or seen anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbendy View Post

This just now from someone who claims to have contacts in the game:

Talk Football @GoTalkFootball

Roma have accepted a deal for Osvaldo, they have persuaded him to move to Southampton even tho he's not keen on move. [18m euros] #Saintsfc

Osvaldo pictured at Rome airport just now catching a plane to Southampton

UrNujtC.jpg

11 yellow cards and 1 red card during his time at Espanyol (44 games), so not too bad in terms of discipline.

Seems to have been sent off on average about once a season throughout his career. Personally, I can live with that risk if he is weighing in with 15+ goals a season.

Makes really interesting and worrying reading. He's all we need to upset the apple cart and the wonderful friendly club team spirit. Seems he'd be more at home posting of here where ripping apart your fellow supporters rules of late/ :(

Give me that passion and desire every time, those of us in the real world will not see kicking an ad board or confronting a team mate as "troubles". Having read that article I think want Pablo even more now, he is EXACTLY what our young side needs.

Did Mo have any trouble with him at Espanyol? I've not read or seen anything.

You need to remember how some of our fan base reacted to Artur Boruc lobbing a water bottle against the advertising boards to see how much some people don't like anyone with a bit of fire in the belly.

You need to remember how some of our fan base reacted to Artur Boruc lobbing a water bottle against the advertising boards to see how much some people don't like anyone with a bit of fire in the belly.

Pablo looks like someone we could really go to war with, think our team could do with a bit of that.

Sign him.

Don't sign him.

I couldn't give a flying one any more - I just want know one way or another. This has dragged on for too long now.

:lol:

Good point mate, I'm sure if the club knew, they would base their transfer target and strategy around your patience levels!

Le offerte non mancano. Dall’Inghilterra, dalla Germania. Con la Roma sullo sfondo. Pablo Daniel Osvaldo e il futuro, tutto da decidere. L’attaccante giallorosso incontrerà il suo entourage nelle prossime ore, il Southampton resta fiducioso. Wolfsburg e Tottenham però non demordono, col club tedesco che nelle prossime ore potrebbe presentare una nuova proposta. Gli Spurs invece, con la cessione di Bale, avrebbero i soldi necessari per tentare l’assalto decisivo. Osvaldo attende e riflette. Tra Italia, Germania e Inghilterra.

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/osvaldo-il-southampton-e-fiducioso-ma-resistono-wolfsburg-e-tottenham/

Osvaldo will meet with his entourage in the next few hours to decide on his next destination. Saints are confident, but competition remains from Wolfsburg and Spurs.

I'm sure that as in English there are subtle nuances following the usage of words in various contexts.

Absolutely, I've only seen ceduto (cedere) in a footie context, vendere would be the normal word for sell. Whatever, the meaning is clear in this case. The player's choice remains to be seen though. If it means an Italian influx and somebody opening a pizzeria with a wood-fired oven in Southampton it would all be worth it!

Pretty sure the Spurs link is lazy journalism prompted by the Baldini Roma/Spurs connection.

If their interest is contingent on selling Bale then can't see them being ready to make their move just yet. Also, I reckon Lamela is probably the more suitable target given that they have already signed Soldado this window.

What is his problem with him moving to Southampton ffs, has he never heard of Bedford Place !!

Perhaps if saints throw in a free years pass on the Isle of Wight ferry it might swing things.

It's time to use our trump card and take him for a curry at the Corriander Lounge.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 3m

Southampton's target Osvaldo targeted again by abuses by Roma fans, who wrote on sidewalk in front of his house 'Osvaldo piece of s...'

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 4m

Osvaldo's gf replied on twitter attacking the fans who abused, and then posting a pic where she gave the middle finger

Come on Pablo and enjoy a bit quieter life where you will be loved.... ;)

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 3m

Southampton's target Osvaldo targeted again by abuses by Roma fans, who wrote on sidewalk in front of his house 'Osvaldo piece of s...'

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 4m

Osvaldo's gf replied on twitter attacking the fans who abused, and then posting a pic where she gave the middle finger

Come on Pablo and enjoy a bit quieter life where you will be loved.... ;)

Hey, I warming to him, and her in particular. She certainly won't put up with any grief from skates, or bompey pseudos will she ?

@tancredipalmeri: Osvaldo's gf replied on twitter attacking the fans who abused, and then posting a pic where she gave the middle finger

She seems quite a feisty young lady.

I sense some entertainment from these two,if he joins.

Perhaps the best husband and wife duo since Mr & Mrs Dennis many years ago.

And looking at her piccies, good job Pardew is not around to get caught up in any unseemly rumours.

Oh no, another one for the bloated complacent dullards to masterbate over whist she's doesn't even care they exist. Is sad the amount of mugs on here that get themselves at it over a professional athletes bird, a woman that whilst generally being no better than average with a good body and a good make up artist most significantly doesn't know or care you are even alive and if she did know you would undoubtedly think you are a vile letch anyway.

Oh no, another one for the bloated complacent dullards to masterbate over whist she's doesn't even care they exist. Is sad the amount of mugs on here that get themselves at it over a professional athletes bird, a woman that whilst generally being no better than average with a good body and a good make up artist most significantly doesn't know or care you are even alive and if she did know you would undoubtedly think you are a vile letch anyway.

You got all that from the word 'welcome!?' :lol: