Nokia Lumina 920

Saint-scooby

Dad has a Lumia 610. The base model. As far as i'm concerned it's the best budget phone on the market.

The window's operating system is the easiest to use i've come across, even better then Apple OS and far, far better then Android. I can't comment on the higher spec hardware and it's build quality but I have been very tempted to switch over to a Lumia from my Galaxy S3.

I have the 800 as a work phone.

As a business tool, it is good - you have access to the full Office suite, and can edit etc word/excel.

As a 'play' thing - i dont like it. The apps are gash, market place has about 4 apps, all made by what looks like 7 year olds. The facebook and Twitter apps are sh1te, and tapatalk isn't available.

each to their own, but it's a thumbs down from me

Dad has a Lumia 610. The base model. As far as i'm concerned it's the best budget phone on the market.

The window's operating system is the easiest to use i've come across, even better then Apple OS and far, far better then Android. I can't comment on the higher spec hardware and it's build quality but I have been very tempted to switch over to a Lumia from my Galaxy S3.

You are mental.

As a 'play' thing - i dont like it. The apps are gash, market place has about 4 apps, all made by what looks like 7 year olds. The facebook and Twitter apps are sh1te, and tapatalk isn't available.

each to their own, but it's a thumbs down from me

As you say, each to their own. Most of the apps I want are there (Italian train times, London Tube, English dictionary with sound, British Airways, meteo, maps, notes, recorder, skype, Tom and Jerry!!, TuneIn Radio etc. I couldn't give a stuff about Facebook or Twitter. Tapatalk is available although I haven't used it.

Worth a look, I'd say.

I've just switched back to iPhone after having a lumia for the last year. Before that I was an android man.

Windows phone is far and away the best os.

The hardware is fantastic as is the Nokia software such as the sat nav with free maps.

The downside. There is a lack of apps which is only an issue if you like to download all sorts of crap. I do so that was an issue. There are apps for just about everything you would like though and they're fine, it's just that you don't have a million apps that do the same thing like the others.

Only tempted.... I didn't follow it up.

The ideal would be the build quality of an iPhone, with Windows operating system, S3 hardware specs and an amalgamation of the android/apple app store.

Fair enough. Can't say I'm a huge fan of windows os although I prefer it to apple

• 3 weeks later...

my Nokia Lumia 800 seems to have died today

Was listening to the radio via Tunein app, or was trying to , and all of a sudden everything just closed down and phone turned off. Battery was fully charged.

Nothing I can do to turn it back on. I have tried the re-set buttons. Nothing.