Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

nah they've all been on TV at Monaco, including Falcao, Isimat-Mirin signed for them today as well.It's just that we don't do things in the same way. We haven't announced any signings because we haven't made any yet.

Just cant see us announcing new signings with out having them photographed with new shirt on. So either new kit will be revealed very soon or transfers will be end of next month and into early July.

Just cant see us announcing new signings with out having them photographed with new shirt on. So either new kit will be revealed very soon or transfers will be end of next month and into early July.

Mauricio put a limit on the desirable delay for transfers... 1st july or before

Eh? Didn't stop us signing Jrod for example who was photographed with a saints scarf under some sw anky oak tree.

You genuinely think the desire to photograph a new signing in the new shirt would override or delay a complex, multi-million pound transaction? :rolleyes:

Edited by shurlock

Eh? Didn't stop us signing Jrod for example who was photographed with a saints scarf under some sw anky oak tree.

You genuinely think the desire to photograph a new signing in the new shirt would override or delay a complex, multi-million pound transaction? :rolleyes:

10th June 2012...

Jay-Rodriguez-008.jpg

Why haven't we signed anyone? MP said that we had two transfers almost done, what the f*ck is going on, other clubs are leaving us behind. Wont anyone deal with Southampton FFS?

Still 1 league game to go in Spain, must be this week-end and as I think most of our signings will come from thereabouts it's not a surprise.

Why haven't we signed anyone? MP said that we had two transfers almost done, what the f*ck is going on, other clubs are leaving us behind. Wont anyone deal with Southampton FFS?

Good point. I vote we all panic! Good job we've still got Forte on the books!

Good point. I vote we all panic! Good job we've still got Forte on the books!

The season has been finished for two weeks and we're no closer to signing anyone. We are going to have to average 1.5 signings a week if we are going to get them all in by the 1/7 like MP wants to. It looks like we aren't backing the manager in the transfer market again, no wonder he wants to go to Benfica.

The season has been finished for two weeks and we're no closer to signing anyone. We are going to have to average 1.5 signings a week if we are going to get them all in by the 1/7 like MP wants to. It looks like we aren't backing the manager in the transfer market again, no wonder he wants to go to Benfica.

Oh you ;)

I tell you what if it gets to the end of july and we still haven't signed anybody decent i'l chuck a few quid to the charity of your choice and join you in mutual panic, which is quite clearly sincere! :D

Oh you ;)

I tell you what if it gets to the end of july and we still haven't signed anybody decent i'l chuck a few quid to the charity of your choice and join you in mutual panic, which is quite clearly sincere! :D

Do you think it's because we are skint and that is what Corteses meeting with Katrina was about? He needed money to bail us out of the hole we have gotten ourselves in.

Who is 'them' windows? I am paranoid

oh the usuals, Bazza,110, Dune in his various incarnations,Deppo,Bearsy when he thinks he knows something about football and so on.

On the other hand Alps has never bothered me at all cos you get the impression that he's just a genuine nervous nelly..

Everybody is going to be looking to Spain for the next Michu deal so they are all going to be a bit more expensive this time round. Yes the financial problems at Seville, Valencia, Malaga and Real Sociedad means these clubs will sell their star players - but it doesn't mean they will sell them cheaply.

Maybe Mateo Mussachio in Spain's second tier would be good value - and out of contract Marc Muniesa at Barca

We should still look at Championship players - and Les Reed and some others will know this market well. I'm not sure layers like Buckley and Bridcutt are good enough to take us where Cortese wants to go - but there are one good players with potential down there - young enough to improve - and good value.

I'd take a look at Charlie Austin and a Kieran Trippier from Burnley. Henri Lansbury from Forest is another.

There are also some bargains to be had in the big clubs unwanted youngsters - Sinclair and Guidetti at Citeh and McCreachan at Chelsea

Do you think it's because we are skint and that is what Corteses meeting with Katrina was about? He needed money to bail us out of the hole we have gotten ourselves in.

Nope I dont at all. Neither us know for sure though ;) Next question ... anybody mentioned you'd consider a realistic/good target?

There are also some bargains to be had in the big clubs unwanted youngsters - Sinclair and Guidetti at Citeh and McCreachan at Chelsea

I'd be surprised if City didn't want Guidetti, he was banging goals in for fun in Holland. I reckon they're nurturing him for a first team spot int he future. A loan, perhaps, but I'd be very surprised if they sold him. Would be a cracking signing for anybody though. Strikers are at a premium though, and it's surely only a matter of time before Tevez throws his next strop. Even if City do let him go, he won't be cheap. Plucking a youngster from Chelsea has worked for us before, so that could be good. I've not see McEachran play, but that youngster that was on loan at Watford was promising...

EDIT: Just been reading about Guidetti - didn't know he had a debilitating virus that attacked his central nervous system. Nasty - he's on the mend now though.

Edited by SNSUN

Is this a rehash of your 'talk the talk, walk the walk' baiting from a few seasons back. Must try harder.

Outstanding! A big LOL moment

Take this with a massive pinch of salt as I would not know the name of the source as its been passed on. Although I can say whoever has this snippet is employed in the coaching setup.

We have targetted a great striker as our top priority however if we don't get him then our 2nd option is to take Torres for 18m from Chelsea (no idea if the player is interested)

The two that have been agreed are two Spanish 22 year olds (no idea who) and Pooch is chasing a special Portuguese player which I have no idea where he plays or what position.

There you go..... pinch of salt, remember.

Anyone heard the same?

Take this with a massive pinch of salt as I would not know the name of the source as its been passed on. Although I can say whoever has this snippet is employed in the coaching setup.

We have targetted a great striker as our top priority however if we don't get him then our 2nd option is to take Torres for 18m from Chelsea (no idea if the player is interested)

The two that have been agreed are two Spanish 22 year olds (no idea who) and Pooch is chasing a special Portuguese player which I have no idea where he plays or what position.

Anyone heard the same?

Another 'special one' from Portugal ?

Could this by any chance be the mysterious link that brought him into contact with Benfica ?

Anyone heard the same?

Torres?? Ill take all the salt in china to believe that.

swap a champions league team gunning for the title with low lying saints and a pay cut.

Had heard that we were after ronaldo - that's the Portuguese link sorted.

sorry mate, that's just bonkers.

Anyone heard the same?

Well either you think it's a reliable source or you don't?

Torres?? Ill take all the salt in china to believe that.

swap a champions league team gunning for the title with low lying saints and a pay cut.

Had heard that we were after ronaldo - that's the Portuguese link sorted.

sorry mate, that's just bonkers.

Pilchards is MR07's second logon

Anyone heard the same?

Two spanish 22 year olds....take your pick ;)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spain-u21/startseite/nationalmannschaft_9567.html

Thiago Alcantara is 22 ;)

I think one of them could be Canales.....but any guess is as good as mine :)

The portuguese one is difficult, is it a portuguese player or someone that plays in Portugal at the moment....

The one that is portuguese that springs to mind might be Pizzi, he´s been very good for Deportivo la Coruna this year but is owned by Braga in Portugal....

Oh these mind games in the summer... :)

Two spanish 22 year olds....take your pick ;)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spain-u21/startseite/nationalmannschaft_9567.html

Thiago Alcantara is 22 ;)

I think one of them could be Canales.....but any guess is as good as mine :)

The portuguese one is difficult, is it a portuguese player or someone that plays in Portugal at the moment....

The one that is portuguese that springs to mind might be Pizzi, he´s been very good for Deportivo la Coruna this year but is owned by Braga in Portugal....

Oh these mind games in the summer... :)

Stand down olly.