Spurs vs Saints: Build Up Thread

SNSUN

No Fox, no Ramirez. Is this a good thing?

Questions need to be asked about the performance against WBA, but I do believe we have a manager who'll give the lads a ruddy good rollocking and get them to up their performance against Spurs.

What do we reckon of the team? Will Shaw be fit? Will Forren get his debut? Puncheon in?

For me, if Shaw's fit and Cork didn't get a knock, I'd actually keep the same team as yesterday but with Shaw at left back. Which means keeping faith in Jos. I must be radio rental. But then I'm not picking the team.

Scoreline predictions too please. I reckon Mr Bale will tear us a new one, but with an improved performance we'll only lose by the odd goal in 3. 2-1 Spuds.

Is Lambert fully fit?...Love him to bits but he has'nt looked his normal self last few games.

Spurs will really want to win this. Jrod's pace on the break may be a key factor. Possible Mayuca on the subs bench as well.

Clyne at left back & Richardson (is he fit?) at right back. Targett on the bench

Hoping for Forren at LB if no Shaw, and Fonte at CB. Without Cork stick Davis in with Morgan and put Lallana in the hole. I'd give Puncheon a start as well.

Oh my God, when I have seen Forren he looks so slow, would hate to see him put up against Lennon. Why would anyone want to see a CB make his debut at LB? I really don't want top see him play in the 1st xi this season, maybe a good pre-season will bring him up to speed, so to speak.

Happy with Fonte and Yoshi in the middle. If Shaw is not fit then Clyne at LB and Richardson or Cork at RB. If Cork is at RB then Davis and Spiderman in the middle, Punch instead of Lallana.

A draw would be exceptionally good news.

I might even take a one goal defeat is you offered it to me now. (which sounds weird, but would mean we preserve our much superior goal difference over Villa and Wigan, which might just start to look dicey were we to lose 6-0)

As we are safe, I would use this game to experiment a little.

Forren in for Jos, Mayuka to Start. Maybe even call up Targett from the U21's.

Not only would it give some fringe players a chance to impress, it'll give the rest of the squad a kick-up the ar*e and signal that performances like the one we have just endured will not simply be classified as 'one of those things.'

If Shaw's fit we may be capable of getting a draw up at White Hart Lane.

If Shaw isn't fit and we have to play Cork/Yoshida at RB with Fonte coming in at CB with Hooiveld then this could be an extremely humiliating defeat that could dent our (relatively decent) goal difference further.

Personally, if Shaw is fit I'd play Forren alongside Yoshida at CB, Clyne RB, Shaw LB with Cork and Schneiderlin in DM and a front 3 of Mayuka, Jay Rod and Puncheon. Just think Lallana has been absolute dog-sh!te since he's come back from injury and needs dropping to give him a kick up his arse.

I doubt MoPo will make any of these chances though, if Shaw isn't fit I'd expect this line up:

Boruc

Yoshida/Cork - Fonte - Hooiveld - Clyne

Schneiderlin - Davis

Puncheon - Jay Rod - Lallana

Lambert

If Shaw is fit, I'd expect this line-up:

Boruc

Clyne - Yoshida - Hooiveld - Shaw

Schneiderlin - Cork

Puncheon - Jay Rod - Lallana

Lambert

However, the line-up I'd like to see is:

Boruc

Clyne - Yoshida - Forren/Fonte - Shaw

Cork - Schneiderlin

Puncheon - Jay Rod - Mayuka

Lambert

We have been brought back to earth with an almighty bump.

Team will have had the stuffing knocked out of them. I am afraid we are going to get a right old spanking. Spurs 6 Saints 0.

Sleepwalking to relegation and relying on Villa and Wigan to screw up.

We have been brought back to earth with an almighty bump.

Team will have had the stuffing knocked out of them. I am afraid we are going to get a right old spanking. Spurs 6 Saints 0.

Sleepwalking to relegation and relying on Villa and Wigan to screw up.

Why do you bother with such nonsense year after year?

Please use this and post a screenshot of the scenario that sees Saints relegated...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

I hope for the sake of SFC you are not eating your words come the end of our final game.

Last season you said we'll come 17th in the Championship, we actually stayed in the top 2 all season and were promoted.

Will you be providing us a screenshot of your BBC predictor results?

Last season you said we'll come 17th in the Championship, we actually stayed in the top 2 all season and were promoted.

Stop feeding the troll, you are just encouraging it.

My last 11 predictions were wrong, including the QPR and WBA results...so who knows.

My last 11 predictions were wrong, including the QPR and WBA results...so who knows.

