Ticket details online

RedWillie

As a few posters have said already,i think £30 for a ticket is far too expensive.

I have had a ST throughout the bad times and believe me ive seen some very bad times.

Would have been nice for the club to have said £20 for those who are ST holders as a thankyou,but i suppose i wont hold my breath while Lowes still here.

lol@allyoutitsmoaningaboutpaying£30

that is cheap, ****ing cheap. When we were in the Prem it was £32 minimum to see these games, on top of the ST which was in excess of £500. If we get back to the prem you lot are guna be shocked at teh prices.

BTW, don't have a ST or Membership. however i will either be in a box or in Hospitality, i a considering which invitaion to take.

that is cheap, ****ing cheap. When we were in the Prem it was £32 minimum to see these games, on top of the ST which was in excess of £500. If we get back to the prem you lot are guna be shocked at teh prices.

BTW, don't have a ST or Membership. however i will either be in a box or in Hospitality, i a considering which invitaion to take.

Barto we are not in the Premiership anymore and £30 is far too much to pay to see Manure rip us to pieces.

I expect our ST prices to rise if we are ever promoted,but the way we are taken for granted and the fact i have to pay the same price as a New Forest supporting Manure fan is totally wrong.

Man u fan obviously.

Barto we are not in the Premiership anymore and £30 is far too much to pay to see Manure rip us to pieces.

I expect our ST prices to rise if we are ever promoted,but the way we are taken for granted and the fact i have to pay the same price as a New Forest supporting Manure fan is totally wrong.

The club have to agree the pricing with Manu who get 45% of the take.

Don't you wish though they could come up with a pricing and allocation process which would please evryone?

I cant see what people are moaning about.

If you want to go then you will be able to - as there was only 14000 last home match.

If you are a ST holder then you have been rewarded by having the option to buy 2

£30+ - going rate for top teams visiting SMS a few years back.

I just hope we dont lose 4-0

I cant see what people are moaning about.

If you want to go then you will be able to - as there was only 14000 last home match.

If you are a ST holder then you have been rewarded by having the option to buy 2

£30+ - going rate for top teams visiting SMS a few years back.

I just hope we dont lose 4-0

How is that a reward?

Price is spot on IMO. People need to remember a couple of things - this is Manchester United we are playing, not some mid-table Championship team, and they will have had some input on the price too.

Whoever it was commenting on Birmingham doing free tickets for the Wolves match - do you really think they'd have done that if they'd drawn Man Utd!? Highly unlikely.

Not quite sure about this 2 for season ticket holders thing though. It is a bit unfair on members who've been to most/all games and could potentially get screwed over by this. Season ticket holders should get priority for their own seats, quite rightly so, but I don't see why they should get priority on extra tickets too, even more so with Man Utd being the opposition.

Let the members with x number of games on their record have first dibs, THEN the season ticket holders can get extras. That's how it always used to be, and it's the fairest way in my book.

REALITY CHECK TIME

man utd v's BLACKBURN carling cup QUATER FINAL

foster

o'shea neiville evens rafael

nani gibson possebon anderson

giggs tevez

this is man utds second team playing against a premiership team in the quater final!

what the hell do you think they will put out against us!

£30 for a ticket, you are having a laugh

The club have to agree the pricing with Manu who get 45% of the take.

Don't you wish though they could come up with a pricing and allocation process which would please evryone?

Yes i do wish that Faz.

I just think the club have missed a chance to say thanks to ST holders and maybe encourage a few more back into the fold.

I have to buy three STs which is a lot of money to pay upfront,then after i have bought them,the free bus is stopped and the reserve team suddenly become the first team.Ok thats the chance i take,but now not only do i have to move my seat(block 42),i am now asked to pay nearly £100 to hear plastic Manure supporters cheering everytime they score.

Why do i bother to get a ST?

One last thing, I hope that the Ticket Office release a statement saying that anyone who gets a second ticket for a fan is responsible for them, and their season tickets will be revoked if they sell them on to Mancs.

Knowing our fanbase there will be loads of mongs who do exactly that.

On a sidenote, I have inherited loads of new friends, ticket requests for this one are well into double figures, to be fair as well, most of them are from decent Saints lads who didn't get a ST but attend almost every home and away game all season, gotta feel for them.

