Tyrone Mings - Top Lad

KelvinsRightGlove

Fair enough, I haven't really heard of such a story before.

Just thought it was a nice touch from the bloke.

Footballers in general should do much more in and for the community - I shouldnt knock the guy for doing something good, but in the grand scheme of things giving away some free tickets isnt a big deal like people in the media are making out.

The fact it is sums up the current generation of footballer - overpaid and generally arrogant ****s.

Footballers in general should do much more in and for the community - I shouldnt knock the guy for doing something good, but in the grand scheme of things giving away some free tickets isnt a big deal like people in the media are making out.

The fact it is sums up the current generation of footballer - overpaid and generally arrogant ****s.

Don't disagree with any of this pal.

Though that said, they are kind of damned if they do, damned if they don't. I still can't get over the stick Beckham got for donating 6 months wages to charity.

"Oh he's loaded anyway, what does it matter?!"

"Should have given it to an English charity"

Both genuine and just a small selection of people I knows comments. Pathetic.

Whether he can afford it or not is irrelevant. He is under no obligation whatsoever to donate (what should we estimate? £100k p/w, for 6 months? £3mish area?) that sort of money, it is an extremely generous act.

Plenty of others, with much more than him, and are much more vocal in telling us all how we should live do a lot less (yes I am looking at you Bono).

Don't disagree with any of this pal.

Though that said, they are kind of damned if they do, damned if they don't. I still can't get over the stick Beckham got for donating 6 months wages to charity.

"Oh he's loaded anyway, what does it matter?!"

"Should have given it to an English charity"

Both genuine and just a small selection of people I knows comments. Pathetic.

Whether he can afford it or not is irrelevant. He is under no obligation whatsoever to donate (what should we estimate? £100k p/w, for 6 months? £3mish area?) that sort of money, it is an extremely generous act.

Plenty of others, with much more than him, and are much more vocal in telling us all how we should live do a lot less (yes I am looking at you Bono).

David Beckham is a top bloke imho - sure he can afford it, like you say but he was under no obligation (As you say) legend!

Shame that for every Beckham there is an Ashley Cole, John Terry, Defoe, Joey Barton, Titus Bramble, Rio Ferdinand, Marlon King and Liam Ridgewell

David Beckham is a top bloke imho - sure he can afford it, like you say but he was under no obligation (As you say) legend!

Shame that for every Beckham there is an Ashley Cole, John Terry, Defoe, Joey Barton, Titus Bramble, Rio Ferdinand, Marlon King and Liam Ridgewell

Mate, I'm not remotely ashamed to say I would go gay for Becks in a heartbeat. Unbelievably top bloke. It seems trendy to knock him now, and say he held England back (cliques etc), he single-handedly dragged the national team by the collar for about 4-5 years. Easily the best England captain by a mile, he, unlike most others in an England shirt, seemed to genuinely care. Yes, he messed up sometimes, but you could see how hurt he was when the team lost. Passion you just don't seem to get from JT, Lamps, Gerrard, Johnson, Rooney.

Again, agree entirely with your post.

• 2 years later...