The Ramirez Off Topic Thread

maysie

If you go onto a thread looking for news and people are talking garbage or having some banter, it's a good indication that there is no news. As soon as anything newsworthy appears, the thread goes back on topic (mostly!)

Or a new thread gets started and quickly gets locked and posts merged with the existing one. If you want news look for a locked thread. FACT

I got an infraction for a sarcastic comment and Jimmy D sent me a long rambling email saying I was Stamping on people's dream because I'm argue against champions league and all that. Then he posted something about the Olympic torch and the Marcus Liebherr trophy so I replied "I don't want to stamp on your dreams but the tournament is to honour Marcus Liehberr, the torch is a sideshow" and he infracted me for it.

I'm just catching up with this bit of the thread, but this is truly hilarious.

Jimmy D is such a terrible little gimp.

Nothing about the troll I see

I said to Alpine that if he saw anything offensive he should report it, I also said he should perhaps look at why people react to his posts so enthusiastically.

I am sure there are more interesting conversations on submarines to be honest.

I said to Alpine that if he saw anything offensive he should report it, I also said he should perhaps look at why people react to his posts so enthusiastically.

I am sure there are more interesting conversations on submarines to be honest.

Just realised you gave me an infraction for calling someone a ginger. Shameful.

This thread is mental. For a moment I thought Alpine and MLG had suddenly started posting in the muppet show, then I realised it was just some crap that had been sent here to die.

Seriously, everyone knows its just me, bear, bletchy big head, Scotty and maybe about 2 others than come here to get away from the rath of the mods. If you keep sending crap here, we won't know which is our own crap and which is the crap that's been moved here.

Mods, go take a week off. When you get back, people will still be starting and discussing mostly saints related subjects or they will have instigated some other general talking points.

Some people will argue with the trolls and some normal posters will maybe disagree with each other. Some people may even be called some names but the large majority won't and those that are probably won't care.

Ultimately, when you come back, no one will have been killed, the forum won't be a burning smouldering wreck and life will go on.

Try it and you might save yourself a lot time and energy in deleting, removing and infracting posts.

Why dont you just ban Alpine...every ****ing thread the same...he trolls...people react...it all goes to ****...seems like such a simple solution

People react. That's the key.

Alps and I have clashed. He has said some things I consider to be idiotic. I'm sure he thinks the same of me. I have no problem with that, and one thing I will say about Alps is that he's decent enough to hit you head on. I know full well that Alps is trying to get a reaction out of people. I commend him for every time he manages it. I've definitely took the hook enough times.

As distasteful as Alps' opinions may sometimes be, and despite the fact that much of the stuff he posts is designed to wind people up, those "crimes" pales in comparison when set against what appears to be a herd-mentality bullying session. I don't get it. Do people think they're going to attract kudos by pointing out what is painfully obvious? Are people so fragile that they can't read one of his posts without exploding into reply-rage?

F*cking sort it out, chaps.

People react. That's the key.

Alps and I have clashed. He has said some things I consider to be idiotic. I'm sure he thinks the same of me. I have no problem with that, and one thing I will say about Alps is that he's decent enough to hit you head on. I know full well that Alps is trying to get a reaction out of people. I commend him for every time he manages it. I've definitely took the hook enough times.

As distasteful as Alps' opinions may sometimes be, and despite the fact that much of the stuff he posts is designed to wind people up, those "crimes" pales in comparison when set against what appears to be a herd-mentality bullying session. I don't get it. Do people think they're going to attract kudos by pointing out what is painfully obvious? Are people so fragile that they can't read one of his posts without exploding into reply-rage?

F*cking sort it out, chaps.

The herd are only 'bullying' because 'much of the stuff he posts is designed to wind people up'. If he stopped, no-one would have any reason to ever think of him.

The herd are only 'bullying' because 'much of the stuff he posts is designed to wind people up'. If he stopped, no-one would have any reason to ever think of him.

I think we all need help - or maybe its just me who needs help? Is it just me who is confused? The only one with muliple personalities and never knowing which one to use on aparticular day or particular thread?

Thats the thing, kind of depends on the topic, the tone or the original post, the level of news etc - as to whether you take it more seriously or just have a laugh - I can understand why some get fecked off - I do it all the time - when sarcasm or wind up is is used on a more 'serious' discussion - or there is something disturbing when a scrote posts racist boll ox etc, or takes things way too far - only time I ever complained about a post was (about a comment not about me but insinuations about Mrs C)

Having an onlune argument with a WUM is part of the wired fecked up challenge that these boards provide - a daily dose of realism in that no matter how fecked up you are there are even more freaks on the message board! Its like coming home:uhoh::lol: So in the efforts of scientific study (or ignorant opinion, take your pick)....

Alps is reactionary, I dont actually believe he is on a wind up - I could be wrong but so what what - he gets angry now an then and unleashes his frustration on here, which is I guess like therapy of some sort :p but its just his opinion...

