Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

in what way?

Goals and assists to games record in the Championship for starters. He's just been more consistent at a comparable level.

Not to say that Zaha will not be a better player than Lallana, his pace and strength already gives him an advantage but to say that he is miles better right now? Not for me.

Goals and assists to games record in the Championship for starters. He's just been more consistent at a comparable level.

Not to say that Zaha will not be a better player than Lallana, his pace and strength already gives him an advantage but to say that he is miles better right now? Not for me.

If pace and strength doesn't make a player miles better, I don't know what does.

If you could magically give Lallana those two attributes you'd do it in a heartbeat and you'd soon see what a better player he'd become.

Lets just remember that the much maligned Daniel Fox has Zaha in his pocket at Selhurst last season, and he did nothing in the home game either.

Good player yes but nothing special thus far. Wouldn' be fussed about having him on loan at all. Ince the better of the two.

If pace and strength doesn't make a player miles better, I don't know what does.

If you could magically give Lallana those two attributes you'd do it in a heartbeat and you'd soon see what a better player he'd become.

I think you might have missed the point a bit. On the basis that Zaha has pace and strength, but scores and creates less than Lallana in a comparable season.

Don't disagree but at Championship level Lallana has delivered more by way of end product despite lacking pace and strength. Again, I wouldn't say that Zaha is miles better. He scored about 3 goals in the regular season last year and went missing for large chunks of the season.

I think you might have missed the point a bit. On the basis that Zaha has pace and strength, but scores and creates less than Lallana in a comparable season.

Don't disagree but at Championship level Lallana has delivered more by way of end product despite lacking pace and strength. Again, I wouldn't say that Zaha is miles better. He scored about 3 goals in the regular season last year and went missing for large chunks of the season.

Then I stand (sit) corrected.

Still, if only Lallana had pace.

Anybody thinking we have any chance of signing Lamela, is absolutely deluded. If he were to leave Roma, which I don't expect him to do then it will be to the likes of Manchester United or Barcelona. Roma would want £25m or more for him too. And to anybody who would respond with, "Well we signed Ramirez when everyone said we wouldn't", Lamela is on a different level to Ramirez, and plays for a much bigger club than Bologna and ourselves.

Anybody thinking we have any chance of signing Lamela, is absolutely deluded. If he were to leave Roma, which I don't expect him to do then it will be to the likes of Manchester United or Barcelona. Roma would want £25m or more for him too. And to anybody who would respond with, "Well we signed Ramirez when everyone said we wouldn't", Lamela is on a different level to Ramirez, and plays for a much bigger club than Bologna and ourselves.

Don't tell people on here, tell the journos who believe it has some legs. We can only comment on what's reported.

Don't tell people on here, tell the journos who believe it has some legs. We can only comment on what's reported.

I have only seen one fleeting comment from Alan Nixon where he said, "don't rule any names in Italy". If people want to take that seriously, then we may as well start talking about Saints signing Edison Cavani, Francesco Totti and Stephan El Shaarwary too.

It started on one of those loony transfer rumour sites, and someone asked Nixon who plainly doesn't have a clue at the moment. Not wanting people to realise that he plainly doesn't have a clue, Nixon gives a wooly reply "don't rule anything out." Total non-story.

I have only seen one fleeting comment from Alan Nixon where he said, "don't rule any names in Italy". If people want to take that seriously, then we may as well start talking about Saints signing Edison Cavani, Francesco Totti and Stephan El Shaarwary too.

He actually said story that originated from Italian media had some credibility.

Which story?

The story about Nainggolan, which he said was credible as he had been told Cortese was in Italy looking to spend big money on a player, whose identity he didn't know. Someone asked about Lamela and he said don't rule anything out. Entirely non-committal answer

Lets just remember that the much maligned Daniel Fox has Zaha in his pocket at Selhurst last season, and he did nothing in the home game either.

Good player yes but nothing special thus far. Wouldn't be fussed about having him on loan at all. Ince the better of the two.

at Sellhurst we doubled up on him (showing how much we rated him) and he still managed to create a brilliant chance. I'd take him without a second thought. In the top flight you need match winners, players that can do some thing different and he does that on a regular basis.

