Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Buckley to Saints??? are you guys kidding...WE WONT BE SIGNING ANY DOMESTIC PLAYERS GUYS...get it

Im sure we could go to La Liga and get a player twice as good for half the price...Laudrup has set the blueprint mark my words

How on earth do you know? That doesn't fit with what we did last season anyway.

Buckley to Saints??? are you guys kidding...WE WONT BE SIGNING ANY DOMESTIC PLAYERS GUYS...get it

Im sure we could go to La Liga and get a player twice as good for half the price...Laudrup has set the blueprint mark my words

Buckley is actually v good and has been for a few seasons now since getting into the Watford side. Better than Phillips imho (much better technique). Scores some stunners as well.

simple reason we will be largely ignoring championship is thus

1/ We no longer have an English manager at the helm therefore won't know the lower leagues and will have to rely on our scouts which he won't do as he is accountable for all signings

2/ The manager will want to make his own signings and stamp on the team and therefore go to a market that he knows well

3/ Laudrup effect has shown you can buy effectively and cheaply from Spain

4/ Over inflated prices domestically...Rodriguez worked but Adkins had a hard on for him for years...there are only a handful of Championship players who would be an up grade for us and they want silly money

5/ Suffering economies of Southern Europe...Spain, Italy, Greece etc are all in trouble and their football clubs are suffering too...means far better value

6/ Manager knowledge and scout internal scout knowledge - South America and Southern Europe

There is 6 reasons...trust me we will not be buying Will Buckley from Brighton...that is a relic rehashed from the Adkins days boys

1/ We no longer have an English manager at the helm therefore won't know the lower leagues and will have to rely on our scouts which he won't do as he is accountable for all signings

2/ The manager will want to make his own signings and stamp on the team and therefore go to a market that he knows well

4/ Over inflated prices domestically...Rodriguez worked but Adkins had a hard on for him for years...there are only a handful of Championship players who would be an up grade for us and they want silly money

5/ Suffering economies of Southern Europe...Spain, Italy, Greece etc are all in trouble and their football clubs are suffering too...means far better value

6/ Manager knowledge and scout internal scout knowledge - South America and Southern Europe

There is 6 reasons...trust me we will not be buying Will Buckley from Brighton...that is a relic rehashed from the Adkins days boys

the signings are not just the managers decisions we have a transfer comittee that will know the lower leagues, so your points are redundant.

One that will sign players without the managers input as well...

I almost add "in some cases not even the managers decision" but thought i'd be accused of trolling for saying something that people dont like.

Think you are spot on with this. No evidence to suggest we are looking at the domestic market. funny enough we havent really been linked with domestic players since adkins reign. pretty clear adkins and the "transfer committee" had different agendas and visions which may have contributed to his dismissal. happy to have foreign players come in as long as we have home grown players as well coming through. We are fortunate enough to have a thriving academy set up that allows us to do this.

Was chatting to a Brighton friend last night, as spent the evening with him, and he said he likes Buckley and he's a good player, but he also said they'd be getting a very good deal if we bought him for £4m.

Oh yeah? ;)

Wow calm down. Unless you're on the transfer committee you know about as much as the rest of us. La Liga may have proven to be good value for money lately but we wont be the only ones looking there and a quality player at the right price is available anywhere, even england.

bloke on twitter has just posted pic of a Porsche (I think) parked at Ocean Village with PIRLO as number plate. This would be the best transfer in the history of the club/world....

bloke on twitter has just posted pic of a Porsche (I think) parked at Ocean Village with PIRLO as number plate. This would be the best transfer in the history of the club/world....

Why would he have a british number plate?

Mostly right. The key point wrong is point one. We no longer have the structure of a manager, we have adopted the continental approach where the club decides the style hires the players and the coach is hired to coach those players. He will have some input, but he will not decide the playing style or hiring strategy. We pick a coach who fits our strategy now.

And again, how on earth is this a new thing when clubs have been buying good and bad value players from Spain and other countries for many years?

Because Swansea got Michu for £2m so naturally there are dozens of players like him available for nothing. I like the fact that we seem to look for young talented British players in the Football League, most clubs at this level tend to ignore them unless they're truly exceptional (Walcott, Bale and Chambo being 3 such examples).

Also here's your obligatory Kiyotake video. Very good at set pieces!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAjD2_Z7tHM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'd not heard of him, just looked him up & found this description on a scouse forum...

He's an 23 year old ACM who can play wide as well. I've only seen highlights from Numberg games but he looks a good player! He only moved there last summer but has had a great first season, 10 assists, 4 goals, 81% pass completion rate, very tricky and loves a tackle.

Stefan Kibling of Bayern Leverkusen being approached by Southampton for 18m. Top scorer/striker in Bundesliga this season & wants a route into Premier League

£18m would be a little to much, if it´s €18m it´s IMO maximum they would get for him. He´s had a very good season but is 29 and has not played in the national team since 2010. (I know it´s Germany and the competition is extremely hard but that still adds value if he would be in the national team).

For me it´s a very good signing for maximum £10-12m, otherwise I´m not so sure.

Anyone heard anything about Jeremain Lens? Was linked with us last summer and in January, has publicly stated he wishes to leave this summer to the Premier League, and would be relatively affordable (around £7-10M). He would probably be my number one REALISTIC and QUALITY target over the summer, in an attacking sense.

Anyone heard anything about Jeremain Lens? Was linked with us last summer and in January, has publicly stated he wishes to leave this summer to the Premier League, and would be relatively affordable (around £7-10M). He would probably be my number one REALISTIC and QUALITY target over the summer, in an attacking sense.

let's face it we have heard anything about anybody as of yet.We have players lined up apparently and I guess we'll find out about them when all is settled. However Lens has (or had) problems with his federation for some "grabuge" in the tunnel a while back.

media_xll_5595495.jpg

Edited by Window Cleaner

Stefan Kibling of Bayern Leverkusen being approached by Southampton for 18m. Top scorer/striker in Bundesliga this season & wants a route into Premier League

If we signed Stefan Kibling I think I may do a little dance in the middle of my office!

A silly silly rumour, but would love it if were true

Parr at palace. Sky sports reckons he may be on the move to another premiership side with a year left on his contract. All honesty I haven't seen much of him myself but heard good things, meant to be Norway's first choice lb (Nobody say Forren!) and capable of playing left mid. If the price is right he could be an option for sure.

Will saints reveal new kit before announcing any new signings as they typically have new players posing with or wearing the current shirt? International transfers cannot officially be completed until 1st July but clubs can announce beforehand although not sure they go as far as having a contracted player photographed.

I see Monaco announced an agreement with Porto on Rodriguez and Moutinho but players not photographed or quoted.

Last season we revealed new kit on 29th June so be interesting to see what comes first new kit or new players.

Will saints reveal new kit before announcing any new signings as they typically have new players posing with or wearing the current shirt? International transfers cannot officially be completed until 1st July but clubs can announce beforehand although not sure they go as far as having a contracted player photographed.

I see Monaco announced an agreement with Porto on Rodriguez and Moutinho but players not photographed or quoted.

Last season we revealed new kit on 29th June so be interesting to see what comes first new kit or new players.

nah they've all been on TV at Monaco, including Falcao, Isimat-Mirin signed for them today as well.It's just that we don't do things in the same way. We haven't announced any signings because we haven't made any yet.