Turks fecks me off all the time - because he could sum up alot of what he posts with sarcasm in a single thread saying 'I dont always like that Cortese bloke' - and I end up biting like a fool whenever he WUMs about stadia size, the 'perfect fan outfit' blah blah. etc

CB Fry? - a more subtle WUM - cleverly disguised with the air of superiority - a patronizing 'charm' - self important - or maybe just a c**k - who knows, who cares?

Dune was the only true arse - for his racist shiedt - if not truely his thing and it was a WUM persona, then even more of an immature c*** for thinking that's a topic appropriate for wind up.... although it was funny watching him brown nose to Turks and the like - like some little nerdy need *** t jumping up an down 'please let me join the gang' ...

...most if truely honest will know that horrible feeloing when only after having made a few serious posts that make you look angry and reactionary and very serious do you realise you have been sucked in by those being deliberately provocative.

As Capt Mainwaring would have said '' keep vigilent'' ... or 'stupid boy' :p

I think we all need help - or maybe its just me who needs help? Is it just me who is confused? The only one with muliple personalities and never knowing which one to use on aparticular day or particular thread?

Thats the thing, kind of depends on the topic, the tone or the original post, the level of news etc - as to whether you take it more seriously or just have a laugh - I can understand why some get fecked off - I do it all the time - when sarcasm or wind up is is used on a more 'serious' discussion - or there is something disturbing when a scrote posts racist boll ox etc, or takes things way too far - only time I ever complained about a post was (about a comment not about me but insinuations about Mrs C)

Having an onlune argument with a WUM is part of the wired fecked up challenge that these boards provide - a daily dose of realism in that no matter how fecked up you are there are even more freaks on the message board! Its like coming home:uhoh::lol: So in the efforts of scientific study (or ignorant opinion, take your pick)....

Alps is reactionary, I dont actually believe he is on a wind up - I could be wrong but so what what - he gets angry now an then and unleashes his frustration on here, which is I guess like therapy of some sort :p but its just his opinion...

Turks fecks me off all the time - because he could sum up alot of what he posts with sarcasm in a single thread saying 'I dont always like that Cortese bloke' - and I end up biting like a fool whenever he WUMs about stadia size, the 'perfect fan outfit' blah blah. etc

CB Fry? - a more subtle WUM - cleverly disguised with the air of superiority - a patronizing 'charm' - self important - or maybe just a c**k - who knows, who cares?

Dune was the only true arse - for his racist shiedt - if not truely his thing and it was a WUM persona, then even more of an immature c*** for thinking that's a topic appropriate for wind up.... although it was funny watching him brown nose to Turks and the like - like some little nerdy need *** t jumping up an down 'please let me join the gang' ...

...most if truely honest will know that horrible feeloing when only after having made a few serious posts that make you look angry and reactionary and very serious do you realise you have been sucked in by those being deliberately provocative.

As Capt Mainwaring would have said '' keep vigilent'' ... or 'stupid boy' :p

'An onlune argument with a WUM' is right , although I would spell it onloon in certain peoples cases.

I will not bother speaking in a detailed manner about the only WUM that annoys me, but most of us can't just ignore him because he is SO RELENTLESSLY NEGATIVE.

Yes, we rise to the bait but somehow we can't help it. What he does just seems out of whack with the rest of the forum somehow. I can ignore the sarcasm from certain posters, I can ignore the 'too cool for this forum' musings of others, there is a truth to what most of them say underneath it all. The other poster who shall not be named, lest I receive my second ever warning in one day, is simply a black cloud that soaks everyone underneath him with misery that distracts from all else.

Overdramatic? Fight fire with fire I say.

And I'm not as drunk yet as Frank's cousin appears to be sober. ;) If there is anyone who should probably be asleep at 4am it may be you my friend.... :)

If we persist we may get an answer. In other news my favourite ever infraction from Baj came in this thread:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?28044-Macbook-for-sale&p=962050#post962050

Christ, was that for the pubic hair comment? Pathetic. And the amount of sarcastic replies he made he should have infrared himself a couple of times at least.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree with pretty much all of it. Herd bullying happens because most of the herd are too weak to operate alone. And, btw - if Alps stopped posting today, you'd probably all be speaking about him for the next 5 years.

Interesting way of putting it tho, mate.

"no-one would have any reason to think of him"

That your endgame, is it? Would you like people to think of you instead?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree with pretty much all of it. Herd bullying happens because most of the herd are too weak to operate alone. And, btw - if Alps stopped posting today, you'd probably all be speaking about him for the next 5 years.

Interesting way of putting it tho, mate.

"no-one would have any reason to think of him"

That your endgame, is it? Would you like people to think of you instead?

What a weird thing to write, you're off on a tangent there mate. Most people outside of the match thread have probably never seen my name before. I am simply saying that people don't react to someone who isn't winding them up.

And I disagree with pretty much everything you wrote too. Touche.