I can't help but think that the Ticket Office have made a boob on allowing 2 tickets per STH

One last thing, I hope that the Ticket Office release a statement saying that anyone who gets a second ticket for a fan is responsible for them, and their season tickets will be revoked if they sell them on to Mancs.

Knowing our fanbase there will be loads of mongs who do exactly that.

On a sidenote, I have inherited loads of new friends, ticket requests for this one are well into double figures, to be fair as well, most of them are from decent Saints lads who didn't get a ST but attend almost every home and away game all season, gotta feel for them.

I can't help but think that the Ticket Office have made a boob on allowing 2 tickets per STH

Ditto Stu, same old **** from the ticket office.

You're jumping the gun a bit, Man Utd would have had a say as they take 50% of the receipts.

I don't agree with the ST holders taking one more ticket as we could have a stadium full of Mancs. Alot of our hardcore fanbase who go every week won't hold a ST or membership (what's the incentive when we only half fill the stadium??), yet they will have last pickings if it ever makes general sale. A ST holders mate is taking priorty over said fans, seems wrong IMO.

Agree with S/Ts not getting an extra ticket. Mine will be going to a fellow London Saint but am sure a few will be going in the wrong direction.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my disappointment with the ticketing policy that has been put in place for the Manchester United game. It is right that season ticket holders should get priority for tickets over members. However it is not right that season ticket holders should be able to buy tickets for their family and friends over those members that have been attending games this season.

It is well documented that many fans are boycotting the club. As a member I have been to many games this season. Yet this ticketing policy will see people getting priority for tickets who:

a) are Saints fans who have not attended games this year

b) are football fans with no specific allegiance to either team

c) are Manchester United fans who know Saints fans

All of the above will potentially have access to tickets before loyal members simply on the basis of their knowing season-ticket holders. I would suggest that if these people want tickets they should have been attending matches this season in the first place.

I do not disagree with your pricing or your decision to link ticket sales to other games. However offering two tickets to season ticket holders is not fair. You should have discounted the tickets sold to season ticket holders and then charged higher prices to non-members to off-set the overall difference in revenue. This way you would have rewarded season-ticket holders for their loyalty and investment and also ensured that members get priority over those people who have not attended games or become members.

Supporting Saints has hardly been a pleasant or enjoyable experience for the last few seasons. To effectively tell people who have consistently been to games both home and away that they are less valuable to the club than the friends and family of season ticket holders who are not members and have not been attending games themselves is not fair.

Yours sincerely,

Super Ken

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to express my disappointment with the ticketing policy that has been put in place for the Manchester United game. It is right that season ticket holders should get priority for tickets over members. However it is not right that season ticket holders should be able to buy tickets for their family and friends over those members that have been attending games this season.

It is well documented that many fans are boycotting the club. As a member I have been to many games this season. Yet this ticketing policy will see people getting priority for tickets who:

a) are Saints fans who have not attended games this year

b) are football fans with no specific allegiance to either team

c) are Manchester United fans who know Saints fans

All of the above will potentially have access to tickets before loyal members simply on the basis of their knowing season-ticket holders. I would suggest that if these people want tickets they should have been attending matches this season in the first place.

I do not disagree with your pricing or your decision to link ticket sales to other games. However offering two tickets to season ticket holders is not fair. You should have discounted the tickets sold to season ticket holders and then charged higher prices to non-members to off-set the overall difference in revenue. This way you would have rewarded season-ticket holders for their loyalty and investment and also ensured that members get priority over those people who have not attended games or become members.

Supporting Saints has hardly been a pleasant or enjoyable experience for the last few seasons. To effectively tell people who have consistently been to games both home and away that they are less valuable to the club than the friends and family of season ticket holders who are not members and have not been attending games themselves is not fair.

Yours sincerely,

Super Ken

Hi Super Ken,

Shut up and stop moaning you old c**t.

Yours sincerely

SFC

Thank you for your email.

Allowing our season ticket holders 2 tickets for this game is a way of rewarding them for their loyalty.

Given that we have 10, 000 season ticket holders, the policy will mean a maximum of 20,000 tickets sold. After the away end has been taken into consideration, this leaves nearly 8,000 seats to sell. If we remove the corporate area from this, that leave 6,500 tickets. We have 5000 members, so there will be plenty of tickets for all who wish to come.