From Davide Azzuri

Duo end up in Roma radar but negotiations with Cagliari are difficult to set up. Astori & Nainggolan #saintsfc #ACROMA

And here goes another 3 months trying to deal with an Italian club, I hope we work on other options as well this summer

And here goes another 3 months trying to deal with an Italian club, I hope we work on other options as well this summer

No, Southampton employ a very rigid '1 target 1 club' transfer negotiation strategy. This became an mboard fact last summer.

good skills of course but utterly useless when you get barged off the ball by a feather duster and end up on your ass every 30 seconds.

Lallana has still shown a lot more than Zaha so far at comparable levels, obviously he's older but Zaha is very much raw potential at the moment. Hardly would be a shoe in for our team IMO and rather pointless for us on loan, if we are going to have a player that needs games to improve surely he should be our player so we get the future benefit?

Agree with others Ince has pace and trickery but seems to have a much more complete game and I would say a better footballing brain.

We aren't getting Lamela, he's essentially this years Hazard, it'll be Utds and PSGs after him not us. Osvaldo though might be an option with his disciplinary problems and the links with Pochettino, I'd happily take a risk on him even though he seems a bit mental, maybe he will get on well with Boruc?

good skills of course but utterly useless when you get barged off the ball by a feather duster and end up on your ass every 30 seconds.

Juan Mata, best midfield playmaker in the Prem last season is neither quick nor strong, just brilliant.

It helps, but Lallana's main attribute holding him back is final ball/finishing not pace or strength IMO.

Lallana has still shown a lot more than Zaha so far at comparable levels, obviously he's older but Zaha is very much raw potential at the moment. Hardly would be a shoe in for our team IMO and rather pointless for us on loan, if we are going to have a player that needs games to improve surely he should be our player so we get the future benefit?

Agree with others Ince has pace and trickery but seems to have a much more complete game and I would say a better footballing brain.

We aren't getting Lamela, he's essentially this years Hazard, it'll be Utds and PSGs after him not us. Osvaldo though might be an option with his disciplinary problems and the links with Pochettino, I'd happily take a risk on him even though he seems a bit mental, maybe he will get on well with Boruc?

On the subject of Argentines there are 2 at Nice who are right handy, the central defender Civelli who's out of contract but

seems to be heading for Italy and the striker Cvitanich. Trouble is Nice have qualified for the Europa League and the players might see that as incentive enough to stay there for one more season at least. Why no UK club has recruited Puel just astonishes me, a real magician, can turn sow's ears into silk purses...

I see Jermaine Easter has just signed for Millwall. Good signing that, he is a decent poacher who will outscore Sharp next season IMO.

I'l bet otherwise but entitled to that opinion. Sharp is a more proven player and is likely to go a club creating/scoring more as a team then millwall.

Sharp is going to Accrington, he tweeted it the other day.

The gospel that is twitter ... in all probablity we will sell him on and accrington cant really afford him ... besides if he did go to there id fancy he'd hit more then easter would in the championship ;)

Guys talk of Sharp coming back is crazy...forget it...he is not good enough

Can't help thinking that the player who could make the most difference to our team is someone like Wilfried Bony...powerful, quick forward man in the Lukaku/ Benteke role

we need to inject pace and penetration into this team...Bony would probably cost anything between £12-14 million and 10 clubs are interested...but everyone needs a modern forward who can lead the line and he would be perfect to lead the line for us

Striker David Villa from Barcelona £12m; Slovakia's Centre Back Martin Skrtel from Liverpool £12m; and midfield playmaker Clement Grenier from Lyon at £12.8m are all reported to be on the move, but the current reports do not mention Southampton as a destination. Three players of that calibre and top half of the table would start to look realistic.

Striker David Villa from Barcelona £12m; Slovakia's Centre Back Martin Skrtel from Liverpool £12m; and midfield playmaker Clement Grenier from Lyon at £12.8m are all reported to be on the move, but the current reports do not mention Southampton as a destination. Three players of that calibre and top half of the table would start to look realistic.

Bizarre post. We aren't going to be interested in every good player that moves this summer.

Grenier is no great shakes, good free kicks but we already have someone for that.He's certainly not worth 15 million euros.

Gaston has far more potential if we can just use it correctly and that means no Lallana I'm afraid.

Villa is going to Spurs.