Flaming Lips to cover Stone Roses debut Album

swannymere

Saw this and shared with a few mates the other day.

I'm certainly intrigued.

I'm a big fan of both bands, and think they will certainly put their own spin on it.

I think Flaming Lips have reached the point where they can just do what they want, and don't really care what people think (I like this).

Have you seen the anatomically correct heart shaped chocolate usb album they are releasing for valentines?

http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/the-flaming-lips-release-anatomically-correct-chocolate-heart-compilation-album-117501?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-flaming-lips-release-anatomically-correct-chocolate-heart-compilation-album&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So many conflicting emotions... This could, could, potentially be amazing.

But god I wish they'd stop being so forcefully zany and just make a good record again. Stop exhorting everyone to 'have the greatest party of your life' and just play a good show. It's wonderful that they can do what they want without restriction, some great art gets made that way. But there are some artists who need an editor.

I could of course stop listening, but I keep going back to see if they've finished p1ssing about with their celebrity mates yet...

So many conflicting emotions... This could, could, potentially be amazing.

But god I wish they'd stop being so forcefully zany and just make a good record again. Stop exhorting everyone to 'have the greatest party of your life' and just play a good show. It's wonderful that they can do what they want without restriction, some great art gets made that way. But there are some artists who need an editor.

I could of course stop listening, but I keep going back to see if they've finished p1ssing about with their celebrity mates yet...

Can understand the sentiment but their zaniness and matey collaborations haven't got in the way of their day jobs. IMO their last 'proper' album, Embryonic ,was their best one yet -not a fan of their sugar-coated stuff- and their forthcoming album sounds like it will be good too.

Not sure about them covering the Stone Roses but that's more of a general point against covers. As far as the particular album is concerned, think its pretty suited to the Flaming Lips cracked psychedelia.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...