Spurs vs Saints: Build Up Thread

SNSUN

It wouldn't have felt that we actually belong in the competition having only qualified via fair play.

A place is a place. It wouldn't have bothered me personally, also that we earned it through 'Fair Play' rather then a pyrric cup victory based on crippling over-spending would have a certain beautiful irony to it. ;)

i think we'll get smashed tomorrow - 4-0, something like that

why do you think that then ?

there's no earthly reason for us to get "smashed" by anyone. We might lose but we won't get smashed. Spurs are on the decline

because they've over-extended their capacities.

Our defence is still capable of being dire. It was at Reading and kept a clean sheet. Do that at Spurs and they'll get smashed.

We could play much better than the last game and lose worse if Bale and co are on top of their game.

Morgan will sort Bale out, he will be invisible. Having said that Corky needs to keep his calm a bit better this week, let others do the dirty work, they're far better and more accomplished at it than he is. However Morgan won't be coming off injury this week so perhaps Corky won't get delegated for the dodgy last ditch tackles.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I hope Huddelstone plays, he has got the turning circle of the Battleship Potemkin.....and bad hair!

We should also play keep it off Scott Parker for the first 10 minutes and knacker him out for the rest of the game as he runs around like a nutter in the sun.

I hope Huddelstone plays, he has got the turning circle of the Battleship Potemkin.....and bad hair!

We should also play keep it off Scott Parker for the first 10 minutes and knacker him out for the rest of the game as he runs around like a nutter in the sun.

Huddlestone is one of the best passers in the prem,he would have a field day against a below par saints team

Morgan will sort Bale out, he will be invisible. Having said that Corky needs to keep his calm a bit better this week, let others do the dirty work, they're far better and more accomplished at it than he is. However Morgan won't be coming off injury this week so perhaps Corky won't get delegated for the dodgy last ditch tackles.

Tis

Tis so

Well Pooch did say if Bale was at Saints now he would not be sold, so I would think that Shaw would be in that bracket don't you?

It's not our hands if he decides not to sign up to stay with us. Hope he will, but who knows what advice he's getting. Presumably he has an agent who may or may not relish getting a wedge from a Chelski signing on fee :-(

If Bale is playing on the left, even if he's drifting into more central positions, I'd rather Clyne stay where he is. We need to be as strong on the right hand side as possible.

So

Boruc

Clyne

Fonte

Yoshi

Frazer

Cork

Morgan

Davis - JRod - Puncheon

Lambert

Boruc

Cork

Yoshi

Jos

Clyne

Davis

Ward-Prowse

Lallana

Spider

Puncheon

J Rod

Bench: Rickie, Mayuka, Davis, Fonte & Shaw.

J rod at swansea was awful when he was upfront on his own. Why is Lallana in team?

@SouthamptonFC: Saints team: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Hooiveld, Shaw, Cork, S. Davis, Guly, Lallana ©, Rodriguez, Lambert. #saintsfc

Guly? Interesting. Where's yoshida? Was hoping to have him and Fonte instead of Hooiveld.

Don't really see why De Ridder gets so much stick, he really hasn't looked that bad when I've seen him. I've seen much worse performances from the likes of Lallana, Gaston and Puncheon at times this season. Not suggesting he is better than they are but his faults seem to get a disproportionate amount of stick.

Christ, anyone would think we had Anthony Pulis on the bench.