I do hope this makes the policy a little clearer

Best wishes

David

David Luker

Head of Supporter Services

I hadn't realised the membership base had shrunk quite so much. Anyway its all good.

And Scott...why don't you grow up and stop playing the internet warrior? Tit.

Phil

my guess is that you would be able to get hold of a ticket, but if not people have known for years that for any glamour games season ticket holders and members would be looked after first - its like insurance if you don't pay your tenner chances are you won't lose out but when these games come along you need it.

...that leave 6,500 tickets. We have 5000 members

So, the Number of members is less than the outstanding number of tickets available before general sale. This means there's no need to buy a twinned ticket to be sure of getting one. A bit sneaky really.

I'm surprised at the small number of members, there must have 20-30k members back in the premiership days.

Allowing our season ticket holders 2 tickets for this game is a way of rewarding them for their loyalty.

Given that we have 10, 000 season ticket holders, the policy will mean a maximum of 20,000 tickets sold. After the away end has been taken into consideration, this leaves nearly 8,000 seats to sell. If we remove the corporate area from this, that leave 6,500 tickets. We have 5000 members, so there will be plenty of tickets for all who wish to come.

Best wishes

David

David Luker

I think the club has got the ticket distribution about right. If you are a ST holder or member then you can get one. And I expect there will be several thousand for general sale.

PS Lowe out!

As neither a ST or member due to work commitments, but having only missed 2 home games and 4 away games this season, and being one who froze my ******** off watching coventry and plymouth on cold evenings, looks like i'll have to watch this from my TV as cant see me getting a ticket at all

Phil if you send me your contact details, as a fellow Fareham Saint I may be able to help you out.

I'd like to offer some hope to those (with a database record) hoping to get a ticket on open sale.

This isn't very scientific, but in my dept (including a colleagues wife) we have 4 members, and only one intends going to this game.

As I say, not scientific, but I'd say be ready to get on the phone or be at the ticket office on open day. All is not lost by any means.

For the record, I shall be a no show for this one. No interest. I paid full whack for my Forest ticket months ago and am eagerly awaiting the availability of the Reading game via web - these are proper games that actually matter after all. But that's me.

So, the Number of members is less than the outstanding number of tickets available before general sale. This means there's no need to buy a twinned ticket to be sure of getting one. A bit sneaky really.

I'm surprised at the small number of members, there must have 20-30k members back in the premiership days.

I was surprised we had that many considering that there was unlikely to be any point.

To those who say "I go week in week out anyway" should consider this - if that is true, why did you not get a ST or at least a membership? This game is a prime example of why you should get one or the other, and to be honest you only have yourselves to blame if you cannot get tickets.

There are lots of requests for the club to do more to reward it's "loyal" supporters - it has done so now by pretty much ensuring them a ticket to this game, so well done to the club. The ticketing policy for this match was 100% spot on, including the prices.

To those who say "I go week in week out anyway" should consider this - if that is true, why did you not get a ST or at least a membership? This game is a prime example of why you should get one or the other, and to be honest you only have yourselves to blame if you cannot get tickets.

There are lots of requests for the club to do more to reward it's "loyal" supporters - it has done so now by pretty much ensuring them a ticket to this game, so well done to the club. The ticketing policy for this match was 100% spot on, including the prices.

Totally wrong from a basic point of retail marketing. 29 quid rather than 30. When will the club learn any basic high street principles especially as it will not cash on the day. I do wonder if they have a clue about PR?

Best wishes

David

David Luker

That's not rewarding season ticket holders

A discount would be rewarding them

Thanks for spending £500 up front everybody, now as a thanks you can buy an extra ticket at full price for the FA Cup

Cheers Dave

what did you expect?

if they had priced it at £26 you would have saved £4, the club would have had over £100,000 less

If theses ****s at the club had not ****ed it up in the first place then we wouldn't be worrying about £100,000.

So the lowe puts us in the **** & we the fans have to pay top doller to watch our club.

WHat a nightmare this ticket booking lark is.

The phone just keeps cutting me off after waiting on there for 5 minutes, Online booking is not selling the block I want! Even the block next to it I have gone through the ticket request about 10 times trying to get them to pick suitable seats, I thought the new ticket system was in that would allow us to book tickets online seat by seat?

