Spurs vs Saints: Build Up Thread

SNSUN

Don't really see why De Ridder gets so much stick, he really hasn't looked that bad when I've seen him. I've seen much worse performances from the likes of Lallana, Gaston and Puncheon at times this season. Not suggesting he is better than they are but his faults seem to get a disproportionate amount of stick.

Christ, anyone would think we had Anthony Pulis on the bench.

He's completely horrific, that's why he gets so much stick. Such a non-player, and bar a goal at Reading, what has he done for us? Absolute sod all, runs around, goes into a blind ally, losses the ball, fall over...repeat.

Bolton fan's couldn't wait to get shot.

How Hooiveld keeps getting starts mistake after mistake after mistake I'll never understand.

Name all the mistakes? I can think of 1 last weekend, but up until that he was part of a defence that had gone 6 games unbeaten in the PL. He hasn't been doing badly, which is why he's still in the team. I'd say he's in there on merit at the moment, but would still look to replace in for the long-term.

Tricky to see what formation it might be.

4-4-2 with Rickie/JRod up front?

4-2-3-1 as normal but is it Guly in the hole.....or is it Lallana in the hole with Guly left, he and Shaw linked up very well against Stoke away actually...

Name all the mistakes? I can think of 1 last weekend, but up until that he was part of a defence that had gone 6 games unbeaten in the PL. He hasn't been doing badly, which is why he's still in the team. I'd say he's in there on merit at the moment, but would still look to replace in for the long-term.

Well vs west ham dived in when didn't need to and conceded crucial free kick and then made a fool of himself by telling everyone it wasn't a foul when it blatantly was. Then last week just had a mere all day including being out jumped by their smallest forward.

Have you been reading this forum or have you done like 99% of posters and just buried your head in the sand no matter what cock-up he came up with?

If so you would've found at least three threads where his mistakes have been described over and over again.

Hopefully not as bad as Ramirez's dead leg earlier in the season - he missed over a month with his didn't he?

Yeah through a bad reaction to it. Although I remember clyne had a dead leg around the same time and he only missed one game.

Awful team selection. Will be delighted and amazed if we manage anything better than a 3-0 defeat. Guly is dire, and Hooiveld a liability. Might as well have stuck Forren in, he couldn't do much worse than Hooiveld and Ward-Prowse has to be a better option than Guly if Morgan is out.

I wonder why some folk support saints apart from having a go at some o our players . Injuries happen . For those folk knocking guly who else would you put in ? Support the team FFS

This ... if we left out everyone that has been slated on here by so called Saints fans we would have no team to put out!

Awful team selection. Will be delighted and amazed if we manage anything better than a 3-0 defeat. Guly is dire, and Hooiveld a liability. Might as well have stuck Forren in, he couldn't do much worse than Hooiveld and Ward-Prowse has to be a better option than Guly if Morgan is out.

I think Guly will be fine. I also think Forren's not played a game for months so he'd be unlikely to last the match same could possibly said for Fonte. Doubt Poch wants the possibility of having to sub both CB's durin the match.

:facepalm: