Starting XI Announced for Exeter

Matthew Le God

I take it now that Rudi, Euell, Rasiak and Thomas have no future at the club, as they have been over looked for a league cup game?

Can anyone fill me in here please?

Don't be so hard on yourself Peacey. We're all friends here. :)

I take it now that Rudi, Euell, Rasiak and Thomas have no future at the club, as they have been over looked for a league cup game?

Can anyone fill me in here please?

No one really knows - I would expect we're doing our damnest to offload the lot of them and they're excluded from the matchday squad since it would be disruptive to the team to include them just before they leave. If however it comes to the end of the transfer window and we haven't got shot of them then I would expect the likes of Euell, Rasiak and possibly even Skacel to start figuring in first team squads. Perhaps not Thomas though - it seems that Jan just really doesn't rate him.

Strange that Thomas is no where to be seen, same with Stern.

Did he mention the subs bench?

We can have 7 subs in the League Cup (and FA Cup) - so presumably the seven will be all those listed in the squad who are not in the starting XI i.e. Forecast, Hatch. Mills, Lacashire, Dyer, John and White.

The list of those omitted is quite telling. Davis, BWP, Skacel, Thomas, Euell and Rasiak - all those we would offload if we got a suitable offer so we don't want them cup tied. Given where the goals came from last year, good to see that Stern John isn't one of them.

We can have 7 subs in the League Cup (and FA Cup) - so presumably the seven will be all those listed in the squad who are not in the starting XI i.e. Forecast, Hatch. Mills, Lacashire, Dyer, John and White.

It is 5 subs in the FA cup and League cup

7 subs is just for the Premiership, UEFA Cup and Champions League

That list is the Saints match day squad which is always 18 players. Two of them won't be in the match 16 of course and are there in case of pre game injures and need to be added.

That list is the Saints match day squad which is always 18 players. Two of them won't be in the match 16 of course and are there in case of pre game injures and need to be added.

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1330180,00.html

According to this link - not exactly a definitive source - it is 7 subs for FA Cup and League Cup, though I've also seen a different interpretation which is that Premiership sides can name 7 subs in these competitons and others can only name 5. I can't believe that you could have different number of subs in the same competition so I'm assuming it is 7 for all sides.

According to this link - not exactly a definitive source - it is 7 subs for FA Cup and League Cup, though I've also seen a different interpretation which is that Premiership sides can name 7 subs in these competitons and others can only name 5. I can't believe that different sides could have different number of subs in the same competition depending on which division they were from so I'm assuming it is 7 for all sides.

According to this link - not exactly a definitive source - it is 7 subs for FA Cup and League Cup, though I've also seen a different interpretation which is that Premiership sides can name 7 subs in these competitons and others can only name 5. I can't believe that different sides could have different number of subs in the same competition depending on which division they were from so I'm assuming it is 7 for all sides.

http://www.carlingcup.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Rules/0,,11995,00.html

n all Matches, each team is permitted up to five substitutes of whom not more than three may take part in the Match.  All substitutes must be nominated and included on the official Team Sheet handed to the Referee prior to the Match.  Not more than three substitutes of each Club may warm up or down at the same time on the perimeter of the pitch on which the Match is being played.

Looks like it's just the five subs on the bench