Spurs vs Saints: Build Up Thread

SNSUN

The under 21's are playing at Staplewood vs West Ham at the moment, so Pochettino is probably watching the game.

Yep (I updated my post with the same thoughts before seeing yours - great minds and all that....) :)

see i told you Shaw was ok :D

sure i read on twitter that the press conference has been moved to tomorrow morning ?

Yep, found it.... cheers

o1r8ixi1r5cc4f885mdr_normal.jpeggreg vulinovic ‏@gregvul

@alex_crook @Joe_Batchelor @SimonPeach you guys at saints presser today?

f683977b5b1f8821fbb90025bdc3e3c4_normal.jpegSimon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

@gregvul @alex_crook @Joe_Batchelor Press conf tomorrow morning.

o1r8ixi1r5cc4f885mdr_normal.jpeggreg vulinovic ‏@gregvul

@SimonPeach @alex_crook @Joe_Batchelor any particular reason for that do know?

701zmfvi7uhsstpfyrnf_normal.jpegJoe Batchelor ‏@Joe_Batchelor

@gregvul @SimonPeach @alex_crook I think there is an important U21 game going on at the training ground.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/team-news-02052013.page?

Posted 02 May 2013 3:25pm

Emmanuel Adebayor is back in contention and Mousa Dembele still has a chance of facing Southampton on Saturday.

Striker Ade missed last week's 2-2 draw at Wigan with a knee complaint while midfielder Mousa departed early from the action at the DW Stadium with a muscle injury.

"Ade is back in training, so back in contention for the game," said Andre after training on Thursday.

"We have to see Mousa in training tomorrow and we can assess his chances better then. He’s made good progress and run at different intensities, so hopefully we can have him back."

Andre also revealed that Jake Livermore missed out at Wigan because of a small muscle tear.

Sandro, William Gallas and Younes Kaboul remain sidelined.

@SpursOfficial: We spoke to Andre Villas-Boas earlier, his views on Southampton, @GarethBale11 , @Jan_Vertonghen and team news on the way next...

@SpursOfficial: Andre on Southampton: "They play good football, they are organised and a great team to watch."

@SpursOfficial: Andre: "They have beaten Chelsea, City and Liverpool, so we can only say good words about the work of Mauricio Pochettino."

@SpursOfficial: And finally team news. "Ade back in contention, Mousa trains tomorrow and we can assess his chances better then. He’s made good progress."

I think we'll have our moments but I suspect Spurs will have too much for us. Spurs seem to go though phases in most games where they don't play very well at all - I've rarely seen them dominate a game this season so if we can capitalise on that we may have a chance but I can't see our defence keeping them at bay for 90mins anyway.

I think we'll have our moments but I suspect Spurs will have too much for us. Spurs seem to go though phases in most games where they don't play very well at all - I've rarely seen them dominate a game this season so if we can capitalise on that we may have a chance but I can't see our defence keeping them at bay for 90mins anyway.

Agree, they are probably best on the counter attack, which is bad for us as we are unlikely to go there and sit back. Bale also seems to go through phases, his good phases though are devastating. If they play him through the middle with Cork and Morgan in there we might be able to crowd him out and keep him quiet.

Not expecting anything from the game but we seem to play a lot better against teams that are better than us so you never know. At least we need to see a better performance than last week which was clearly an 'on the beach' performance, the mentality needs to be better.

REFEREE CHANGE Mark Clattenburg will now take charge of Tottenham v Southampton on Saturday May 4th. #TOTSOU

How come all of our refs are being changed at the moment? I think that's the 3rd change in 5 games?

Also, Clattenburg :facepalm:

REFEREE CHANGE Mark Clattenburg will now take charge of Tottenham v Southampton on Saturday May 4th. #TOTSOU

He is an absolute clown

You can almost guarantee there will be one huge wrong decision

I wonder of he will, subconsciously give us a penalty for the horror show at carrie road

M&YMatchDayLive ‏@MYMatchDayLive 5m

#saintsfc boss Mauricio Pochettino today said there were 'similarities between Bale and Messi.' #thfc

M&YMatchDayLive ‏@MYMatchDayLive 4m

MP: "They are both very quick, both left footed and they both have a winning mentality." #saintsfc #thfc

MP: ”Bale is a very decisive player; an amazing player because of his speed, his strength and his goal scoring ability." #saintsfc #thfc

Pochettino on Fair Play League: "We have spoken with the chairman and decided not to take that offer." #saintsfc

M&YMatchDayLive ‏@MYMatchDayLive 3m

MP continued: "What you are awarded in football needs to be decided on the pitch and that is our decision." #saintsfc

Yep, I think the Europa League would stretch us a bit too far next season.

I would use it to give our younger players on verge of first team experience and fringe members of the squad to keep their fitness levels up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I would use it to give our younger players on verge of first team experience and fringe members of the squad to keep their fitness levels up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I certainly wouldn't be impressed if I went to Ukraine to watch what would be pretty much an u-21s game !

Would have been a good laugh for something like a trip to the Faroe Islands for the first round quail, everything after that would have just been hard work (though thinking back to last year playing close to 50 games in the season I am not sure how the squad can't seem to deal with only 42 this year)

Would have been a good laugh for something like a trip to the Faroe Islands for the first round quail, everything after that would have just been hard work (though thinking back to last year playing close to 50 games in the season I am not sure how the squad can't seem to deal with only 42 this year)

It's the intensity though.

The margins for error when you have a bad game etc

Last season we were terrible in a few games and got away with it (as most teams at the top do.)

Look what happens in this league when your performance drops. A team 8th in the league batter you like last week

Not sure I can bring myself to watch this one. Maybe if i don't we might win...

Did you feel the same about Chelsea, City and Liverpool?

I too have that feeling like you tom but funny things do happen when we expect a tonking.