You still didn't answer the question. Please provide a list of results that would see Saints relegated, easiest way would be to use the BBC predictor and put a screenshot on here of the final league table.

I'm intrigued if he can maintain being a troll about this after using the BBC predictor link. I think he'll give it a good go regardless of seeing how unlikely it would be for Saints to be relegated given the actual situation with few games left, a number of teams below Saints and some having to play each other.

I'm intrigued if he can maintain being a troll about this after using the BBC predictor link. I think he'll give it a good go regardless of seeing how unlikely it would be for Saints to be relegated given the actual situation with few games left, a number of teams below Saints and some having to play each other.

Considering it's consistency of never being right and belligerently maintaining the facade....

He can't, the two need each other to exist. It's a symbiotic relationship.

MLG feeds his need of constantly correcting people and proving he is more intelligent, by regularly pointing out how Dalek is wrong. Even though it is blindingly obvious to everyone else who have long since grown bored with Dalek and put him on ignore list.

Dalek feeds his need to have completely pointless arguments by pretending to be stupid and deliberately posting things he knows are irritating, incorrect and/or controversial.

Without each other, both posters lives would be completely devoid of all meaning. I think Attenborough made a documentary on it a few years ago.

You still didn't answer the question. Please provide a list of results that would see Saints relegated, easiest way would be to use the BBC predictor and put a screenshot on here of the final league table.

I never use the BBC predictor...because it is impossible in football to predict games (SPL excluded). We all know that. Football is one of the most unpredictable games in the world hence the reason for the game as eing one of the most intriguing and exciting sports to follow

never use the BBC predictor...because it is impossible in football to predict games (SPL excluded). We all know that. Football is one of the most unpredictable games in the world hence the reason for the game as eing one of the most intriguing and exciting sports to follow

He can't, the two need each other to exist. It's a symbiotic relationship.

MLG feeds his need of constantly correcting people and proving he is more intelligent, by regularly pointing out how Dalek is wrong. Even though it is blindingly obvious to everyone else who have long since grown bored with Dalek and put him on ignore list.

Dalek feeds his need to have completely pointless arguments by pretending to be stupid and deliberately posting things he knows are irritating, incorrect and/or controversial.

Without each other, both posters lives would be completely devoid of all meaning. I think Attenborough made a documentary on it a few years ago.

LOL ! If I am a troll then you have been 'trolled' well and truly. But thanks anyway, a great reply !

never use the BBC predictor...because it is impossible in football to predict games (SPL excluded). We all know that. Football is one of the most unpredictable games in the world hence the reason for the game as eing one of the most intriguing and exciting sports to follow

That conflicts with your statements over how many points you think Saints need. In order to do such a thing you need to predict how teams will do so you can work out a points total. If you actually did use the BBC predictor you will see how unlikely it is for Saints to go down given all the results that would need to happen.

Mr Troll, either do the predictor or shut up about it. :)

That conflicts with your statements over how many points you think Saints need. In order to do such a thing you need to predict how teams will do so you can work out a points total. If you actually did use the BBC predictor you will see how unlikely it is for Saints to go down given all the results that would need to happen.

Mr Troll, either do the predictor or shut up about it. :)

No.

Feeling v doom and gloom about this one. My spurs supporting housemate is going back to see this one for his birthday and he fancies an easy win for them too.

Think we'l lose but hope we show something else then we did against wba.

Jos out, was woeful saturday.

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Yoshida Forren

Cork Morgan

Punch Davis Lallana

Rodriguez

Puncheon will hopefully play with a man with a point to prove, Lambert has looked lacking sharpness last few weeks, would like to see him as an option off the bench, a five man midfield should keep us solid while allowing for quick counter attacks.

If it's impossible to predict what will happen, then pray tell.... how you can say with such certainty that 39 points will lead to relegation?

Bless.

Still think a key point in all this is that Clyne is our best RB and should be played against Bale. Make up the rest of the defence from whatever we can find that looks half decent/half fit in training this week, bearing in mind it it may be some Forrener or even begin with a 'J' and end with 'ack Stephens'. And then maybe buy some defenders in the next transfer window.

One thing no one has mentioned is that 4 days after they play us is they have a "cup final for a CL place" when they have an away game at Chelsea (8th May). The winner of that game will get a CL place imo and they will probably have one eye on that game especially late in our game.

got a feeling this will be like Arsenal away back in September , Spurs will be up for it and really attack us and I'm not sure we have the fight for a game like that now. 5-2 Spurs is my prediction