Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

I like this bit

"Now the entourage of Osvaldo is trying to get him to say yes to Southampton will not be the top club he wanted but in the end London is not so far away."

Ha ha **** me we are desperate, all it is now is European football, large clubs/wage and London, nothing to do with what a club may or may not do, we need to get real pay a ****load or shut up.

I like this bit

"Now the entourage of Osvaldo is trying to get him to say yes to Southampton will not be the top club he wanted but in the end London is not so far away."

Ha ha **** me we are desperate, all it is now is European football, large clubs/wage and London, nothing to do with what a club may or may not do, we need to get real pay a ****load or shut up.

I like this bit

"Not far off London, you have a manager who knows you and can help you to the WC, they pay you better...etc."

Compared to going to Fulham which is in London...and supposedly the only offer from a London club (which I though dont think cause I cant see them offering £15m+ for a player yet)

Im not going to lie, and yes Id still be very excited about this signing if it happened... But..

I feel a little worried that he clearly isnt interested in us, added to this his previous 'issues' I hope if he does come he can settle quick and has no little hiccups.

Coming round to the real World now smirking?

Cheers ta.

Coming round to the real World now smirking?

Cheers ta.

Real world ? I thought this all along me old mucker, your of course free to twist things however you wish, but I was always sceptical after he snubbed us the second time.

In fact I remember saying 'money for us wont be the issue, it'll be convincing him that we are his best option' of which we probably arent

He really must not want to come here
Why? Any evidence to support this?
is we have offered way over the odds
Sorry, can you point us to a link for this claim? The quoted wages I've seen (c. 3m euros pa) seem if anything a little low for a player of his stature.
so maybe we should leave it.
Why come to that conclusion? You have nothing to substantiate what you are saying. In a few days (or even hours) we might find out whether you are correct in your guess. A tip for the future - if you don't know for sure, try adding some doubt into your post and be a little less definitive, eh? Just a thought.

All eggs in one basket!!!!

If we fail to complete this exhausting/marathon transfer Who is to blame for the Summer of inactivity?

Post fail.

If we fail to complete this transfer we will move to another, more attainable, and almost certainly already being assessed, target.

Most (top) players coming to England would but if you're joining Chelsea or Fulham chances are you'd be living somewhere around the Surrey/Hampshire border. Living in Southampton would only add about 30 minutes onto a commute into London, if he lived around Winchester even less. Southampton is only a 2 hour drive into 'central' London when the traffic's heavy (an hour on the train) and you can get to the top of the M3 in less than an hour.

There, where does he sign?

Calciomercato Roma, Osvaldo al Southampton per 18 milioniIl club giallorosso ha accettato l'offerta degli inglesi, adesso deve decidere il giocatore. Sotto esame anche le offerte per Lamela, Pjanic e De Rossi ROMA - Dopo aver rifiutato nell’ordine Southampton, Zenit, Wolfsburg e Benfica, Osvaldo sembra tornato sui suoi passi per quanto riguarda la squadra inglese che è arrivata ad offrirgli un quadriennale da 2,5 milioni di euro mentre il corrispettivo per la Roma è di 18 milioni più bonus. Osvaldo vorrebbe andare a giocare a Londra e il suo entourage sta tentando di convincerlo che in fondo Southampton è a sole due ore di auto dalla City.

Per approfondireSabatini dal Tottenham «Tottenham su Lamela» VIDEO De Rossi su Osvaldo Tutto sul mercato Seguici su Twitter Calciomercato Roma, Sabatini e Baldissoni a Londra dal Tottenham Ieri sera la Roma ha accettato l’offerta del Southampton. Oggi Osvaldo dovrà dare una risposta.

GLI ALTRI - Capitolo Lamela. E’ praticamente certo che Baldissoni e Sabatini abbiano un incontro con Franco Baldini con il quale sono rimasti in buoni rapporti nonostante il sofferto addio dell’ex dg ai primi di giugno. La Roma vuol capire se le voci di una maxi-offerta del Tottenham per Erik Lamela sono vere. E se, come sembra, Baldini metterà davvero sul tavolo i 35 milioni di euro per il talento argentino, allora Baldissoni e Sabatini dovranno prendere una decisione. Prendere (e naturalmente reinvestire secondo le esigenze di Garcia) o lasciare. I giallorossi vaglieranno anche eventuali offerte per Pjanic e De Rossi. Sul bosniaco c’è sempre il Tottenham mentre Daniele, com’è noto, piace al Chelsea di Mourinho anche se non è facile stabilire un valore di mercato alla luce del suo mega-ingaggio annuale di 6 milioni a stagione.

If this happens I will attend the first home game only to throw my season ticket at the dug-out. I just can't deal with this level of incompetence!

Ahhh...that's better.:)

I understand your frustration mate.... But be careful/patient. Saints home game is 24th and window still open for another week after this.

You'd feel stupid if we made a big signing after you've chucked your ticket?

Basingstoke - 1 hour to London, 45 mins from Marchwood.

But....these guys are rich enough to employ drivers, so does it really matter if it is 1 hour or 2 hours?

Someone who can talk his language; please can you get on twitter and point out to Osvaldo that Jonny Depp has a house in the area, and he can have his own pirate ship moored at Ocean Village. Job done. Watches are for chumps, it's all about the galleons these days.

