Does anyone still hate Lowe?

Guided Missile

Interesting thread, i'm totally indifferent to R.L. but if any of the haters can put the past on the back burner for the moment. Do any of the haters believe with the situation we are in at present and quiet determined approach R.L. is taking, that he is doing the good job for this club.

Reverse takeover? Is it still the 1990s? Jesus. When will you people learn to let go. I beg you to not let a class inferiority complex rule your life.

Why is it that the only people who ever mention the class thing are the Lowe Luvvies, or Lowe's offspring as in you Scooby. I don't think anyone else ever mentions the class thing. What class is Lowe anyway, he is certainly not "upper class" if such thing still exists outside of the royal family circles? He is new money middle class I guess. But who gives a **** what class he is. Fact is he is an obnoxious, pompous idiot who is a failure when it comes to the financial side of runnig a football club, and who makes many bad decisions that have contributed to where we are now (he also makes some good decisions to be fair).

I do hate Lowe for what he has done to this Club in the past, and to respond to Buctootim, who says I have not met him? In any case why do you have to meet someone to know you dislike them, I never met Attila the Hun, but I know he was quite an unpleasant chap, likewise Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Mugabe and Margaret Thatcher. I clearly don't put these people in the same league as Lowe and don't equate what they did with what a second rate plc chairman does, but I do loathe the fact that he is still connected with this Club. But then again my dislike of Wilde is much stronger even than that of Lowe. And I don't like Crouch much either. I do however have a healthy respect for Andrew Cowen, and I am beginning to warm to Jan Poortvliet.

I think the trials and tribulations of Southampton FC are far too complicated for a certain type of fan so it is easy to use Lowe as a scapegoat.

Unfortunately that has degenerated into almost a form of hysteria to the extent that some fans now wish the club to do badly to re-inforce thier prejudices against Lowe.

Very bizzare.

Guest Hacienda
I think the trials and tribulations of Southampton FC are far too complicated for a certain type of fan so it is easy to use Lowe as a scapegoat.

Unfortunately that has degenerated into almost a form of hysteria to the extent that some fans now wish the club to do badly to re-inforce thier prejudices against Lowe.

Very bizzare.

And that post isn't a form of hysteria I suppose?

why cut off your nose etc?

I would never let who is in a boardroom effect whether I go to a game of not.

I pay to see the players not the directors box

My feelings exactly , so why do i keep coming up with the vision of RL in his training gear.

The man likes to be the center of attention , and because of that even when he does the correct thing, he ruins it with his comments

Very bizzare.

Does this mean you've now forgiven Mike Wilde then *****y?

if that training gear plan spreads and he is in starting 11 then I will understand those staying away because of him rather than just thinking its either excuse or sulking!

I would never stay away BUT i do understand people who do, those of us over 40 never even knew who the directors were and Ted, Lawrie would not have stood for interference

I would never stay away BUT i do understand people who do' date=' those of us over 40 never even knew who the directors were and Ted, Lawrie would not have stood for interference[/quote']

Like you say we never (yes over 40!) knew the boardroom, Lowe is certainly partly to blame for the publicity they now get but its not just a Saints thing.

I would never stay away, and despite trying, just cannot understand anyone who does. Possibly someone like Crouch who has had personal dealings etc -but someone on the terraces? its silly

Interesting thread, i'm totally indifferent to R.L. but if any of the haters can put the past on the back burner for the moment. Do any of the haters believe with the situation we are in at present and quiet determined approach R.L. is taking, that he is doing the good job for this club.

Quiet? Determined? I see no proof of either.

He is quieter than he was before true but then again thats not hard.

Determined to protect his investment - Yes.

Don't be fooled by him, he is slightly barking after all.

If things go well for the club this season would you still feel the same?

Did you "hate" him at Cardiff at the Cup Final?

At the end of the day the bloke is just someone who runs a football club. I can understand people not liking him but hating someone you have never met is a bit strange.

My feelings exactly , so why do i keep coming up with the vision of RL in his training gear.

The man likes to be the center of attention , and because of that even when he does the correct thing, he ruins it with his comments

I think we can also remember his picture with the squad each season - I don't think any other team in the premier or elsewhere included the chairman in team pics!

However, moving forward we have to hope that RL has learnt from some of these errors....time will tell.

I think we can also remember his picture with the squad each season - I don't think any other team in the premier or elsewhere included the chairman in team pics!

However, moving forward we have to hope that RL has learnt from some of these errors....time will tell.

Is he in this year's team pic ?

Guest Hacienda
If things go well for the club this season would you still feel the same?

Yes. I'll still dislike him and want him gone.

Did you "hate" him at Cardiff at the Cup Final?

I've never hated him but I still disliked him and wanted him gone.

Hate is the wrong word, I don't hate him but want a man the shareholders would have sacked for his incompetence removed from the club he takes a huge wage which it can't afford from! Who else gets reappointed after a record of incompetence

Hate is too strong a word.

I dislike his personality, I think he's been a disaster for the club, and the sooner that his destiny and that of SFC are separated once-and-for-all, the better.

Disaster? Nine of his ten years in the premiership, an FA cup final appearance, european football, SMS, you call that disaster.

Disaster? Nine of his ten years in the premiership, an FA cup final appearance, european football, SMS, you call that disaster.

We fluked our way to a cup final with a run of easy fixtures, just like Millwall did, got ****ed, qualified for Europe through the back door and got dumped out in the first round.

