Banned from SMS

miserableoldgit

I have known D C for a long time, he is a local business man of many years standing and you could not wish to meet a more pleasant bloke.

Many 'pleasant' people turn into mouthy, agressive a*holes when they have a little too much to drink, ya know!! :D..............(am not saying he was drunk, i was just making an observation)...:)

Thanks NorthamSaint. This thread can continue safe in the knowledge that we're not being libelous towards the cowardly, cold-hearted ****, who deserves to never set foot in SMS again.

I will from now on, be using DC as the lowest form of insult, as in:

"You know, alpine, you're a real DC"

I trust it won't attract an infraction...

I have known D C for a long time, he is a local business man of many years standing and you could not wish to meet a more pleasant bloke.

My 5 year old daughter was pushed to the ground by a female steward last season.

I wrote a letter of complaint to the club but as yet(6 months later) they have not replied.

I will not step foot in the stadium this season and neither will my kids.

My 5 year old daughter was pushed to the ground by a female steward last season.

I wrote a letter of complaint to the club but as yet(6 months later) they have not replied.

So how does something like that happen? I doubt that the stewards go out to knock kids over.Could it have been an accident?

Sorry to hear about your experience but your subsequent reaction could be interpretted by some as 'cutting off nose to spite face'.

Not my opinion....just an observation

I cant work this out, you were videoing the steward pushing your daughter.Surely you should have been supervising, or have I got it wrong?

Yeah it does sound a bit odd. Why would you be videoing someone assaulting your daughter? I get the feeling we aren't being told the full story here.....

Not trying to defend him in anyway but the Derek Caplen I know he will deeply regret his actions that day.

He kept Brendon FC going for a number of years which had Tyro and youth teams he paid for the upkeep of the changing rooms at Test Park after they kept being vandalised.

Not trying to defend him in anyway but the Derek Caplen I know he will deeply regret his actions that day.

He kept Brendon FC going for a number of years which had Tyro and youth teams he paid for the upkeep of the changing rooms at Test Park after they kept being vandalised.

TBH I can't comprehend how anyone could do that. Whatever state of mind I was in I just wouldn't do something like that. I don't know anyone who could either.

Its odd how they seem 2 different people as the 2 events could not be further apart.

Its odd how they seem 2 different people as the 2 events could not be further apart.

Lets just say a bad debt with no sign of being paid (my opinion only) he took the law into his own hands in a most nasty way instead of going through the courts. As I have said he has done a lot of good work for the local community.

Lets just say a bad debt with no sign of being paid (my opinion only) he took the law into his own hands in a most nasty way instead of going through the courts. As I have said he has done a lot of good work for the local community.

sorry,but bad debt or not the bloke must have a fvckin screw loose to do something as low as interupt a kids funeral.perhaps banning him from running a business would be more appropriate if he gets that upset every time somebody maces him.

Which has generated him and his business a lot of press. Do a google or what ever search and he loves press coverage.

One bad thing and all the good is cancelled out. What if it was one of his relatives ?

i have shown my ex partner (who came round to visit the kids) this thread, and the original news report attatched in POST 1......my ex used to steward in the Junior Saints (family enclosure) section of SMS.....as soon as the news report started he turned round and said to me ,and i quote,"oh, that ***t!!!"....

when i asked him what he meant by that he went on to remind me of a few (ie,more than one) incidents involving this man in which he would CONSTANTLY swear at the players, and be abusive to ANYONE who asked him to tone down his colourful language (stewards and fellow supporters alike).....he was given warning after warning about his behaviour, and would not take heed.....

i do not know if this is the reason that he was banned,obviously, only the powers that be would know for sure, but whilst being ejected from the ground he ,allegedly, punched a steward.....now i know a lot of you are gonna go on about "most stewards are pr1cks,so probably deserved it" etc, but just bear in mind that this was in the Family Section, an area that virtually NEVER sees any trouble, and the stewards there normally have no need to be heavy handed or suffer from the Little Hilter Syndrome.....

this bloke seems to have a MAHOOSIVE chip on his shoulder, and why on earth he would want to go on TV and bring,what would inevitably be, negative attention to himself is beyond me.....

serious thought tho, if Toomer is so sure that he is such a nice bloke, yet there are so many posts to the contrary,could he possibly suffer from a split personality???.......or is he just an egotistical,attention seeking,self pitying,foul-mouthed c*nt????:confused:

And Awaysaint1, any chance of seeing this video of yours.......would be interesting to see what/how it happened........

Edited by saint boggy

But then again

http://www.abbotswood.org.uk/print/papronsp.htm good and bad in everyone

Different spelling for each but looks like same bloke.

so, hang on........he sponsored a school newsletter, (with advertising space for HIS company,no doubt) and upholstered a BENCH! (probably with his company logo on somewhere) and all of a sudden he's Mother Teresa?????.......

Well Mr Caplen has now had his character thoroughly probed on this forum (deservedly or not). But surely the real point is that SFC has the right to refuse admission to anyone as long as they (the club) are not acting in a manner that contradicts the law (for example, by being racist or sexist). Whether their reasons for doing so would be enough to secure a criminal conviction is irrelevant - if they don't want him, they don't have to have him. They don't seem to want him. And as Mr Caplen says he doesn't want to go anyway, I wonder why this was thought to be worthy of a couple of minutes on BBC TV.

Edited by itchen
clarity

Does he suffer from a split personality?, well once he held up traffic in his van with a knife to his throat complaining to dr's that the medication he was on wasn't working

is this for real??? :confused:....(ps, just as a precaution, i think you should've used the word "allegedly" in there somewhere..........quick, edit it in now, no-one will notice)

if what you say above is a factual account then this man should not have been given the time of day and i am most annoyed that the BBC have spent God knows how much of our licence fee on this waster..........(obviously, im not saying that because he (possibly) has a mental health problem he is a waster, but you know what i mean)........

I managed to get hold of video that shows it,I dont wont to go in to details if thats ok.
All due respect and all that but you came on here telling us a steward had pushed your daughter over and wiahing to get us against the club and now you wish to not go into the details.Thats not right, surely.

All due respect and all that but you came on here telling us a steward had pushed your daughter over and wiahing to get us against the club and now you wish to not go into the details.Thats not right, surely.

Aye...does smack a bit of eating a bag of Maltesers in front of a small hungry child without offering him one.

But I guess prerogatives are prerogatives at the end of the day.

Aye...does smack a bit of eating a bag of Maltesers in front of a small hungry child without offering him one.

But I guess prerogatives are prerogatives at the end of the day.

Yep, it does weaken any sympathy.

Does anybody know what happened about the the main steward in the carpark last season.There was a furore about him pushing a grandfather and grandson or something?