2nd hand games on the new Xbox One

PaulSaint

So what does Microsoft do to tackle the popularity of the free or £0.69p game - massively increase the cost of 2nd hand games, new games are also expected to cost £49 ! Maybe they think the downturn has ended?

Here

I Quote - "If you want to trade in an Xbox One game you will need to find a shop that has agreed to Microsoft's terms and is therefore connected to the Xbox One cloud.

The game will be registered as traded in and will be wiped from your Xbox Live account. The shop can resell it for whatever price it likes but the game's publisher now takes a cut and so does Microsoft, a source-based MCV report revealed.

Anyone buying that second-hand game will need to pay an activation fee of £35, a separate unconfirmed report on ConsoleDeals.co.uk claimed."

Edited by PaulSaint
added stuff

I think this is a massive blunder on their part. The only way they'll get away with it is if companies like Sony follow suit. They're basically engineering a system so that games have no value to the customer after purchase. Dealbreaker for me if those prices are accurate.

I think this is a massive blunder on their part. The only way they'll get away with it is if companies like Sony follow suit. They're basically engineering a system so that games have no value to the customer after purchase. Dealbreaker for me if those prices are accurate.

If Sony do it as well then I'm not buying either or I'll wait till they jailbreak them and allow me access for free.

• 4 weeks later...