Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Isn't it ironic that on a day we are so ecstatic about our hero scoring for England there is still clamour for us to sign a player who will effectively replace him in our first team.

Or there is still clamour for us to sign a player that will provide him with compettion.

Why can't they play together?

I hope you're right,but for one thing MP showed no inclination to play him there last season behind Rodriguez, we won't sign a striker for 20m to sit on the bench. He can play behind Osvaldo and think he'd be good there, I wonder if MP agrees though? I can see him being used more as an option off the bench if Osvaldo joins.

I dont think he rates Rodriguez as a lone striker due to lack of strength. He´s got the pace but not the strength needed so I think he will be used as one of the three cuting in from the flank.....Rickie could take a step down to ACM with two out of Rodriguez/Ramirez/Lallana/Puncheon besides him....

I dont think he rates Rodriguez as a lone striker due to lack of strength. He´s got the pace but not the strength needed so I think he will be used as one of the three cuting in from the flank.....Rickie could take a step down to ACM with two out of Rodriguez/Ramirez/Lallana/Puncheon besides him....

He's not mobile enough to play as an attacking midfielder, I could see him being a Sheringham type player but that would mean changing up system and we all know the Southampton way is to play the same system from the first team down to the youth, so unlikely to happen.

We only play with one striker.

This.

Don't think Rodriguez's finishing is good enough, but that's probably a debate for another day.

Isn't it ironic that on a day we are so ecstatic about our hero scoring for England there is still clamour for us to sign a player who will effectively replace him in our first team.

That's not how I see it. Both of them in the same squad gives us more possibility. Rickie is a versatile player, I would hope they could complement each other.

That's not how I see it. Both of them in the same squad gives us more possibility. Rickie is a versatile player, I would hope they could complement each other.
I'd hope that Lambert would still have a very involved role for us, but you do realise why we're potentially going to be paying £20M +

£3m a year wages? It's not to rotate that striker, the expectation will be that Osvaldo is our main striker, simple as that.

I'd hope that Lambert would still have a very involved role for us, but you do realise why we're potentially going to be paying £20M +

£3m a year wages? It's not to rotate that striker, the expectation will be that Osvaldo is our main striker, simple as that.

And as Rickie has proved in his time with us, that he is more then just a finisher, I would be happy that they will both have a part to play. We need that depth in strength to move up.

And as Rickie has proved in his time with us, that he is more then just a finisher, I would be happy that they will both have a part to play. We need that depth in strength to move up.
I'd like to see him play behind the main striker, think he'd be great at that.

Good-ish effort at trolling, but I kind of feel you're losing your touch a bit, no?

Good-ish effort at trolling, but I kind of feel you're losing your touch a bit, no?

Not trolling at all. Although no surprise its dismissed as that because people wont want to believe it. Do you think we're spending £20m in a striker to sit on the bench then?

Edited by Turkish

I'd like to see him play behind the main striker, think he'd be great at that.

Yep I agree, but that would mean changing our system, would we do that? It won't just be the first team that does that in that case as the whole point of 'the Southampton way' is everyone plays the same system throughout the club. You also then have 4 players in Lambert, Ramiez, Lallana and Davis whose best position in the same attacking midfield come deep lying striker role. With the way MP wants us to Play, high energy, pressure high up the pitch and that isn't Lamberts game. Should Osvaldo sign I'd be very surprised if Lambert started many games this season.

http://romanews.eu/it,a116571/Osvaldo-Accordo-Southampton,m40?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UltimeNotizie-Romanewseu+%28Ultime+notizie+-+RomaNews.eu%29

PRESS RELEASE - Baldissoni and SABATINI are in London for two days for a full immersion in the market. The main mission is to give OSVALDO , but you also should evaluate offers for DE ROSSI, PJANIC and LAMELA . As you read on Il Corriere dello Sport (R.Boccardelli) , the Italian-Argentine refused all proposals arriving in Rome , but you are trying to convince him to accept the SOUTHAMPTON , which offers more than 18 million bonus to the Giallorossi and a four- 2.5 million per season to the bomber. By now the number 9 romanista must respond with the agents who are pushing for the transfer, focusing on the fact that the much-dreamed London is not too far from the city of the Saints.

So they´ve been watching Google maps to see that London is not too far away??

I'd love to see us sign a top class striker, added to the good players we already have such an addition could well nigh guarantee our PL survival and (quite possibly) push us up into a top ten finish this season. What I'm not so in love with is seeing this grand old club trying to persuade a series of reluctant foreign players to sign on who fundamentally don't really want to come here because they don't happen to think we're 'big' enough for them.

If we do end up signing this particular Carlos Kickaball then he better start sweating blood for this club because a long hot summer of all this tiresome 'will he/won't he' business is starting to to seriously irritate me now.

http://romanews.eu/it,a116571/Osvaldo-Accordo-Southampton,m40?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UltimeNotizie-Romanewseu+%28Ultime+notizie+-+RomaNews.eu%29

PRESS RELEASE - Baldissoni and SABATINI are in London for two days for a full immersion in the market. The main mission is to give OSVALDO , but you also should evaluate offers for DE ROSSI, PJANIC and LAMELA . As you read on Il Corriere dello Sport (R.Boccardelli) , the Italian-Argentine refused all proposals arriving in Rome , but you are trying to convince him to accept the SOUTHAMPTON , which offers more than 18 million bonus to the Giallorossi and a four- 2.5 million per season to the bomber. By now the number 9 romanista must respond with the agents who are pushing for the transfer, focusing on the fact that the much-dreamed London is not too far from the city of the Saints.

So they´ve been watching Google maps to see that London is not too far away??

Are Roma skint? They seem to be trying to flog all their best players.

Are Roma skint? They seem to be trying to flog all their best players.

It´s all very weird. They have new owners but maybe it´s because they missed out on playing in Europe this year that puts them in a position where they need to save money. Could be players on high wages....?

But a player like Lamela wouldn´t have a very high wage in my opinion, young player that has had one season and I haven´t seen any reports of renegotiated contract for him during the summer.....Would think they prefer to sell Pjanic though...

Although he's a bit older than we usually go for what a top summer of signings that would be. Lovren, Wanyama, Osvaldo + Luke Shaw on a 5 year contract.

Lets hope that deadline bit is right though, as we need to move on to other targets if he's set against it.

Darren Bent is having a medical at Fulham apparently' date=' hopefully that means the end of their interest.[/quote']

I doubt Fulham's interest ever really got started. Since Khan, the new owner came in, they've signed Taraabt on loan and hesitated long before shelling out on Bent. He's not splashing the cash. Their big-money deal this season is going to be a new stand overlooking the river.

Think you're mistaking irony with you desperately looking for something to beat your fellow fans with...again.

Okay Adrian, however you want it.

There absolutely isn't a clamour on here to sign a £20m player that plays in the same position as Lambert.

Okay Adrian, however you want it.

There absolutely isn't a clamour on here to sign a £20m player that plays in the same position as Lambert.

I thought towards the end of last season Lambert looked bloody shattered. He has to do a huge amount of work up front on his own and i think we need somebody else to take some of the load off his shoulders, and Lambert is a clever enough player for us to play the two of them together at times as well.

We tweaked formations regularly last season and don't see why we won't do the same this season. And that doesn't account for injuries either

I doubt Fulham's interest ever really got started. Since Khan, the new owner came in, they've signed Taraabt on loan and hesitated long before shelling out on Bent. He's not splashing the cash. Their big-money deal this season is going to be a new stand overlooking the river.

Far be it from me to tell an architect his job, but surely there would be merit in having the new stand overlooking the pitch?