I want to be in Block 2 near the back, I can't get block 2 and the furthest to the back it will pick on the 'upper' option is row R!

FFS!!!!

The phone just keeps cutting me off after waiting on there for 5 minutes, Online booking is not selling the block I want! Even the block next to it I have gone through the ticket request about 10 times trying to get them to pick suitable seats, I thought the new ticket system was in that would allow us to book tickets online seat by seat?

I want to be in Block 2 near the back, I can't get block 2 and the furthest to the back it will pick on the 'upper' option is row R!

FFS!!!!

Use this number. 01271 335708, i was trying to usual booking line but like you it just kept telling me the line was busy & to ring back later & then cut me off.

I'v had a Manc supporting mate ask me to try and get him a ticket. They will infiltrate our stands in number for sure.

Well as it is against season ticket regulations, they can have their season ticket revoked for buying tickets for an away fan.

If that doesn't work then hopefully any Mancs in the home end will make themselves known and get a good slapping for their troubles.

Lets hope so. It's a shame because I agree with it all, except STH getting extra tickets. Just don't see the need for it.

Well I like the fact that I have been guarenteed a second ticket. It is actually really nice to be rewarded for being a STH once in a while, after all I did give the club £450 in cash in the summer so I guess this is a way of the club saying thanks. And besides, with only about 10,000 ST it still leaves another 10,000 tixs availbale for general sale/members

I AM a member and go as often as funds allow. However, I'm on hols 14-21 Dec so not only will I miss the Nottm For match but now I won't be around to book my tickets as a member for the ManYoo game that I promised my lad we would go to. £30 for me plus £15 for him is flippin expensive. But I'm sure that as prices have to be agreed with ManYoo then it's the Glazers pricing structure we are respecting. If I am paying that much I expect to see Rooney, Ronaldo, Berbatov et al, not the second string!

Looks like I'll be searching for an internet cafe in the Canaries to book tickets for this game then.

Yours,

Frustrated of Winchester

Are you going on holiday somewhere where phones and the internet don't exist?

Also, if you're that bothered about seeing all of their 'stars' may I suggest you go to Old Trafford to watch Man Utd?

I pay my money to watch Saints - I couldn't give a toss who we're playing.

FFS!!!!

My mate got tickets for us near the back of Block 2 around mid-morning. Another mate then rang up over an hour later and got Block 2 about 2 rows off the back, though they did initially tell him the corners were closed and they weren't selling them.

Dream on...you can't please all the people all the time...

REALITY CHECK TIME

man utd v's BLACKBURN carling cup QUATER FINAL

foster

o'shea neiville evens rafael

nani gibson possebon anderson

giggs tevez

this is man utds second team playing against a premiership team in the quater final!

what the hell do you think they will put out against us!

£30 for a ticket, you are having a laugh

Cheers for the REALITY CHECK there...

Still it is rubbish...the Carling Cup is not the FA Cup. And Alex Ferguson has a lot more respect for the FA Cup (despite disgracefully not entering in 1999) than he does the Carling Cup...

And to get a better comparison (and none of the sensationalism) let's look at the last time they played a Championship team. It was Wolves in the fourth round. January 2006.

And this is the team:

Van der Sar; Neville, Vidic, Brown (Smith, 57), Silvestre; Ferdinand; Park, Rooney, Richardson (Evra, 65); Van Nistelrooy, Saha (Fletcher, 65). Substitutes not used: Howard (gk), Bardsley

Hardly them playing their reserves now is it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/wolves-0-manchester-united-3-ferdinand-flourishes-in-cameo-role-as-new-midfield-general-525131.html

Means all the more that we'll get torn a new a::sehole! But i'll be there...because it will be a good atmosphere as it always is whenever we can get the ground full these days...and it could just be one of those magical days which live long in the memory...

Lots of people assuming that season ticket holders will buy extra tickets. I'm not buying any extra tickets. I couldn't even get anyone to use my season ticket for free whilst I was on holiday. Getting extra tickets for other people is not a bonus, it's always a hassle. Friends usually ask you after you've already got yours and you can waste a lot of time queueing or on the phone. I think that there will be plenty to go around for those prepared to make a bit of an effort.