Why? Any evidence to support this? Sorry, can you point us to a link for this claim? The quoted wages I've seen (c. 3m euros pa) seem if anything a little low for a player of his stature. Why come to that conclusion? You have nothing to substantiate what you are saying. In a few days (or even hours) we might find out whether you are correct in your guess. A tip for the future - if you don't know for sure, try adding some doubt into your post and be a little less definitive, eh? Just a thought.

If he wanted to come here I'm sure he would have stated it so by now?

This just now from someone who claims to have contacts in the game:

Talk Football @GoTalkFootball

Roma have accepted a deal for Osvaldo, they have persuaded him to move to Southampton even tho he's not keen on move. [18m euros] #Saintsfc

I like this bit

Why is it so important for him to be in London? What are his priorities? Better nightlife?

If he wanted to come here I'm sure he would have stated it so by now?

Why?

Why would he announce anything until he has made a decision. Imagine if he issued a statement saying 'I want to join Southampton' only to have to retract it when, say, Arsenal approach him tomorrow?

Cant say I am overjoyed about this bit "Roma have accepted a deal for Osvaldo, they have persuaded him to move to Southampton even tho he's not keen on move".

Don't worry about that - this doesn't have a quote to back it up, so is almost certainly guess work on behalf of some hack.

Why is it so important for him to be in London? What are his priorities? Better nightlife?

He seems like quite a cosmopolitan chap so London would be appealing for a number of reasons - culture, music, history, shopping, restaurants, urban living in general...

Bearing in mind he has spent the last 4-5 years living in Barcelona and Rome, living in or around Southampton would probably feel a bit of a come-down for him.

I have the solution guys.

As Martin O'Neil no longer needs his property in Winchester, Osvaldo could move in and therefore be nicely situated between Southampton and London :D

And he could have use of Paul Allen's yacht in Ocean Village. This is looking more likely all the time!

As someone who has lived abroad I can fully understand if Osvaldo has reservations, concerns or wishes about where he might end up living. It's not just a new football club. It's a new lifestyle. A huge decision.

If I was him though, it's a win win ain't it? Great league, manager who he knows, lots of Spanish speakers at the club, close to London, beautiful areas to live in, can move on to a better (London) club if he does well here, come on Pablo. Get over and sign!

Someone who can talk his language; please can you get on twitter and point out to Osvaldo that Jonny Depp has a house in the area, and he can have his own pirate ship moored at Ocean Village. Job done. Watches are for chumps, it's all about the galleons these days.

But we have to be careful there, if his house was too close he might refuse us as he'd want to get plenty of miles to the galleon.

As someone who has lived abroad I can fully understand if Osvaldo has reservations, concerns or wishes about where he might end up living. It's not just a new football club. It's a new lifestyle. A huge decision.

If I was him though, it's a win win ain't it? Great league, manager who he knows, lots of Spanish speakers at the club, close to London, beautiful areas to live in, can move on to a better (London) club if he does well here, come on Pablo. Get over and sign!

This is a bigger factor for mere mortals like us, These guys are coccooned in a bubble that surrounds rich top footballers. They don't have to worry about how long it will take them to get to work, how frequently the trains or busses run, where the shops are, how much a litre of Peroni or a pizza will cost.

All they pretty much have to do is turn up to training and play matches. If they want to sample the lifestyle they just have to ask their entourage to get the Porsche Cayenne out of the garage and drive them there.

If they don't want to embrace the lifestyle, they'll ensure they have enough of their own people to surround them and make them feel comfortable at home.

it means sold.

To give in or give up is Rinunciare. Submit is an odd word but it should be Presentare(verb) or Invia.

Surely Venduto is sold?

I'm only half Italian on my mother's side, and without asking her, I'm going on what I had picked up over the years without being fluent, but I would expect that the English translation had some origins from the Latin. Thus Ceduto = ceded, i.e given in to, whereas the venduto is based on vend (sell), therefore the past participle venduto = was sold. Rinunciare no doubt connected with renounce, whereas another verb for to give up is abbandonare, obviously in the sense of abandon.

I'm sure that as in English there are subtle nuances following the usage of words in various contexts.

Checking on cedere here pretty well supports my intuitive thoughts:- http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-italian/give%20up

This is a bigger factor for mere mortals like us, These guys are coccooned in a bubble that surrounds rich top footballers. They don't have to worry about how long it will take them to get to work, how frequently the trains or busses run, where the shops are, how much a litre of Peroni or a pizza will cost.

All they pretty much have to do is turn up to training and play matches. If they want to sample the lifestyle they just have to ask their entourage to get the Porsche Cayenne out of the garage and drive them there.

If they don't want to embrace the lifestyle, they'll ensure they have enough of their own people to surround them and make them feel comfortable at home.

It's obviously huuuuuugely easier for them with their wages, yeah. Which is why he should stop whinging and GTF over here (or should say there)! :D

Edited by niceandfriendly

Could we not just get him a Helicopter as a singing on bonus.

http://www.aso.com/listings/spec/ViewAd.aspx?id=146980&listingType=true&IsInternal=True&pagingNo=1&searchId=6565761&dealerid=]

£725,000

I'm sure he can afford to hire a pilot, probably what like two weeks wages for yearly chopper pilot salary.

Cruises at 140 mph, so it would get to central London in about 30 minutes from Southampton.