As for the prem years, Lowe inherited an established Prem club and left us an established Championship club.

Do Leeds fans regard Peter Ridsdale as a disaster ?

Yes they do. But there's a million miles between what Ridsdale did to Leeds and what Lowe "did" to Saints. A million, billion miles.

The morons in the fanbase do like to get all over excited pretending that Lowe "destroyed" "wrecked" "ripped the soul out of" the club and all the rest of it, and get nice jolly stiffys making out we have suffered more than any set of fans in the history of sport and are some super club who have fallen further than anyone could possibly ever comprehend, but it's just utter, utter b o llocks.

But guess what - middle sized, medium city club gets relegated from the top division.

Big, stonking, wow.

Just us and about 25 other clubs of similar size in the past thirty years then. Almost all of which have suffered more than us in the same timescale.

We are not the only club ever to be relegated.

Get over it you old woman.

:rolleyes:

Yes they do. But there's a million miles between what Ridsdale did to Leeds and what Lowe "did" to Saints. A million, billion miles.

The morons in the fanbase do like to get all over excited pretending that Lowe "destroyed" "wrecked" "ripped the soul out of" the club and all the rest of it, and get nice jolly stiffys making out we have suffered more than any set of fans in the history of sport and are some super club who have fallen further than anyone could possibly ever comprehend, but it's just utter, utter b o llocks.

But guess what - middle sized, medium city club gets relegated from the top division.

Big, stonking, wow.

Just us and about 25 other clubs of similar size in the past thirty years then. Almost all of which have suffered more than us in the same timescale.

We are not the only club ever to be relegated.

Get over it you old woman.

:rolleyes:

So you consider 10 management teams in as many years as conducive to maintaining a position in an increasingly competeitive league ? How many of these other teams you cite had to put up with as much executive incompetence ?

So you consider 10 management teams in as many years as conducive to maintaining a position in an increasingly competeitive league ? How many of these other teams you cite had to put up with as much executive incompetence ?

What difference does it make? The end result is the same. Coventry, Leicester, WBA, Sunderland, Leeds, Charlton, Notts Forest, Birmingham. All the teams we used to battle against in the prem also got relegated. Only those clubs with a sugar daddy and or massive support have gained.

The idea that bad things happening to you is all someones fault belongs in the playground.

Edited by buctootim

What difference does it make? The end result is the same. Coventry, Leicester, WBA, Sunderland, Leeds, Charlton, Notts Forest, Birmingham. All the teams we used to battle against in the prem are down here with us. Only those clubs with a sugar daddy and or massive support have gained.

It makes all the difference !! CB is saying that it is par-for-the-course, and its nothing special that it happened to us. I am saying that's nonsense, it wouldnt have happened without Lowe's helping hand.

It makes all the difference !! CB is saying that it is par-for-the-course, and its nothing special that it happened to us. I am saying that's nonsense, it wouldnt have happened without Lowe's helping hand.

So how come pretty much all comparable sized teams also got relegated? By your reckoning we should be the only ones who suffered because we alone had such a terrible, terrible man in charge.

Now, that is a good statement/question.

We fluked our way to a cup final with a run of easy fixtures, just like Millwall did, got ****ed, qualified for Europe through the back door and got dumped out in the first round.

As for the prem years, Lowe inherited an established Prem club and left us an established Championship club.

There's no such thing as a fluke in the FA cup and no fixture is easy especially a lower league team. As for the premier years, are we the only team to have got relegated? You really need to cheer up as well you miserable person.

So how come pretty much all comparable sized teams also got relegated? By your reckoning we should be the only ones who suffered because we alone had such a terrible, terrible man in charge.

No, my point (as you well know, I suspect), is that we suffered unnecessarily. I have never said we have suffered worse, or that we had some divine right not to be put in that position.

Short memories seem to afflict soccer supporters in South Hampshire. Is this the same Rupert Lowe who once declared to fans that our opinions were of not the slightest interest to him? Or was that a different Rupert Lowe? Is this the same Rupert Lowe who declared that Saints didn't need fans like Richard Chorley, who - hate him or love him - surely would die for the cause of Saints before most of us and long before Rupert Lowe would even dare put his head above the parapet?

It's not a question of hate. Of course one cannot hate a person you have not met. It's a question of despair, I despair of Rupert Lowe and his maniacal quest for control of Saints, and his policies that exclude any of the values that this club and we fans once held dear.

No, my point (as you well know, I suspect), is that we suffered unnecessarily. I have never said we have suffered worse, or that we had some divine right not to be put in that position.

My point, as I suspect you also know, is that your assertion that it was Lowe's unique mismanagement that did for us only holds true if comparable teams had a different outcome. They didnt, they got relegated as well. Ergo something much bigger and wider than the 'Lowe effect' affected us - ie the rise of the rich mans plaything club.

The long and the short of it is that no-one chose us to be the beneficiary vehicle for them to flaunt ostentatiously just how rich and powerful they were. If they had we would be in Pompey's position. Having Lowe in charge had zero effect - except arguably staying up for one or two more years than we would otherwise have done.

Edited by buctootim

Come off it, if we had one manager in 10 yrs there would always be the chance of relegation.

RL made mistakes in managers no doubt, but relegation was not down to him alone.

If we had less managerial upheaval this would have helped our chances to avoid the drop, no better than that in my opinion.

Anyway, let's all move on shall we?