Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Here's a blast from the past for you. Jeremy Aliadière...you know the bloke who was going to be the next...and then was nothing at all. Well since Lorient took him in when no one else would and got him back on his feet he's turned up trumps for them, scored a good few goals, bags of assists and is said to be on the verge of the French national team again..Anyway he wants to move on, no doubt for some sort of realistic money, probably gets 5 small fishes a week at Lorient and he's much in demand apparently.

Here's a blast from the past for you. Jeremy Aliadière...you know the bloke who was going to be the next...and then was nothing at all. Well since Lorient took him in when no one else would and got him back on his feet he's turned up trumps for them, scored a good few goals, bags of assists and is said to be on the verge of the French national team again..Anyway he wants to move on, no doubt for some sort of realistic money, probably gets 5 small fishes a week at Lorient and he's much in demand apparently.

His name always seems to crop up doesn't it, didn't realise he had been doing that well back in France.

No spring chicken though now, just turned 30.

His name always seems to crop up doesn't it, didn't realise he had been doing that well back in France.

No spring chicken though now, just turned 30.

Went along to Brest-Lorient in the Cup a while back when I was up that way, he certainly seemed to have got a bit of the old spark back again.

Gorcuff has a knack of getting everything out of a player that's there to be had, same as Puel, one of them will probably step up to the national side when the idiot Deschamps gets the boot.

I think the Dutch league would be a great market to tap into - especially regarding attacking players.

Jeremain Lens (PSV and linked to us before), Wilfried Bony (Vitesse) and Jozy Altidore (AZ, ex-Hull) have all been banging in the goals this season and could all possibly move clubs this summer for affordable prices in comparison to other leagues.

They are definitely worth a look at IMO.

I think the Dutch league would be a great market to tap into - especially regarding attacking players.

Jeremain Lens (PSV and linked to us before), Wilfried Bony (Vitesse) and Jozy Altidore (AZ, ex-Hull) have all been banging in the goals this season and could all possibly move clubs this summer for affordable prices in comparison to other leagues.

They are definitely worth a look at IMO.

Think De Ridder when you're talking about banging in goals in the Dutch league. It's probably sub Championship standard. Young players might be adaptable to a higher standard but your average dyed in the wool dutch goleador will just turn out to be another de ridder...ie useless.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Striker David Villa from Barcelona £12m; Slovakia's Centre Back Martin Skrtel from Liverpool £12m; and midfield playmaker Clement Grenier from Lyon at £12.8m are all reported to be on the move, but the current reports do not mention Southampton as a destination. Three players of that calibre and top half of the table would start to look realistic.

Skrtel was garbage against us and is coming off a very poor season. Seems to have lost a yard of pace. Not saying that he won't bounce back but £12m would be an almighty gamble.

'probably gets 5 small fishes a week' - this is what Pompey players should be paid in. A whole skate could be one of them if they get MOTM.

Lens is exactly what we need, no thanks to whoever said Skrtel, looks like a character from American History X and has definately lost a yard of pace. I also still remember him getting taken to the cleaners by Havant & Waterlooville's front line in the FA Cup.

Think De Ridder when you're talking about banging in goals in the Dutch league. It's probably sub Championship standard. Young players might be adaptable to a higher standard but your average dyed in the wool dutch goleador will just turn out to be another de ridder...ie useless.

I think Afonso Alves is the ultimate example of why you should be beware of good strikers in the Eredivisie.

45 in 39 for Herenveen, £12 million move to Borough for 10 in 42 and relegation.

Young players from Ajax/Feyenoord/PSV that have had Euro experience are possibly worth a gamble. Particularly Ajax as they have an excellent academy and you player training system.

Would jump at the chance to take Figueroa on a free. Very experienced and can play anywhere across the back 4 and in midfield. Seems like a good egg too, would be a good influence in the dressing room.

Wilfried Bony's name has been touted around an awful lot this window but i'm starting to think that he'd be a very good signing for us. Comes from a league with an emphasis on attacking football, very physical and knows where the goal is. Wondering if he's maybe too similar to Jay Rod in terms of his style of play though.

I think Afonso Alves is the ultimate example of why you should be beware of good strikers in the Eredivisie.

45 in 39 for Herenveen, £12 million move to Borough for 10 in 42 and relegation

I see what you're saying, but then you might just land yourself a Suarez or a van Nistelrooy.

I see what you're saying, but then you might just land yourself a Suarez or a van Nistelrooy.

If you've got 20 million + to spend yes, where you've to watch out is the bargain basement to mid-range area where your 10 million might buy you a dud or something a bit better. Goals in the Eredivisie are no guarantee of quality because the defences are so poor. However when players have been doing it in the CL and Europa League it's easier to tell.

Hence the bottom of my post, champs league experience, euro experience etc.. Suarez had played over 30 times in Europe and notched up 16 goals. He's also had just a very successful world cup before pool signed him.

The Dutch league in general is not a good standard, an element of 'flat track bullying' has to be taken into account when looking at players and it makes it a bit more of a gamble, players from the bigger Dutch clubs though will generally have been exposed to European and International football and if they have come through those academies have had an excellent footballing education so it;s easier to tell their quality. The poorness of the league and the lack of finances (top players at Ajax will probably be on around £30k a week) means they are open to moves to prem.

Radja Nainggolan outside a KFC in the UK.

Interesting (?) unless he's on some sort of international duty here. Or just a holiday I suppose...

with investigative hat on, looking at the reflection in the glas there is a mcdonalds opposite. is there a mcdonalds and kfc opposite each other in southampton?

Yup. It's between Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square. Worked nearby for almost two years.

Hmm, well thats that sorted cheers mullet

It of course matters mot where he is, he could have been anywhere in the UK talking to clubs and has gone to look around for a few days in the capital ?

But then, Spurs and Arsenal also need a DM

Hmm, well thats that sorted cheers mullet

It of course matters mot where he is, he could have been anywhere in the UK talking to clubs and has gone to look around for a few days in the capital ?

But then, Spurs and Arsenal also need a DM

No worries. Didn't want to look stupid so double checked it on Google maps first.

Fellaini, dembele, dufour, witsel etc etc

He has some fierce competition for a spot with Fellaini, Dembele, Witsel and Defour competing for a central midfield role.
Yeah I know that but didn't think he was a similar player to Fellaini, Dembele or Witsel?