You call it herd bullying, I call it a load of people feeling the same reaction to someone YOU described as posting WUM ****e. 'much of the stuff he posts is designed to wind people up'.

You are entitled to your opinion too, but I won't accuse you of having some bizarre endgame.

And I'm not as drunk yet as Frank's cousin appears to be sober. ;) If there is anyone who should probably be asleep at 4am it may be you my friend.... :)

If only I could amaze you all of tales of a wild late night of nubile air hostesses jumping around naked, drink and debauchery as to the reason for the 'early/late post' ... sadly those hedonistic days are but fond memories... and alas I am fecked by work...

If only I could amaze you all of tales of a wild late night of nubile air hostesses jumping around naked' date=' drink and debauchery as to the reason for the 'early/late post' ... sadly those hedonistic days are but fond memories... and alas I am fecked by work...[/quote']

Cheer up mate, we might be signing Ramirez. (No news either way yet, like, but apparently according to some unconfirmed conflicting reports that all say differing things)

No!

It's a trap.

If you follow that link and login then you will have left footprints in Internet snow, fingerprints in Internet dust, DNA at an Internet crime scene.

The people's republic of PoL will be able to see that you were referred from TSW and you will probably be terminated a little bit.

You have been warned.

Cheer up mate, we might be signing Ramirez. (No news either way yet, like, but apparently according to some unconfirmed conflicting reports that all say differing things)

We need a nerdy statto you go through each and everyone of the trweets ands reports and place them into positive/negative or neutral categories - then using sophisticated multivariate analysis determine whether there is a significant difference to a p value of 0.00001 between the positive and negative possibles - only then will be wiser and able to determine that we really know Feck all. Any volunteers?

we need a nerdy statto you go through each and everyone of the trweets ands reports and place them into positive/negative or neutral categories - then using sophisticated multivariate analysis determine whether there is a significant difference to a p value of 0.00001 between the positive and negative possibles - only then will be wiser and able to determine that we really know feck all. Any volunteers?

mlg?

If we sign Ramirez, I will love everyone ..... except Dune. I will appreciate the excellent wit and satire of those cheeky WUMs, I will embrace the Alps to free him of his misery and I will blend seamlessly between fine humour and more intelectual debate at the appropraite times and on the appropriate thread. Peace , Love and Harmony shall prevail for at least 5 minutes.... and a good kicking to the the bigots

If we sign Ramirez' date=' I will love everyone ..... except Dune. I will appreciate the excellent wit and satire of those cheeky WUMs, I will embrace the Alps to free him of his misery and I will blend seamlessly between fine humour and more intelectual debate at the appropraite times and on the appropriate thread. Peace , Love and Harmony shall prevail for at least 5 minutes.... and a good kicking to the the bigots[/quote']

**** that, I'm still going to have my favourite WUM on ignore, and it ain't Alps....

This thread is mental. For a moment I thought Alpine and MLG had suddenly started posting in the muppet show, then I realised it was just some crap that had been sent here to die.

Seriously, everyone knows its just me, bear, bletchy big head, Scotty and maybe about 2 others than come here to get away from the rath of the mods. If you keep sending crap here, we won't know which is our own crap and which is the crap that's been moved here.

Tokyo, don't you realise that this thread is a great opportunity for The Muppet Show Ltd?

It's like when a motorway gets closed in Devon (do they have motorways?) and all the cars, lorries and coaches get diverted through a little village and the drivers stop and visit the pub, take a p*ss and buy supplies at the local shop.

They get out, stretch their legs, have a look round, count our fingers, smile nervously, spy the bear sitting in the corner grinning inanely whilst playing with his peter, and then they get out of town as quick as.

So if you can have a word with the bear and tell him not to get his peter out while we've got visitors, then we might encourage them to stay awhile.

I'm like the bloke behind the counter of the The Muppet Show Tourist Board and you're a Games Maker from the Muppet Show Olympics.

Put a smile on your face and don those beige Chinos and purple shirt.

Oh, and less of the "bletchy big head" please. I'm not arrogant, I'm simply anally-superior (think about it). There's a big difference. It's why I agonised over using the word awhile above and you can't spell socal saint's name proper.

What a weird thing to write, you're off on a tangent there mate. Most people outside of the match thread have probably never seen my name before. I am simply saying that people don't react to someone who isn't winding them up.

And I disagree with pretty much everything you wrote too. Touche.

You call it herd bullying, I call it a load of people feeling the same reaction to someone YOU described as posting WUM ****e. 'much of the stuff he posts is designed to wind people up'.

You are entitled to your opinion too, but I won't accuse you of having some bizarre endgame.

No one accused you of anything. You were asked a question, to which your only response was "you've gone off on a tangent".

If it was just people arguing with Alps, that'd be fair enough. But it's not. People are jumping on with "me too" responses calling for him to be banned. They are reacting to the reaction, not to Alps' posts.