Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Didn't Ramirez claim (honestly) that he'd joined us because of the money we were offering him? If so, one would think Cortese would lull Osvaldo in using this same tactic. Money talks. Even if he doesn't particularly want to be here, I think Osvaldo would soon come round to the idea once he sees what we're building here...

we don't want another player coming here for the money only and then not being arsed to put the required effort in. Ramirez was a big mistake till he proves me wrong

Would play the Totti role that Osvaldo is used to, I'd think. False 9.

Who came up with this false 9 bollo*cks? Was it sky, Talk sport or Soccerball AM or some other sh*te house production?

False 9, **** me, its just a player who plays a bit deeper and isn't an out and out centre forward.

I'd never even heard 'false number 9'.

Tekkers is a very useful term to quickly determine who never to talk to again.

Same with 'worldy', which is 99% Merson's fault but even MLT is guilty of it now. Most annoying to me is Kamara. If everything is unbelievable, nothing is unbelievable. I used to like Soccer Saturday a lot, but it'd be nice if they could do it without any catchphrases.

Not as annoying as the name 'Adrian'.

I agree about false 9, really gets on my nerves, what's wrong with saying attacking midfielder?

They generally arent AMs.

False 9 was invented in some glossy new coaching manual in an attempt to explain the way a certain player needs to play. Essentially I reckon someone just said 'he plays just behind the front man, not exactly a number 9' etc bla bla bla

There are loads like this and will probably be more as roles evolve etc

I'd never even heard 'false number 9'.

Tekkers is a very useful term to quickly determine who never to talk to again.

Same with 'worldy', which is 99% Merson's fault but even MLT is guilty of it now. Most annoying to me is Kamara. If everything is unbelievable, nothing is unbelievable. I used to like Soccer Saturday a lot, but it'd be nice if they could do it without any catchphrases.

You get annoyed quite easily dont you adrian ?

The Southampton face seriously for Osvaldo know by day, we told it step by step. Coming soon a written offer to Rome, Pochettino is first on the list, pressing you are highlighting. The Chairman of Southampton is holidaying in Italy, striker's agents in Rome. The last word in Osvaldo: the written offer, it's time for decisions

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alfredopedulla.com%2Farticoli%2F27138-esclusiva-osvaldo-offerta-scritta-del-southampton

Could I make a request? Just post the article in Italian, rather than putting it through a gash translator. There are a few posters on here who speak decent enough Italian (myself included), some fluent (not me!) that can translate far better!

Or you could go to the link and go from there. ;) x

Isn't it ironic that on a day we are so ecstatic about our hero scoring for England there is still clamour for us to sign a player who will effectively replace him in our first team.

You think?

I think we will play Rickie as a false 9.

Sometimes to hard to resist m8 :)

You think?

I think we will play Rickie as a false 9.

Sometimes to hard to resist m8 :)

I hope you're right,but for one thing MP showed no inclination to play him there last season behind Rodriguez, we won't sign a striker for 20m to sit on the bench. He can play behind Osvaldo and think he'd be good there, I wonder if MP agrees though? I can see him being used more as an option off the bench if Osvaldo joins.